It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Chaining for Shinies(Pokéradar) 
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
AlphaArceus wrote:
i usually just reset the radar once I hit 35-40 although Ive had shiny patches at 25 and 14

Well, yeah you can do that but it will take the least amount of time for a Shiny patch to appear(generally anyway) when reseting at 40(as in already having encountered the 40th pokemon) as that's when the chances for 1 is at it's peak I believe...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yup, 40 is when it reaches 1/200, according to the chaining guide/shiny guide on your favorite pokemon website (for any noob who reads thiss and donesn't know what i'm talking about, look at the top of the page). lol jkjk, but really.
EDIT: god, ****, i just reached a chain of 39 {mightyena}, one of my favorite pokemon, and a frickin' geodude broke it. that just pisses me off..... gah, why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? but oh, well, at least they're relatively easy to chain (for those interested, just go south of veilstone till you get near a huge patch of grass with a honey tree near it; this is a really good place to chain, due to the size of it)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have another helpful chaining suggestion. When resetting the radar, walk dont run. Too many times Ive run and accidently run into a bad patch. I just broke a 21 Cleffa chain in the Trophy Garden this way. Its not a good idea to run if you dont rmenber where all the patches were. And never walk into a bush your not sure of. I learned this the hard way, what Im saying basically when in doubt, reset the radar. My chains are getting longer due to this. Im getting better and if I can stop doing stupid stuff all my chains might eventually get to 40. Something upset me the other day. I was chaining Flaafy and it was at 31 and then I reset the radar while I was walking back and forth the chain just" died" it just dissapeared. Has this happened to anyone else? why? I was doing everything right

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AlphaArceus wrote:
I have another helpful chaining suggestion. When resetting the radar, walk dont run. Too many times Ive run and accidently run into a bad patch. I just broke a 21 Cleffa chain in the Trophy Garden this way. Its not a good idea to run if you dont rmenber where all the patches were. And never walk into a bush your not sure of. I learned this the hard way, what Im saying basically when in doubt, reset the radar. My chains are getting longer due to this. Im getting better and if I can stop doing stupid stuff all my chains might eventually get to 40. Something upset me the other day. I was chaining Flaafy and it was at 31 and then I reset the radar while I was walking back and forth the chain just" died" it just dissapeared. Has this happened to anyone else? why? I was doing everything right

this can happen for two reasons: 1) you walk out of the grass. 2) if it's a big enough patch of grass, and all of the patches leave your screen (as in you can't see them), your chain goes to that special place in the sky. lols aside, what i try to do is find a row of grass that is clear, then just run in that (but then one accidental button slip, and the frickin' chain went to hell.... damn ponyta). i don't reccomend the running bit, but the resetting in the row makes me feel more patient than walking between two squares of grass. and i know what you mean about the doubt thing. <sigh> i wish i had gts, then i could just ask someone to breed me a shiny.... (but that's not as cool as getting it yourself :-D).

Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Im doing all this chaining because I want my own shinies. Then I can name them and stuff

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AlphaArceus wrote:
Im doing all this chaining because I want my own shinies. Then I can name them and stuff

actually, i think eon or someone can get you a shiny with whatever nickname you want, plus egg moves, nature, ability, and ivs. so in the long run, he creates usable shinies. but that's not as challenging as getting them yourself, so i agree with you. plus, i don't have gts lol. but yeah, i prefer chaining to letting someone else get them for me (iow: i agree with you).

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

rex09 wrote:
AlphaArceus wrote:

actually, i think eon or someone can get you a shiny with whatever nickname you want, plus egg moves, nature, ability, and ivs. so in the long run, he creates usable shinies. but that's not as challenging as getting them yourself, so i agree with you. plus, i don't have gts lol. but yeah, i prefer chaining to letting someone else get them for me (iow: i agree with you).

probably cause they know how to RNG them. I cant really do that, It is too complicated for me. Im getting much better. I did a 40 Bronzor chain, but broke it while resetting the radar for shinies. Dumb Ponyta. Im still not careful enough. I also got a shiny shinx patch at 6 last night. that brings my Shinx total to 4. I tried Nosepass, my swarm but i broke it too. I need to do Ralts again cause Im missing a couple natures in my Syncronizer army.

Edit: Crap! there goes my klutziness again. I caught a shiny Budew at 6 right neer the Pokemon Mansion. I accidently forgot to save, turned the game off and lost it.

Edit #2: Ive experienced something. It seems 6 on the chain is my magic number for getting a shiny, Ive caught at least 3 shinies at 6 on the chain. I dont know if its a wierd coincidence, but i thought id just share that.

Edit #3: Ive decided to take a hiatus from chaining to focus on my many current SR projects. I'll resume chaining when they are complete.

Last edited by AlphaArceus on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AlphaArceus wrote:
rex09 wrote:
AlphaArceus wrote:

probably cause they know how to RNG them. I cant really do that, It is too complicated for me.

yeah, i think i saw that in the Chaining vs. Masuda Method thread. i looked at RNG on a different site, but it was so... above me, as far as wording. if i saw it done, i could probably make sense of it. but i'm the only person my age i know (outside of the internet) who actually still plays, so...
i got a chain of spoink up to 31 today, but for no apparent reason, my chain broke. <sigh>. i hate stunky..... and ponyta.... geodude..... and maybe floatzel (even though one of the times it broke my chain it was shiny)..... but i'm also getting better at this. well, AA, i guess i need to practice more before i get to 40!! ay ay ay.... it's just my frickin' luck, tho.... btw, how did you get all those shinies in your sig, if you haven't been chaining for all of them?? trading? or just luck?? since that's off-topic, maybe pm me. idk, up to you.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

To whoever asked about Eevee chaining experience:

Chaining for Eevees in the garden can be difficult, but one thing I found that helped me is to choose the hard flashing patches over the merely blinking or shaking patches. As stated earlier, shaking - common, blinking = uncommon, and flashing = rare. This should help keep your chains from breaking early.

Don't get discouraged if you run into a few bad chains. Figuring things out like this takes time. I did catch an eevee for every evolution stage, but it wasn't all done in one chain. Just keep at it and pay close attention to what you are doing.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

WHOO!!! i finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i chained absol, and got two very nice shiny absols, one male, one female. the chain got up to 62 before i had to go. i only used about 42 max repels to get to 40, then by the time i found a shiny i was at 63. whoop!!! thanks to everyone who gave me tips and advice!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:03 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Your welcome but more importantly wow dude that is just too awesome, I always try to chain Absol specifically & end up having all but no luck once I hit around 20...welp, congrats man cause that is a really hard pokemon to chain & a very hard location to chain at as well...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lawence Codye wrote:
Your welcome but more importantly wow dude that is just too awesome, I always try to chain Absol specifically & end up having all but no luck once I hit around 20...welp, congrats man cause that is a really hard pokemon to chain & a very hard location to chain at as well...

well, i wanted three, but only got two, so... and if location is an issue, then try rock-climbing up that one area near the beach; it was really easy up there (though the pokes themselves are really hard to catch; i had to end a chain to go back and get a weaker pokemon so i could actually catch one lol). i tried just outside of pastoria, and there was no luck (tho i caught a swellow, but that's besides the point...).
thanks for the compliments, tho!!! hope this helps.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I don't have a problem chaining on that route & most of the time chain in the grass accessable by Rock Climb...the problem isn't even catching the pokemon, it's getting a good enough chain without it breaking regardless of the patch type I used, I couldn't chain Absol(mainly), Shellos(eastern), Buizel, Floatzel, etc...it just wasn't happening...another place that is harder then it appears to chain at is umm & get this ---> "Route 214", it should be dead easy considering the space, but I have had better luck chaining on "Route 209" & "Eterna Forest" then I have had there, lol...

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, i know what you mean!!! route 214 always gives me a chain in the 30's, then breaks it for no apparent reason.... i got a chain of mightyena to 39, and it broke. wth. and spoink, same thing at 36. makes me mad when that happens....
a place that's difficult for me is Fuego Ironworks. never got beyond 30 shinx, 8 luxio XD, or 26 aron :-(. so...yeah. but i guess i just gotta try harder. <sigh>

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Aww man, now that I think about it, the only pokemon that I ever got a Shiny out of chaining was the swarm pokemon {spoink} & it was lucky cause it was the 35th Spoink found that chain & the chain which to my record got to a whooping 60 before it broke with no more shinies encountered...

As far as {mightyena} is concern, I didn't even really try that more then once & the main pokemon I would try to chain is the LeafGreen insertion pokemon known as {vulpix} & never even hit 25...

As far as the Fuego Ironworks is concern, I actually should have included that in my example of better locations to chain then Route 214 cause I got a {luxio} chain of 30 with no shinies & finally a very good of the swarm pokemon {magnemite} which got me 2 shinies & a good chain of 55, one of them was traded to a user of these forums for a Shiny Sableye from the Hoenn games, meh...

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

you know, i wonder why some routes are consistently difficult to chain on. is it based off of the species, the game, or something else??
some pokemon i want to have shinies of/will try chaining for:
{mightyena} {aron} {beldum}(when it swarms, i will) {seviper} {arbok} {phanpy} {spoink}(the one that got away lol) {eevee} {porygon} {nidorino}/nidoranmale..... and others, which i can't think of.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I have multiple Shiny Phanpy & a Shiny Spoink...

I think it is hard to consistantly hard to chain some places due to the bulk of different pokemon that appear on that route at all like Route 214 has a huge list of pokemon that show up on it & also for another reason I believe this is because in Platinum (I don't know how many times I have said this but) it is just simply harder to chain & also in Platinum though, just about every location has an increase in different pokemon species that can be encountered in any 1 location in the game thus...

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

that's a good point. i never thought about how many species show up in those areas. one thing i wish about chaining was that you didn't need the repels; it's such a waste, especially if the chain breaks. hopefully if they put it in the next gen, they'll make it so that you don't need the repels.... but i doubt they will.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:51 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, considering how easy it is to make money this Gen(mainly Platinum, I did it twice quickly), I don't really mind plus it adds most of the actual challenge to chaining...without Repels, I only see chaining as a pure luck game(because of the fact that even doing everything right can result in a broken chain)...

So in conclusion, if they remove the need for Repels in the Future of chaining, then they better replace it cause otherwise it will bore me to sleep without even having to disperse my patience first...

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

yeah, i guess it's just me being too lazy to go out and collect some funds lol. hmmm, i wonder what other ways they could make this a bit of a challenge...

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

There is an element of chance involved in chaining, but I would not say that it is completely up to luck.

In other news, I recently found a cheap, used copy of Pearl. Currently working my way through the game so I can get to work on a good pinsir chain...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Can someone tell me what the easiest pokemon to chain are?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

1. Swarm pokemon
2. Anything "common" found in plain, shaking patches (see main site for appearance rate percentages)
3. Start on routes with little specie diversity like Route 201

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Id try Shinx first. Get a high level pokemon with the abilty Static, like a Pikachu/Raichu or Electabuzz and put it at the front of your party and go to Rt. 202. That pokemon w/ static wil help with chaining shinx cause it draws in electric types. Once you get to 40 stop and start ressetting the radar, but be careful, try not to use the running shoes if you can. Shiny Patches are pretty hard to miss. It will glow brightly twice. Once you have that doen, id try Bidoof or Starly, or move on to Pokeradar Exclusive Pokemon. Those are easy too. I might go for Ralts, because you can catch a ton for Synchronizing purposes that way when you're chaining you can get a good nature. if the ralts is the nature you want your shiny to be. Also if you're chaining a Steel type get a poke w/ Magnet Pull. Try the swarms also, as they have a high appearence rate. Try to pick pokes w/ a high appearence rate, them move to harder stuff. Sometimes you might find a shiny before 40 on the chain, this ispretty lucky so make sure you catch it. Make sure you save after you catch each shiny, i lost a shiny Budew this way. Just start easy and work your way up.
Edit: make sure you use Max and Super Repels and have your lead pokemon higher leveled than the pokmon you're chaining, you wont have much luck if you dont. id buy 200-300 max repels and maybe 100 super repels.
Edit: if u look @ my sig at the shinies nd see the ones that say x3 or whatever, those are my chained shinies, if u want, try togepi

Last edited by AlphaArceus on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryanh181 wrote:
Can someone tell me what the easiest pokemon to chain are?

lol, as far as i know, it's different for everyone. shinx was pretty easy, got it upt to 30 when i first started (that's pretty good, actually). the only swarm pokemon i would avoid is anything where it's snowing (swinub) or beldum (due to sandstorms). chaining beldum right now, and it's a pain in the @$$ resetting.
ummm.....hmm.... the easiest i've found are:
Absol
Mightyena
Spoink
Shinx
absol and spoink are swarm pokes, tho, so may want to watch out for those.
another thing: if there's multiple sites where a pokemon may show up (shinx, for example) look for the best place to chain. you don't want a little 5x5 square and try to get to 40; it'd be hard as hell (for me, anyways). try to go for, mmm, maybe at least a 7x7 square or larger, i think. but you'll get that later on. good luck!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next