It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next
 Chaining for Shinies(Pokéradar) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I caught a shiny Bidoof to use as a HM slave once I evolve it. Bidoof chains are the only time I want to see Bidoof... every other time, it's just baiting me to punch its stupid face.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

can someone try chaining with a pokemon modifier code on and tell me if they can still find shinies? chaining to 40 would take like 10 mins.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i still fail to see the reason why u chained, bidoof.... in my opinion is should never in a million years be used even if its for an hm slave, btw what could there possibly have been to break your chain :P

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The funny thing being that even if I walk into dodgy patches, the Bidoof chain doesn't break... looks like I beat the Bidoof in their own game lol.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:42 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Shiny Collector Thread has been updated again. Post new findings if you'd like.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:27 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess that does make them usefull for starting chaining...

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wai wrote:
The funny thing being that even if I walk into dodgy patches, the Bidoof chain doesn't break... looks like I beat the Bidoof in their own game lol.

LOL, i had the same ideia once... But i thought,why bother ?
I hate bidoof anyway... :?

Sad to know that there is no pokéradar in HGSS...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ugh, I know. It kills me. I was really looking forward to chaining in Johto.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Reading the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread now makes me laugh at all the people who ignorantly just said that chaining hardly improves your chances of finding shiny pokemon without ever properly testing it <.<

Anyway, shinys:
Scyther
Beldum
Baltoy
Shellos
Geodude
Ralts
Caterpie
Eevee
Diglett

I forget what else.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Man i seen videos on how to chain a shiny pokemon on youtube and they make it look real easy but when i actually tried chaining one it kept breaking and only got up to 3

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kurushel wrote:
Ugh, I know. It kills me. I was really looking forward to chaining in Johto.

Actually... something happened on my japanese HG ... i found a random Shiny Metapod ... :D
That's like 2 days after i posted...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hey everyone I'm finally back after a long long hiatus and I'm getting back into chaining glad to be back on the forums and I recently caught 6 Shiny Voltorb
Just caught 3 shiny Kirlia

Name: Aaron
Platinum FC: 4468 8004 8279
Pm me if you want to trade

Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got everything i needed to actualy chain growleth properly and i can't find my FR,LG,S,E, or R.... :'(

Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Chaining sucks ass. I always seem to follow the instructions but the chain breaks randomly.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

keep at it you'll get it eventually, also make sure your not going against too hard opponants try against starly or something

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Broken chain, Pichu 39...

Broken chain, Growlithe 29...

Broken Gameboy DS...

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have lists of those types of things, but then again i also have lists of shinies... I've used all my max repels at a chain of 40 without a single shiny. i have natu at 39, cubone at 39, bronzor ar 38, phanpy at 40 Without a shiny, growleth at 37 and a whole list of others....

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:43 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Wow, I keep track of all my chains that end with shinies on hand. Some of my Diamond Version shiny chains are as followed;

1. my only chain of Lickitung is 141(at Lake Valor)with only 3 shinies encountered & captured, the last shiny this time was the 123rd encounter.
2. my only chain of Pidgey is 91(on Route 229)with 6 shinies encountered & captured, the last shiny this time was the 91st encounter itself.
this chain broke due to me going to a sparkling patch that was a grass patch on the edge of area of choice.
& 3. not my 3rd best chain but my only chain of Elekid which was 60(on Route 205)with 5 shinies encountered & captured, the last one this time was the 50th encounter.

There were way more, including a sucessful Tauros chain which took days & I mean days. I know how the sparkle looks thanks to Youtube & also personal expericene(but no pictures though, depressing).

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have no where near enough attention span to chain for shinys but I seem to have an extraordinary amount of luck being that almost every time that I have had to tell someone the odds of me finding another one it tends to be the next thing I run into. so far I have a shiny Crobat, Roserade, and Medicham

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

5 shiny corsolas on my first chain, you just have to love it when awsome stuff happens

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yeah...that's true, I now have also caught a shiny {zubat} during a recent Platinum chain...it broke after only the 5th Zubat but the "2nd" one was the shiny one, the "2nd". Directly before that was also my first succesful Platinum chain...& guess what it was, actually I'll just give the answer away... {chansey} . It was the 30th pokemon encounter in the chain & the chain unfortunetely broke at the 34th encounter which turned out to be a {ralts} , the pokemon I was actually trying to chain that night...but no luck there. I really need a shiny ralts so bad & it's the one pokemon giving me the worst problems when it comes to chaining...why, why why? Welp, back to chaining in Platinum then I guess.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Chaining is hard, but I seem to have gotten miraculously better at it overnight. Last night I decided to do a practice chain of Shinx. I eventually hit 40 and was very excited and started looking for shiny patches, I accidently walked into a couple of non shiny patches, but my chain didnt break. at 44 I still didnt have any shiny patches, so decided to call it a night. plugged in my DS, put in sleep mode and went to sleep. This morning I started looking for shinies again. I found 4 shiny patches and caught 3 shiny Shinx( I accidently KO'd 1, Im such a klutz) My chain is still going at 54. Im so lucky. Now Im obsessed with chaining. My next target is whatever is swarming and acted that Buneary, because I recently became obsessed with Lopunny and how awesome it looks, so I want a shiny one( or several)
Edit: Chain broke at 54 when I walked into the last shiny patch it was a shiny Sentret! I named it Hazel, still Im satisfied with the result: 4 shinies

Edit: Since then, I cant seem to get to 40 in a chain again. I just broke a Skitty chain at 22 that I was being very careful with, I also had no success with any of the other 2 swarms I attempted, Absol and Electrike. I really wanted Absol, and Im sad. I'll have to try Skitty again later, and see if I cant get shiny Skitty this time.

Edit: ok I guess I really didnt get good at chaining overnight,a smy highest since the Shinx has been 27 doduo, that was just a fluke I guess. Ive kept trying to chain all week unsuccessfully, with no shiny results im really frustrated, I cant even get a freaking Bidoof chain to 40. im about ready to give up and go back to SRing my shiny starters

Current Shiny Projects: {tepig} {eevee} {foongus}

Last edited by AlphaArceus on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

That edit is Rare game curcumstances, I knew they existed...I chained lickitung & on the very last pokemon in the chain, it was supposed to be shiny but instead was normal & it broke my chain...crazy stuff there, good work on finally encountering the shiny patch & finding another pokemon shiny that you weren't chaining AlphaArceus...& guess what? I actually already own a shiny Lopunny in my Soul Silver & still have other Buneary boxed somewhere which I plan to use for something, just don't know what exacly & if you think chaining is hard in Diamond & Pearl, boy you don't want to even attempt chaining in Platinum, it's actually far harder (mainly for the normal patches but the radar patches are easier to chain though still not "Easy" per say)...

Thu May 27, 2010 4:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gah, i had a chain of 17 {aron} (trying for shinies); i left for a minute, folded down the top; when i returned, the game froze!!! wth. I'm pretty sure i could've gotten to 40 too.... it just so totally pissed me off. has anyone else had an issue with their games freezing during a chain??
on the other hand, i haven't had any more luck with ralts and shinx... but this is the easiest way for me to get shinies, so i'm toughing it out.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:54 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I never had problems with my game freezing unless I did something to accidently cause it to freeze like knock the game out of the system which happened once...I have had my battery die during a Rhydon chain in which I encountered a 2nd Shiny Rhydon & what do you know, I hit them zzz unexpectedly & when I woke up, my game was out for dinner...sucks...

Sun May 30, 2010 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 976 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 40  Next