It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Worth it to buy both? *A few questions* 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello,

First off, is it worth it to buy both Black and White? There are numerous Pokemon on White that I would like to have on my team, but none of my friends (local at least - one friend of mine lives in England and is very busy but she said she could get a few pokes for me). It took a great deal of internaldebating (xD) to decide White or Black but I ended up getting Black because of Reshiram's attack, but Zekrom's defense is nice too. Can legendaries even be used in global battles? Or what's the info/status on that? I *really* do like the opportunities to catch some good varies of Pokemon on White as well, although trading would be pretty difficult (getting it from White to Black).

Also, I've got a couple Pokemon that I'm considering training and having as some of my more permanent/main team members: Victini, Dewott (I've heard the final evolution is amazing), Pansear, Blitzel. I've only gotten to the part with the amusement park, so they aren't very high in level. Only about 20. I have good feelings about the Dewott starter, definitely Victini, but questionable on the others. Any suggestions for a great team?

And, a stupid question... Where does a fishing rod come into view so I can try and get some nice water types?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Don't But both, it takes the fun out of it.

You get the fishing rod after beating the E4.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If I were you, I'd catch a Cottonee (preferably with a Modest nature), trade it in-game for a Petilil, and add Petilil to your team. It's best to wait until at least level 28 before using a Sun Stone to evolve it, but Lilligant is extremely useful in battle - especially with the EXP boost from having been traded.

I also recommend Darumaka and Roggenrola, because both are strong and can be very helpful.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DarkAriados wrote:
If I were you, I'd catch a Cottonee (preferably with a Modest nature), trade it in-game for a Petilil, and add Petilil to your team. It's best to wait until at least level 28 before using a Sun Stone to evolve it, but Lilligant is extremely useful in battle - especially with the EXP boost from having been traded.

Thats what I did =)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
It's worth it if you want to do things like visit both Black City & White Forest, both versions of the city with the 8th Badge's Gym, not able to trade due to lack of Wi-Fi support or if you want both Reshiram & Zekrom & maybe also Landorus without having to trade either Reshiram or Zekrom or Thundurus or Tornadus to obtain Landorus then yeah, it's worth it but otherwise, honestly, not worth it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Truthfully, if you have the money, go ahead and buy it! This is the only way without a friend to complete the Pokedex.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I went ahead and bought both.. I can't sa I've played white though. I finished Black up until a certain point, and I went and dug up my FR and LG. I'm planning on going through the series and transfer everything I catch to B&W :x

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

ImRudyUrNot wrote:
I went ahead and bought both.. I can't sa I've played white though. I finished Black up until a certain point, and I went and dug up my FR and LG. I'm planning on going through the series and transfer everything I catch to B&W :x

Good idea, though I think you also need a 4th Gen game to transfer them to from the 3rd Gen game first, just mentioning this even though I assume you know this already...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I bought both, simply because my mom and I both like playing. And when she beats the game, I end up either transferring her Pokemon to keep em for her and start the game over. Usually did that with the other ones.

Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Noxious Nyx wrote:
I bought both, simply because my mom and I both like playing. And when she beats the game, I end up either transferring her Pokemon to keep em for her and start the game over. Usually did that with the other ones.

That is actually a good reason, I remember my brother wanting to play 1 of the Gen 3 games & I let him & he didn't finish it so I got access to that game cart as well...

Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

As an owner of both I'd heavily recommend it. Allows you to keep certain special Pokemon from one game and makes completing the Pokedex easier. Not to mention that the playthrough experience is different every time.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I bought both so that I can replay one of them without worrying about losing the Pokémon I've obtained, and because I wanted to experience Triple Battles.

I recommend getting both. There's much larger differences between the two than in previous versions.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]