It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:19 pm



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Tiers 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 325
Location: Location: Location:
Okay, so I've been milling around in the Pokemon games for quite a bit and know there are different "tiers" of pokemon.

1. teh s uck (Arbok, Furret, Persian)
2. mediocre (Mostly the non-normal/poison types)
3. superior (Most starters and some too good "breedables" Lapras, Snorlax)
4. legendary (One catch per game w/o trades, Very few "breedables" Milotic, Rhyperior)
5. uber legendary (One catch, Nintendo Event, Kyogre)

So... with all these tiers, what could be an equalizer, if any so that pokemon are not repeatably used? I have tried in every game possible to make a Clefable playable and every attempt is blocked by movesets. for you see, stats can be gotten around if you think hard enough, but possible movesets are engraved into stone.

Thoughts?

_________________
<center><img src="images/trainercards/whitewash.png"></center>
To be a pokemon master you must enslave them all!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Whitewash wrote:
Okay, so I've been milling around in the Pokemon games for quite a bit and know there are different "tiers" of pokemon.

1. teh s uck (Arbok, Furret, Persian)
2. mediocre (Mostly the non-normal/poison types)
3. superior (Most starters and some too good "breedables" Lapras, Snorlax)
4. legendary (One catch per game w/o trades, Very few "breedables" Milotic, Rhyperior)
5. uber legendary (One catch, Nintendo Event, Kyogre)

So... with all these tiers, what could be an equalizer, if any so that pokemon are not repeatably used? I have tried in every game possible to make a Clefable playable and every attempt is blocked by movesets. for you see, stats can be gotten around if you think hard enough, but possible movesets are engraved into stone.

actually...there is a "official" tier system:
NU - never used
UU - underused
BL - between UU and OU
OU - over used (standard team)
Uber - super legendaries + Wobbuffet

When battling, people specify which tier they want to play in...

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:26 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 325
Location: Location: Location:
Post 
Oh really? So they have already figured this out. Wow, yeah, Wobbuffet seems like a beast with Counter and Mirror Coat. Destiny Bond would stink too when you weaken him.

_________________
<center><img src="images/trainercards/whitewash.png"></center>
To be a pokemon master you must enslave them all!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:40 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Post 
Whitewash wrote:
Wow, yeah, Wobbuffet seems like a beast with Counter and Mirror Coat. Destiny Bond would stink too when you weaken him.

Encore + Counter/ Mirror Coat

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:58 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Posts: 60
Post 
If in doubt, just stay away from any legendary or wobbuffet. For example, you're "allowed" to use UU pokemon in an OU environment if you want. So as long as you don't use ubers, you're fine. Some legendaries aren't considered uber though, like the legendary trios (I think), and the Mew counterparts (excluding Mew).

_________________
Name: Callum
FC: 0945-9052-9882


Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Post 
Bobsymalone wrote:
If in doubt, just stay away from any legendary or wobbuffet.

Pokemon considered uber:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lati@s (with Soul Dew I think), Deoxys (all forms), Wobbuffet, Wynaut (lol)

Keep in mind, though, that a Uber team does not have to be made of all ubers; you often see OU on Uber teams (and you'll see BL or maybe UU on OU teams)

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Posts: 60
Post 
Sion9 wrote:
Bobsymalone wrote:
If in doubt, just stay away from any legendary or wobbuffet.

Pokemon considered uber:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lati@s (with Soul Dew I think), Deoxys (all forms), Wobbuffet, Wynaut (lol)

Keep in mind, though, that a Uber team does not have to be made of all ubers; you often see OU on Uber teams (and you'll see BL or maybe UU on OU teams)


Oh cool, thanks. Been wondering which legendaries are considered uber. Shouldn't Dialga and Palkia be on there? Along with Arceus, actually.

_________________
Name: Callum
FC: 0945-9052-9882


Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 5:12 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Realgam Tower
Post 
Bobsymalone wrote:
Sion9 wrote:
Bobsymalone wrote:
If in doubt, just stay away from any legendary or wobbuffet.

Pokemon considered uber:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Lati@s (with Soul Dew I think), Deoxys (all forms), Wobbuffet, Wynaut (lol)

Keep in mind, though, that a Uber team does not have to be made of all ubers; you often see OU on Uber teams (and you'll see BL or maybe UU on OU teams)


Oh cool, thanks. Been wondering which legendaries are considered uber. Shouldn't Dialga and Palkia be on there? Along with Arceus, actually.
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24412/t902199-neoseeker-diamond-pearl-tier-list-2007-round-3/

Here's a good list.


Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:09 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Post 
Bobsymalone wrote:
Oh cool, thanks. Been wondering which legendaries are considered uber. Shouldn't Dialga and Palkia be on there? Along with Arceus, actually.

You're right...I don't know which 4th gen pokemon are considered uber, though

EDIT: Dialga and Palkia are most likely among them

_________________
Need homework help? Image Image

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"


Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!


Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:09 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 693
Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Post 
Sion9 wrote:
Bobsymalone wrote:
Oh cool, thanks. Been wondering which legendaries are considered uber. Shouldn't Dialga and Palkia be on there? Along with Arceus, actually.

You're right...I don't know which 4th gen pokemon are considered uber, though

EDIT: Dialga and Palkia are most likely among them

I know that Arceus is one, but I'm pretty sure Darkrai is up there.
Regigigas would be except for his special ability

_________________
<center>Image

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go


Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 88
Location: Antarctica
Post 
I think Heatran is also counted as uber.

_________________
Name: Takien
FC: 2664-1649-2847
Image


Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:20 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:42 pm
Posts: 60
Post 
Takien wrote:
I think Heatran is also counted as uber.


I wouldn't have thought so. His special attack is only as high as stuff like Porygon-Z and Alakazam. His defenses are good, but far, far, FAR from uber. And most importantly, Heatran is 4x weak to ground moves. Earthquake is very common.

_________________
Name: Callum
FC: 0945-9052-9882


Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:10 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:21 am
Posts: 88
Location: Antarctica
Post 
Ah, good point. I stand corrected.

_________________
Name: Takien
FC: 2664-1649-2847
Image


Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.