It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Strategizing the Sinnoh Region - who/what is your fav??? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is basically an opinion and past experience thread. I'm just wondering which Pokemon are the best in your opinion.
And your favorite gym, town, point in the game, type of person to battle, type of Pokemon, item, etc.basically anything that's interesting to you in the Sinnoh.

My favorite town is Solaceon and I absolutely adore flying, water, and electric types.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:20 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well I'll start off by saying my favorite town is probably Canalave. I love the library there! And my two favorite types are water and elecrtic. I loved Piplup in the Sinnoh region, and its evolutions are really powerful in my opinion.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:12 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Bronzong, Magnezone, and Regigigas (in ascending order).

Favorite locations in Sinnoh? Hahaha, you're a funny guy.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I loved the snow trail, it's long and confusing if you don't know where to go. It's not like all the roads where it's evident you need to go straight, and I'd like more of these in future games.
Rapidash is doing a massacre in this game. Steel, ice and grass gyms just stand no chance against this beast, and my friend agree. :)

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For me, Sunyshore city is my favourite place. Garchomp is my MOST fav, its Draco Meteor is practically unstoppable.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

sesha wrote:
Garchomp is my MOST fav, its Draco Meteor is practically unstoppable.

Draco Meteor is only obtainable in the B/W move tutor, so it won't just happen if you only have a Gen 4 game.

Favorite location? Hmm. I guess I would have to go ahead and say Eterna Forest. Favorite fight is always the rival battle, I feel like his sprite is the best in all of the games imo.

Favorite types are Water and Steel types. Oddly enough I rarely take Piplup as a starter. I would say that is more based on the fact that the only fire type in D/P you can get early on is Ponyta which is kind of ridiculous. I am a personal fan of Gyarados and probably always will be.

I have always been big on starting a game with all 3 starters regardless of what gen it is. I have been like that since Yellow. But now I am going to do a game where I don't use my starter and I also do a "nuzlocke" run. I really like Gen 4 and want to challenge myself a bit more than just running through it. I beat the E4 with level 40-45's which is ridiculous.

{venusaur} {arcanine} {starmie} {rhydon} {dragonite} {alakazam}

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Twitch wrote:
sesha wrote:
Garchomp is my MOST fav, its Draco Meteor is practically unstoppable.

Draco Meteor is only obtainable in the B/W move tutor, so it won't just happen if you only have a Gen 4 game.

Ah... Draco Meteor was introduced as a tutor move in Gen IV. In D/P, the tutor can be found on Route 210.

Honestly, I liked the detail that went into the scaling of Mt. Coronet, and how they carried this over to Mt. Silver in HG/SS. It was a big improvement over climbing stairs over short ledges to get up a mountain.

I will say that Sinnoh was the beginning of the end, in terms of overloading a region with pokemon, and each new game has only become worse in that respect. It's not necessarily a bad thing, and it's not really avoidable at this point, but I still remember the division between Hoenn and Kanto at the peak of my childhood interest.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I agree with what I said above. But I also have to agree with Kiga too.

I remember when I first played Diamond. I quickly came back to playing my Emerald and Firered. It felt different, in a bad way... I thought they could have done better than this really. The GBA games, for exemple, were the top. The graphics were well enough, the storyline and content was great for the GBA. But you know, with the release of a new console, they said "lets get better graphics!", completly leaving the gameplay and storyline aside. The storyline could have been much longer, more areas, sidequests, rare items, etc. There was no purpose to play this game sincerely. Also, the Pokemon and moves became too overpowered. A battle that would last 15 minutes in Firered would only last 5 minutes in this new one, and the game is too easy.

Pokemon is now too linear, I mean very too linear. They have the potential for tons of unique items difficult to obtain, horribly difficult ingame battles, hidden areas, special events that we need to discover. But you know, $$$.

The same thing happened with mystery dungeon. The first one, it had a wonderful hidden lesson in it. The second one had epic characters. Gates to Infinity, well... violence and good graphics. **** gameplay, horrible characters, and you need to pay for more dungeons. wat. They even removed the hunger! It's not fun anymore.

I'll be sticking to old games, Nintendo is trying to milk pokemon as much as it can.

Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know if this will really surprise anyone, but I just love Hearthome. Contests, making poffins, lots of NPCs to talk to if I feel like goofing off... favorite gym...
Plus, the route between it and that cave. I caught my first ever shiny there and... it was a Ralts.
Actually, catching Ralts there automatically makes it a favorite place, regardless of first shiny or not.
<3 that patch of grass has given me a great deal of cute friends. Though, the Bidoof and Bibarrel are detestable.

Sinnoh in general is my favorite region. That is the place where just about every one of the Pokemon in my fanfiction come from.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My favorite sinnoh pokemon is probably Lucario. It takes a special kind of fighting type to not to be weak to psychic OR flying types. Dem drain punches though

Also, my favorite spot is that canalave library. That one story about the guy with the sword who killed all the pokemon fed my theory that people may be stronger than pokemon.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]