It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 lightball 
Author Message
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 13
Location: greenfield Indiana
how do i get this light ball or light bulb or what ever it is that gets me a special attack with pichu?


Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:33 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:58 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Earth
Post 
Pikachu is the only one in the -chu family that can make use of the light ball. You can find light balls on wild Pikachu, but it's a very, very slim chance that you'll find one. But even with a light ball, it's not very strong. I recommend getting a whole new electric type rather than light balling a Pikachu.

Or maybe just evolve the thing. I think, BUT AM NOT SURE, that Raichu's special attack is better on it's own than Pikachu's is when it has a light ball. Maybe someone can help me out on that one.

_________________
Image


Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:50 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 pm
Posts: 95
Location: The Orre Region
Post 
i think he wants to know about the breeding with it, breeding a pikachu holding a light ball makes pichu know volt tackle, 120 power, 100 acc, 15 pp, electric attack, you get back 1/3 the recoil, it's like flare blitz but without a status effect, so its not the best, you'd be better off with thunderbolt IMO

_________________
Currently not available for battles, team in training.


Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 974
Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Post 
Selsix wrote:
i think he wants to know about the breeding with it, breeding a pikachu holding a light ball makes pichu know volt tackle, 120 power, 100 acc, 15 pp, electric attack, you get back 1/3 the recoil, it's like flare blitz but without a status effect, so its not the best, you'd be better off with thunderbolt IMO
Yes but keep in mind it can paraliz the foe.

_________________
Image
Reaching out to Pokemon and MegaMan fans alike, join today!
One of the few Pokemon musics most people agree is excellent


Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:17 pm
Posts: 95
Location: The Orre Region
Post 
Blazikendude wrote:
Selsix wrote:
i think he wants to know about the breeding with it, breeding a pikachu holding a light ball makes pichu know volt tackle, 120 power, 100 acc, 15 pp, electric attack, you get back 1/3 the recoil, it's like flare blitz but without a status effect, so its not the best, you'd be better off with thunderbolt IMO
Yes but keep in mind it can paraliz the foe.


really? from what i saw it can't :shock:

_________________
Currently not available for battles, team in training.


Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:30 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 212
Post 
Thunderbolt can paralyze the foe too.

_________________
Image
Serious? Buisness? Internet?


Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 13
Location: greenfield Indiana
Post 
thanks where can i find the pikachu's and on witch version are they on?


Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:40 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 3:43 am
Posts: 396
Location: UK
Post 
Look in the trophy garden (on the route south of hearthome) you can encounter pichus or pikachus though they are quite rare :mad:

_________________
Yes, I used to have a shop; no, I'm not still doing it. (Unless you can give me a good reason...)


Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:48 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 974
Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Post 
Selsix wrote:
Blazikendude wrote:
Selsix wrote:
i think he wants to know about the breeding with it, breeding a pikachu holding a light ball makes pichu know volt tackle, 120 power, 100 acc, 15 pp, electric attack, you get back 1/3 the recoil, it's like flare blitz but without a status effect, so its not the best, you'd be better off with thunderbolt IMO
Yes but keep in mind it can paraliz the foe.


really? from what i saw it can't :shock:
My mistake! I just looked again and it can't! :shock: opps!
Joey90 wrote:
Look in the trophy garden (on the route south of hearthome) you can encounter pichus or pikachus though they are quite rare :mad:
Actually, their quite common, VERY COMMON.

_________________
Image
Reaching out to Pokemon and MegaMan fans alike, join today!
One of the few Pokemon musics most people agree is excellent


Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 1:17 am
Posts: 563
Post 
If you're doing volt tackle I can see this being ok, but use the MAGNET if you just want an Elec. power booster.


Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 13
Location: greenfield Indiana
Post 
thanks :D


Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 13
Location: greenfield Indiana
Post 
wow first pikashu i found had a light ball on it


Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:33 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Posts: 417
Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
Post 
just to let you know, you're not supposed to double post. use the EDIT command in the corner.

_________________
INVISIBLE TEXT!! Can you see the invisible text!?! I think not!!
Unless you can... that'd suck!! For me..!!


8 D


Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:49 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:27 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Pallet Town
Post 
when i was trying to get volt tackle in emerald i ended up having to catch 40 sum pikachu's, took a long time lol

_________________
Image
My Trainer ID: 14854


Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Sinnoh
Post 
I cought over 23 pikachus and no light ball which region is the best to find a lightball Hoenn or Sinnoh?

Image


Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:12 am
Posts: 510
Location: Where you MOST expect it.
Post 
Pikachu´s base Sp. Attack is 55 + 100 from Light Ball = an AMAZING TAWTAL OF 155 Sp. Attack! which is 1% more powerful than that of Mewtwo, so this Light Pikachu is definately NAWT a bad choice. You just make it fast and there you go.

_________________
AABM's

Image

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.


· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?


Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:46 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:06 pm
Posts: 3
Post 
Pikcuine wrote:
I cought over 23 pikachus and no light ball which region is the best to find a lightball Hoenn or Sinnoh?

Image



i dont think you can catch a pikachu with a light ball in sinnoh...


Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:08 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Sinnoh-Growing Berries
Post 
Acebreak7 wrote:
Pikcuine wrote:
I cought over 23 pikachus and no light ball which region is the best to find a lightball Hoenn or Sinnoh?

Image



i dont think you can catch a pikachu with a light ball in sinnoh...
If I recall..I think that's the ONLY place you can catch them. Perhaps you meant to say hoenn?

_________________
Image
I am trading My PKRS Latias for a rayquaza, and my untouched Mesprit Or a Masterball for an untouched Sapphire Kyogre.


Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 3:07 pm
Posts: 40
Post 
I taught my murkrow thief and the first pikachu it stole from had light ball, same with a chancey and lucky egg, some how i dont think im that lucky, i think someone else who doesnt have light ball or lucky egg use thief on a pikachu and chancey and see if you get the same results i got

_________________
Roar


Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Posts: 362
Location: In the Abyss
Post 
You can get Light Ball in Hoenn by catching Pikachu at the Safari Zone.


Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:54 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 10
Post 
there is a 5% chance of pikachu holding a light ball, put a pokemon with compound eyes or static in the lead of your party and you have a higher chance of finding a pikachu with a light ball
and you don't have to catch them, just use thief

_________________
ImageImage


Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:17 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:08 pm
Posts: 417
Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
Post 
Does thief still work if you're fighting a friend, and you keep the item stolen?

_________________
INVISIBLE TEXT!! Can you see the invisible text!?! I think not!!
Unless you can... that'd suck!! For me..!!


8 D


Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 pm
Posts: 86
Post 
In RSE it would work with secret bases and reset.


Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:15 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:44 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Sinnoh
Post 
Well i did find a light ball in sinnoh but it took me very long.

_________________
Image


Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:19 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 am
Posts: 16
Post 
I was lucky because the first picachu I caught had a lightball.

_________________
ImageImageImage and my fc is 0000 9837 3502


Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:03 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.