It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Did I SERIOUSLY Give Away My XP Share?! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I wouldnt have thought this was possible, but its been a good day or so since I've been able to find my XP share. I did release a Pokemon that I totally did not need into the wild the other day.

I'd think the game wouldve warned me or not allowed me to give away an item like that, or maybe to release a Poke into the wild while holding such an item...? Could I be wrong? Could I be the biggest idiot in the world? Dont answer that. :roll:

As far as you know, is there any way to obtain a replacement XP Share in Pearl? I'm near the end of the game but daaaaayum! I mean...its my XP Share! Come on. lol

The only other place besides the PC that I would think of that it could possibly be would be the nursery, and I have nothing there, nor have I for over a week. I went into the PC and did the "move items" thing. Did it a couple of times just to check myself. :oops:

I am so mad at me, too because it reallly took me awhile to get the hang of this whole thing. I had just gotten the 6th gym badge and am at about 130 in me Pokedex so I'm guessing that when I hit 150 something cool happens. (Its my first Pokemon game, I dunno)

If anybody knows - or if there is a way to just get a replacement... yikes! Let me know? Thanks!

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Find someone who has a copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum and they don't care if they lose their EXP Share or if their file is deleted. If it's the former, just trade and make sure the Pokémon you receive is holding the EXP Share. If it's the latter, just play their game until you get the EXP share, then make the trade, then profile start that file over because without EXP Share it could get frustrating.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

OH hey!!! Thanks, great idea.

Guess what? Tell me if this will make me the worst mother of all times or if its totally justifiable. (I think I'm going to email a copy of this thread to my offending son, btw. For shiggles.)

I believe I mentioned in the OP that this is my first-ever Pokemon game. But to be more specific, its kind of my second. I was playing a couple of months ago & I caught a shiny. If Bidoof counts LOL. Well, my 14 year old son, in a player-hater-induced jealousy, decided that he was going to try to get his hands on my shiny. Maybe he thought there was a way he could just get it and give it back, and it didnt work out... I dont know.

But things most certainly did NOT work out, my game became totally screwed up & I ended up losing the entire file. I eventually decided to suck it up & start over because I had become kind of obsessed with "catching em all". So I started over, and it worked out kind of well, I've gotten way further than the point where I had been in less than half of that amount of time.

I'll probably never, EVER see another shiny again as long as I live, much less catch one but hey...

So anyway, I'm thinking isnt this a golden opportunity for revenge?? All I have to do is
a. wait til the kid gets back from his dad's house in a week
b. wait til he's asleep
c. not let him see this post with my plot LOL
d. get his DS & grab whichever of his Pokemon has the XP share, transfer it to my game and VOILA!! (I may even be able to do it without stealing a Pokemon, but why bother? Actually... I'm not so sure about that.)

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

YaelleG wrote:
OH hey!!! Thanks, great idea.

Guess what? Tell me if this will make me the worst mother of all times or if its totally justifiable. (I think I'm going to email a copy of this thread to my offending son, btw. For shiggles.)

I believe I mentioned in the OP that this is my first-ever Pokemon game. But to be more specific, its kind of my second. I was playing a couple of months ago & I caught a shiny. If Bidoof counts LOL. Well, my 14 year old son, in a player-hater-induced jealousy, decided that he was going to try to get his hands on my shiny. Maybe he thought there was a way he could just get it and give it back, and it didnt work out... I dont know.

But things most certainly did NOT work out, my game became totally screwed up & I ended up losing the entire file. I eventually decided to suck it up & start over because I had become kind of obsessed with "catching em all". So I started over, and it worked out kind of well, I've gotten way further than the point where I had been in less than half of that amount of time.

I'll probably never, EVER see another shiny again as long as I live, much less catch one but hey...

So anyway, I'm thinking isnt this a golden opportunity for revenge?? All I have to do is
a. wait til the kid gets back from his dad's house in a week
b. wait til he's asleep
c. not let him see this post with my plot LOL
d. get his DS & grab whichever of his Pokemon has the XP share, transfer it to my game and VOILA!! (I may even be able to do it without stealing a Pokemon, but why bother? Actually... I'm not so sure about that.)

LOL ... KARMA ... at its finest!

WHT2 FC: 3010 9810 2280 Elvira
Pokemon X and Y: 1263-6806-3915 Elle

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:51 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Just steal a Lucky Egg from Chansey (or trade with someone who has one) and your problems will be over. EXP Share is passe.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]