It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pokerus not Spreading 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In Pokemon Ruby, I caught the Pokerus, spread it to nearly all of my pokemon, and stored most of them in Lanette's PC to ensure that I'd have a constant supply of the virus for new pokemon.
Recently, I obtained a copy of Leaf Green and traded an infected Corsola over to start spreading Pokerus through Kanto. However, no matter how many pokemon I battle with Corsola in my lineup, the Pokerus refuses to spread to the other pokemon in my party.
Why?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The Psypoke Pokerus page doesn't say anything specifically, but I believe it has to do with the fact that FR and LG lack an in-game clock. Therefore, since there is no passage of time, the Pokerus does not spread. Can anyone else confirm/deny that?

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmmm, according to other forums (can't say "Serebii"?) psychic pokemon connection, Pokerus only spreads in RSE (at least in gen III). Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed because that was the most convenient virus ever, but these things happen I guess. Still, it might be worth adding to the pokerus section on psypoke.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

JsXtm wrote:
The Psypoke Pokerus page doesn't say anything specifically, but I believe it has to do with the fact that FR and LG lack an in-game clock. Therefore, since there is no passage of time, the Pokerus does not spread. Can anyone else confirm/deny that?

Yes, pokemon can neither contract nor be cured of Pokerus in FRLG. If you want to infect pokemon, do so on RSE.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]