It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Type Adjustments? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I also think dark should be physical, and ghost special. Imagine this...

Absol used Shadow Ball!
Ghastly laughs because his Shadow Ball is a physical attack and will go through him!
Absol laughs as he K.O.'s Ghastly with his 'physical' attack!
Ghastly bursts into tears. T.T

It's wierd enough as it is, odd eh?

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Actually I red in a guide that they are going to combine certain types together, like Rock and Steel will become Mineral types or something like that

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i don't really care what they do to types of pokemon (except they should add more ghost and electric type pokemon) but i think that it would be cool if they had multi typemoves, like make firepunch a fire/fighting move

Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dual-Type Moves isn't that bad of an idea: the only flaw is that it might get hard to classify if they're "Special" or not.

~ Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam)

Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think that they need to give normal pokemon some more special defense or just defense aganist Fighting pokemon!

Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

[quote="Water Pokemon Master"]I also think dark should be physical, and ghost special. Imagine this...

Absol used Shadow Ball!
Ghastly laughs because his Shadow Ball is a physical attack and will go through him!
Absol laughs as he K.O.'s Ghastly with his 'physical' attack!
Ghastly bursts into tears. T.T
quote]
Water Pokemon Master, I don't think Shadow Ball is a physical move... :roll: but I could be wrong...

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

if they did duel type moves then if a pokemon is weak to one type but strong to another, then it would just be a reagular hit

Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think that they need to give normal pokemon some more special defense or just defense aganist Fighting pokemon!

You're on! Haven't seen you in awhile.

On-Topic: Same here. Normal Pokemon don't have really good moves. However they have a few, Return and whatnot. They need a wider range.

And dual-type moves? As stated, they could cause a lot of problems.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Water Pokemon Master, I don't think Shadow Ball is a physical move... but I could be wrong...

For the past every page in this thread, we've been arguing whether GHOST should be changed from PHYSICAL to SPECIAL.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Quote:
Water Pokemon Master, I don't think Shadow Ball is a physical move... but I could be wrong...

For the past every page in this thread, we've been arguing whether GHOST should be changed from PHYSICAL to SPECIAL.

Special, no doubt.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I: Dragon should be super effective against something else than dragon
II:Rock should not be weak against steel (Their almost the same thing)
III:Psychic should effect Dark pokemon SO they can just use Psychic as the "Light" type.
IV:Ice should deal normal damage to Fire
V:Steel should be weak against Electric pkmn
VI:??? should get a name other than ???
VII:Poison should be super effective against Steel (Acid Melts Steel)
VIII:Fight shouldn't be good against Dark
IX:Bugs should NOT be super effective against Psychic and Dark
X: Normal should be super effective against something.

And a question:

What was the logic behind Rock being super effective against Flying?
Is it that you chuck a rock at a bird it dies? Is this baecause of the saying "Kill two birds with one stone"? lol that's kinda stupid.

Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i agree, steel badly needs another weakness, but its fine as it is i guess!
GO METALLICA

Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

steel does need another weakness, but since only acid would work on steel and not actual poison, I don't think poison is a good idea

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

If you think about it, fighting SHOULD be weak against everything, because fighting is just hitting, which any human can do (maybe not in such a huge measure, but believe me, anyone can hit someone). So frankly, no matter what type it is, as a human, it would kill you (you wouln't want to be shot with a flamethrower now would you?). Having muscles doesn't mean that you'll be able to withstand getting burned to death, or drowned to death or whatever. Of course, this logic is really theoretic, but you get my point (I hope)

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, but any trained martial artist can take on someone twice their size and beat them easily. I once saw a very old man knock someone over using one finger.

Besides, martial artists can SHATTER rock and ice with justs their fists. Seems like they should have an advantage over them, doesn't it?

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:45 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

no arguments, except that although one type can be strong against a type, it doesn't mean it can't be weak against it as well *dragon* Of course, if fighting were weak against everything, that would kinda defeat the purpose of having it. Maybe they should make a type that is both weak and strong against everything

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

just cause fighting pokemon dont have any thing than muscles doesnt mean that they dont have defense
they also have good reflexes and endurance, plus have you ever tried to hit a gut in the gut with a gazillion muscles or how ever you meseure them

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

i say, steel should become invincible!!! lol not really. i think that dark should not be weak against fighting because if you think about it at all, why in the world is fighting super effective against dark?????

Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

[quote="flaming_fox"]just cause fighting pokemon dont have any thing than muscles doesnt mean that they dont have defense
they also have good reflexes and endurance, plus have you ever tried to hit a gut in the gut with a gazillion muscles or how ever you meseure them[/quote]

Alright, but it doesn't make a difference as to how well they can defend themselves, because ultimitly, they will still get toasted by a flamethrower. Maybe fighting could have upped evasiveness or something

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OKay my thoughts:

I: Dragon should be super effective against something else than dragon
II:Rock should not be weak against steel (Their almost the same thing)
III:Psychic should effect Dark pokemon SO they can just use Psychic as the "Light" type.
IV:Ice should deal normal damage to Fire
V:Steel should be weak against Electric pkmn
VI:??? should get a name other than ???
VII:Poison should be super effective against Steel (Acid Melts Steel)
VIII:Fight shouldn't be good against Dark
IX:Bugs should NOT be super effective against Psychic and Dark
X: Normal should be super effective against something.

And a question:

What was the logic behind Rock being super effective against Flying?
Is it that you chuck a rock at a bird it dies? Is this baecause of the saying "Kill two birds with one stone"? lol that's kinda stupid.

K, I'll try to explain my logic for this.

I. Dragons are the most type resistant in the game, I think. They give up being efective against others for being resistant to others.
II. Steel would be like purifying the minerals in the rock and making it stronger. That's maybe why some rock types evolve into steel types.
III. What do you mean by "Light" type? And besides dark, what is psychic weak against? Bugs aren't something everyone collects. :lol:
IV. The logic is that the ice would melt before it got there. True, it would become water, but it would never reach the fire pokemon.
V. I do have to agree with you on that one.
VI. What would you call it? It changes based on whether or not the user is a ghost.
VII. I don't think it should be strong against steel, but maybe something else. It does have a lack of types weak against it.
VIII. Why? I'm not sure what Dark would coincide with in the real world, but it makes a nice circle: dark-fighting-psychic.
IX. Bugs need something to be strong against. Many plants are half poison, so that nullifies their weakness to bugs.
X. The thing about normal is that it is effective against all but three types. It doesn't have many strengths or weaknesses. Maybe one type...
PS. It's the logic of: If you drop something heavy and hard on something light and up in the air, you will cause the flying thing to drop hard and fast towards the ground and give it no chance to help itself. Plus, in pokemon, the birds aren't that high off the ground.

P.S. These are all my own opinions. Do not take them for facts.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If you think about it, fighting SHOULD be weak against everything, because fighting is just hitting, which any human can do (maybe not in such a huge measure, but believe me, anyone can hit someone). So frankly, no matter what type it is, as a human, it would kill you (you wouln't want to be shot with a flamethrower now would you?). Having muscles doesn't mean that you'll be able to withstand getting burned to death, or drowned to death or whatever. Of course, this logic is really theoretic, but you get my point (I hope)

everything?!
do you think that fighting should be weak against ground and steel
but i think fighting should done nothing to flying couse how can a punch or kick hit a bird unless the fighting pokemon can fly too
-------------------------
another think i think there can be a new type nuclear
it can be super effective againts water,grass,normal,fighting,bug,dragon
and it can do 0,5 to steel,rock,ground,fire
i couldn't decide which types shuld do x2 or x0,5 againts nuclear
what do you think?

Tue May 24, 2005 7:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Don't like it. I'm not sure why, but I don't think that it would work very well. Nuclear power is effective against almost anything in the real world, so what would be strong against it?

Tue May 24, 2005 9:57 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I never really understood why poison was weak to psychic and ground....Because most venom attacks the brain first, thus making the 'smart-ass psychic guys' twitch and flail on the ground. I can sort of see ground, as you can smother sludge with like, mud and crap.

Sat May 28, 2005 4:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I never really understood why poison was weak to psychic and ground....Because most venom attacks the brain first, thus making the 'smart-ass psychic guys' twitch and flail on the ground. I can sort of see ground, as you can smother sludge with like, mud and crap.
Well, I don't understand Psychic but some poisons can be negated with clay and mud and stuff, I saw this in a science class they negated snake venom with some mud mixed with herbs, I think it was mostly the herbs that did it, but it worked.

Sun May 29, 2005 12:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

some of the type weaknesses don't make sense because their not supposed to be logical

why would fighting be super-effective against dark types? Because fighting would only have two strengths and dark would have only one weakness (bug).

why is poison weak against psychic types? cos it would be too powerful if it was'nt.

why are bug types super-effective against psychic and dark? cos if it was'nt then bug would have no strengths and would be the weakest, most usless type of all.

I could go on explaining all the reasons the types lay out the way they do, but regardless of whether the weakness or strength makes sense or not, they are like that to make each type balanced, otherwise people would only use the "uber types" and the others would be irrelivant.

Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next