It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Breeding gone wrong... 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm glad I can warn you guys so that you don't end making the same mistake I did today. Here's what happened:

I was breeding 2 pokemon to obtain a certain shiny pokemon on my FireRed, when I got curious. I thought to myself, "What if more than one egg had the same number of steps at the same time? Would they hatch simultaneously or something?". So I got 5 eggs and made sure they all had the same number of steps and did the next lazy thing I could to obtain the steps: Bike down cycling road. After my 3rd time down the slope, I was getting a little worried...so I checked the summary, only to find the same : "What is in this egg speech..." I was starting to panic at this point so I put all but one egg in my pc and biked around to see if the description had changed. It hadn't. (The thing is that I had already saved the game prior to this...) I thought "Maybe the parents are just tired of each other or maybe I've produced too many of that certain pokemon." So I changed the parents to a Scyther and a Ditto, got an egg, but the message still wouldn't change.

I didn't get the shiny I wanted and all I ended up doing was ruin further breeding opportunities. I will try and to see if I can fix this tomorrow. In case I can't, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. T_T

Swear words are not your friend, even with the censor. Don't use 'em. -papersun

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Doesn't the first text change take the longest? Wouldn't it take like 3201 steps to change the message on a scyther egg? I don't think that road is 1000 steps, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea how you intended to breed a shiny pokemon since it's totally random in fire red, even if both parents were shiny.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No, I didn't use Cycling road this time - I just biked around Island 4 for a long time. (I was in panic)

And no, both parents were not shiny, I was just hoping to randomly get a shiny through breeding. Yes I know the chances and yea I know what you're thinking, but I was desperate.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not sure if that works in the fire red version, but a magcargo supposedly speeds hatching. Magma armor and all that.

I assume the issue hasn't resolved itself?

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I didn't know that about Magcargo - is that really true? I thought his Ability only stopped freezing...

I will try and breed a magikarp to see if the breeding in my game is still working but I doubt it...:(

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So long as the eggs are produced there shouldn't be an issue.

The magma armor thing was an extra effect like how other effects would increase or decrease encounters in Emerald, so I don't know if it'll work in fire red.

I just bike left and right. Right in front of the day care so I can drop off the hatched and pick up the next egg.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Keep on trying to hatch the eggs, certain pokes take longer to hatch than others.

The Magcargo/Magmar thing (I use a Magmar) works only in Emerald, P/D and that's it. Doesn't work in FRlG. Sozzles.

Kepp going, I'm intruiged to see how they will hatch together....:)

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sorry if I alarmed anyone, but I was kind of nervous yesterday. The eggs did eventually hatch. Anyways, I tried the experiment once more, this time with only 2 pokemon. They didn't hatch at the same time - I guess one hatches a bit after the other one. Oh well, I'm gonna go back to breeding to get that shiny I want. (This is taking me a long time but I figure if this is the only pokemon I see, then I will eventually get a shiny)

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:55 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]