It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 My fanfiction page 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello again. The Psypoke formerly known as "Foxman" here! As many of the older members here will remember, I used to have my fanfictions, "Journey to Destiny" and "The Crimson Gym Chronicles" posted at the old ezboard Psypoke forums, where I was, at one point, the moderator of the fanfiction forum. (In fact, it was Tom and glacierspyke who each invited me to post my fics at the second ezboard, as I was posting them originally at the really old, inactive ezboard). Eventually, I created my own ezboard, and posted the fics there. Former Psypoke glacierspyke often collaborated with me on the story, and even had a recurring guest role as Martin, the son of Mahogany gym leader, Pryce. Anyway, I conceived JTD in June 2001, in response to the anime's lack of Vulpix appearances, or only using Vulpix as an extra Pokemon to lose battles (as if you couldn't guess, Vulpix is my favorite Pokemon). So my idea was a story, similar to the anime, except the main character has a Vulpix instead of a Pikachu. I had intended a 100 chapter story, but ended up writing only 90 chapters, and still told the story I wanted to tell. I finished it in December 2002. This was supplemented with short stories called "The Crimson Gym Chronicles", which took place after JTD. I only wrote 5, 3 of which were collaborations with glacierspyke. Well, now, 5 years after the fact, I have the entire 90 chapters of JTD posted at Fanfiction.net, as well as all 5 CGCs. They are dated, of course, because the games were only as far as gold/silver/crystal, and the anime was in the Johto Journeys, but I still feel it was a well-written story, and I'm proud of how it turned out. Anyway, the stories can be read at my Fanfiction.net page http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1407150/

Edit: 9/20/08 - Earlier this year, I also created a website for Journey to Destiny, complete with character profiles, and direct links to the stories and artwork. Anyone who was there when I originally wrote it knows that I made mini-posters to sort of "adveritise" it. These are included in the artwork. And due to the seeming renewed interest in JTD, this past February, I was inspired to finally come up with Pokemon armor concepts for the "Machines of the Gods" segment of the story. All of this artwork is linked to the site, as well! Anyway, the url is www.freewebs.com/journeytodestiny

Incidentally, Journey to Destiny has received over 7,800 hits since I posted it at ff.net last October!

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]