It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Super Smash Bros. BATTLE ROYAL 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm planning on making a Super Smash Bros. game for the computer.

There may be a total of 19 characters, but this is subject to change.

VETERANS
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Mario
Kirby
Ness
Fox
Link
Zelda
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Samus

NEWCOMERS

TOAD; Not the most powerful character by any means, but Toad can outrun most of his competition, topped only by Sonic. His attacks consist mainly of jumping attacks and quick close range attacks. He also has the ability to pull out turnips and toss them at people, much like Peach in Melee. However, he is very light weight, and can be knocked off the course easily. That is, if you can catch him.

METAKNIGHT; Specializing in high damage aerial attacks, Metaknight is not someone you want coming after you when you're airborne. His sword can deliver multiple quick blows to stack up the damage. What he lacks in speed he makes up for with his long range sword attacks. However, he has no other long range attacks, and is relatively light weight.

KING DEDEDE; The powerhouse of the group. King Dedede packs a punch, and can send you flying with just a few attacks. Dedede doesn't flinch much when hit, and can jump high for his weight. After all, he is a bird. His body bounce attack helps him bounce around the stage, dealing heavy damage along the way. However, Dedede is VERY slow.

WOLF; Fox's long time nemesis, Wolf uses his weapons to do the fighting rather than his fists. From grenades and rocket launchers to mines and blasters, Wolf is a master of long range attacks. He is fast and has many of the same moves as Fox, like the Reflector and Fire Fox move. Wolf has very little in the department of close range attacks. His kicks and punches are pale in comparison to his weaponry.

DOOPLISS; Finally, a character from the Paper Mario takes the smash stage, and is sure to make a scene. Doopliss floats when he walks, and is very easy to control. Doopliss on his own isn't the best fighter, and has minimal original attacks. Doopliss, if you played Paper Mario TTYD, you will know he has the ability to take the form of his competition, and can use their attacks for a short while. After a while, he transforms back to his original form, and must use his copy move again. Without taking the form of someone else, Doopliss's attacks consist of swooping down from above onto his enemies and close range punches.

SONIC; The fastest of them all. Sonic is hard to control movement-wise, but can jump high and deal high damage. His homing attack homes on to ememies and is a threat to all he encounter it. His quick punches and kicks and stack up the damage in a hurry, but he is a lightweight.

ZERO; Capcom makes an appearance in the smash world in the form of Zero. Quick, powerful, middle class weight, and a high jumper, Zero is the best of all worlds, and a force to be reckoned with. Quite possibly the best character in the game, if you know how to control him. Zero's 'Replay' ability makes an illusion of himself which follows him into battle, dealing double damage in some cases. Zero is not someone you want after you.

SHEIK; Not necessarily new, but Sheik is his own man (or girl) this time around. Sheik can be chosen directly rather than choosing Zelda and transforming.

More characters are needed, and I am open to suggestions.

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Last edited by Eon on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Area 23 of Section 2, If you come by an Albino, youve gone to far.
Cool, You missed Samus though, and that Bird Guy from Starfox (i forget his name) Having Midina Or Zant from Twilight Princess would be pretty interesting, since Ganondorf isnt on the games anymore*pouts*.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I may change some people. Take some out, add some in later, but we'll see. What do you think?

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Most of those sprites look verrrrrrry similar... super smash flash maybe?
I like the idea... doopliss... lol
Maybe more new characters... ridley would be awesome

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.

Unless this is a priviate game you might have some legal issues :? .

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:26 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

About the characters - Where's pichu? And, if you have sonic, you have to have Tails (ability to fly), and Knuckles (he usually has the ability to climb walls).

If you can get this to work, I will <3 you forever. I would like a legal SSBros. Game for the computer.

Copyrights will be an issue, so this could be deemed illegal if it's anything close to what the Wii offers, I forewarn. But a few questions:
1.) Will there be Internet play?
2.) Can you release Betas? So we can test them?
3.) Will there be normal levels and unlocking like in the main games?

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:14 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Peanut-lover, I highly doubt this is going to be anymore than a fan made hack, unless Eon has AWESOME hacking skills and a lot of time on his hands. Nintendo has better things to do than hunt down a kid who made a harmless little computer game using their characters.

Anyway, you're missing Peach. SOMEONE needs to beat the hell out of Zelda. :3

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:57 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I suggest Bomberman, Mujoe (Bomberman Gamecube games nemesis) and Geno (Mario RPG)

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lyn from Fire Emblem, not a full character, but one all the same
Wario: From Mario, they had bowser before, why not a different evil mario character
Megaman: you have Zero but no Megaman, I like zero but you have to be realistic

Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]