It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Breeding help 
Author Message
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 6
How do i get a fmale charmander if i have a male charmander. What do i need to breed to get a female charmander so that I can get some egg moves.


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:17 pm
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
Breed your male charmander with a Ditto until you get a female charmander.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 6
Post 
ok, thats what i though, its just taken like 8 trys, i was gettting irritated.


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:20 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
Its taking so long, because the rate of getting a male is like 85%. Keep trying, and you'll get one eventually. ;)

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Madison, WI
Post 
Charmander has an 87.5% chance of being male, and thus a 12.5% chance of being female. So, 7 out of 8 times you should get a male, and 1 out of 8 times you should get a female, so it may take quite a few tries to get the gender you want. Most pokemon have 50/50 rates, but all the starters are 7/8 male.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 6
Post 
now should i just let the ones i dont want go? cuz i seriously have almost a whole box filled with those buggers

Oh and if i wanted to breed my horsea that has dragonb dance, with my charmander so that charm will get dragon dance, does charm have to be female and the horsea male? thanks


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:27 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 3835
Location: Singapore
Post 
Hey, those are your Pokemon so you can decide on your own :wink:

But seriously, there's no harm in releasing them if you don't intend to make use of them. However, take note that Pokemon like Charmander are rather popular. If possible, trade them over to friends who might want them, instead of releasing them all.

_________________
ImageImage


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:56 pm
Posts: 296
Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
Post 
downymcsyndrum wrote:
Oh and if i wanted to breed my horsea that has dragonb dance, with my charmander so that charm will get dragon dance, does charm have to be female and the horsea male? thanks


I don't get what you mean with grammar mistakes, but if you want a Horsea offspring with Dragon Dance, Charmander must be a male and must know it. If you want a Charmander offspring with Dragon Dance, Horsea must be a male and must know it.

_________________
Quote:
Hello, emergency? I have a brain. How do I use it?


The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:34 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 pm
Posts: 6
Post 
ya have no idea what im doing, my little brother wanted me to do this because he didnt understand, and im 14 and i dont understand


Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:35 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.