It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:11 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Legandarys, an easyer way to capture them? 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 112
Location: In my own little imaginary world...
In my leaf green game I am curantly trying to catch zapdos. I dont want to use my master ball (saving it for mewtwo) and I dont have or am planing to get a game shark. I have tried wittleing its hp down to one and putting it to sleep, paralizing, and frezing it along with that. I allways save just before battle in case zapdos faints. I have twenty ultra balls to use. None of this works!
Is there an easyer way beside useing game shark or the master ball?
HELP ME ! ! ! ! ! {zapdos}

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:13 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:37 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Dragon_Lover wrote:
In my leaf green game I am curantly trying to catch zapdos. I dont want to use my master ball (saving it for mewtwo) and I dont have or am planing to get a game shark. I have tried wittleing its hp down to one and putting it to sleep, paralizing, and frezing it along with that. I allways save just before battle in case zapdos faints. I have twenty ultra balls to use. None of this works!
Is there an easyer way beside useing game shark or the master ball?
HELP ME ! ! ! ! ! {zapdos}


I know it's boring, but there's no other way to catch pokemon... the only thing you can do besides that is being patiente...sorry...

And, about the Master ball, Mewtwo is very hard to capture, but still, I think you should keep it for your legendary dog...

_________________
<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Arcaninegirl.png"></center>


Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:45 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 112
Location: In my own little imaginary world...
Post 
Thanks anyway.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:53 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 259
Location: United States of America
Post 
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.

_________________
Image
Friend Code: 3566-7635-2095


Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 112
Location: In my own little imaginary world...
Post 
I will try that.

_________________
Image


Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:38 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Southern Island
Post 
You could try using T-Wave (girl in Silph CO. building teaches one of you pokes), Body Slam or some other effect move.

I just caught Moltres, earlier today, I used T-Bolt, Then T-Wave from my Raichu and chucked Great balls at it, about the 13th it was caught on.

_________________
ImageImage


Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:10 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:24 pm
Posts: 112
Location: In my own little imaginary world...
Post 
Yay! I finally caught {zapdos} zapdos!

I now am trying to catch {articuno} articuno.

But I am having trouble with getting the last two boulders into the holes.Got that now too! Razz

Caught Articuno, moveing on to Moltres, but it keeps nocking out my pokemon.

_________________
Image


Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:28 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Southern Island
Post 
Try buying some Revives, I find those help with the legendaries.

_________________
ImageImage


Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:52 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:41 am
Posts: 29
Location: Absol Land
Post 
Here's a tip: If you have colo, you can get the dogs in your fr/lg. If not, you have to trade with another person who has a different Starter.

_________________
Dark pokemon rule!

{absol}{houndoom}{umbreon}{sneasel}{murkrow}

<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/Nightjirachi.png"></center>


Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
Antigua wrote:
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.


I always was under the impression that the button push tricks and "catch Legendaries easily!" claims were superstition and basically myth. Is there confirmation from developers about this?


Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:14 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 489
Location: hecho en mexico
Post 
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Antigua wrote:
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.


I always was under the impression that the button push tricks and "catch Legendaries easily!" claims were superstition and basically myth. Is there confirmation from developers about this?


I'm not sure, there's a number of push-button tricks. Most of them don't really help at all, but I've actually found that this one works for me. I catch a higher percentage of Pokemon using this trick than when I don't. As for a "catch legendaries easily", I don't think there's any easier ways to do that. Just stock up on Ultra Balls...


Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:53 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
TheCyberMew wrote:
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Antigua wrote:
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.


I always was under the impression that the button push tricks and "catch Legendaries easily!" claims were superstition and basically myth. Is there confirmation from developers about this?


I'm not sure, there's a number of push-button tricks. Most of them don't really help at all, but I've actually found that this one works for me. I catch a higher percentage of Pokemon using this trick than when I don't. As for a "catch legendaries easily", I don't think there's any easier ways to do that. Just stock up on Ultra Balls...


I was just simply playing Devil's Advocate. I really don't notice a difference in some cases, and do in others (i.e. doesn't really help with Chansey, but did with Raikou) and was seeing if this was an actual confirmed thing....


Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:14 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 333
Location: Australia Gender: Male Awsome-Factor: 1337
Post 
Mr. Saturn wrote:
TheCyberMew wrote:
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Antigua wrote:
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.


I always was under the impression that the button push tricks and "catch Legendaries easily!" claims were superstition and basically myth. Is there confirmation from developers about this?


I'm not sure, there's a number of push-button tricks. Most of them don't really help at all, but I've actually found that this one works for me. I catch a higher percentage of Pokemon using this trick than when I don't. As for a "catch legendaries easily", I don't think there's any easier ways to do that. Just stock up on Ultra Balls...


I was just simply playing Devil's Advocate. I really don't notice a difference in some cases, and do in others (i.e. doesn't really help with Chansey, but did with Raikou) and was seeing if this was an actual confirmed thing....


It's all a matter of odds and a bit of luck. First of all you can catch a lvl70 Mewtwo, full health, no status effects, with a Pokeball, though the odds are SO small. Though when you weaken it use a better ball and add a status effect (sleep is the best to use) there is an increased chance. If you want to catch a Mewtwo that has 1 HP is under Sleep and you use a UltraBall the odds are about 6%.

Some people have their lucky charms that might sometimes work though they only got lucky. Personlly I sing the Canadian National Anthem and rapid press select while wink my eyes left eye.

So you just gotta keep at it and you will get 'em. I don't know how the Timer Ball works though it seems the best for legendaries (after the Master Ball), just stall using Sleep and then after an hour just chuck a few, the only problem is if the pokemon runs out of PP.

_________________
"In a world without walls or fences, what need it there for windows or gates?" - CEO of Appple


Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Southern Island
Post 
There are Leppa Berries, Ethers and Elixirs.

_________________
ImageImage


Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:17 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 333
Location: Australia Gender: Male Awsome-Factor: 1337
Post 
I meant the pokemon that you try to catch.

_________________
"In a world without walls or fences, what need it there for windows or gates?" - CEO of Appple


Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:50 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Southern Island
Post 
Oh, sorry :oops: ,
I thought you meant your pokes and the move that puts them to sleep.

_________________
ImageImage


Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
psycho_freak wrote:
Mr. Saturn wrote:
TheCyberMew wrote:
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Antigua wrote:
When you throw the Ultra Ball, hold the UP direction on the control pad, and then when it closes, hold B down. Use the same methods by making it weak, then inflicting a status condition. Nintendo's preference is Sleep, and it does work. If you find that this still does not work after a few trys, try a different lineup and buy a few more Ultra Balls and try your luck. Patience is key when capturing a legendary and rare Pokemon. It usually dosen't take so long, though.


I always was under the impression that the button push tricks and "catch Legendaries easily!" claims were superstition and basically myth. Is there confirmation from developers about this?


I'm not sure, there's a number of push-button tricks. Most of them don't really help at all, but I've actually found that this one works for me. I catch a higher percentage of Pokemon using this trick than when I don't. As for a "catch legendaries easily", I don't think there's any easier ways to do that. Just stock up on Ultra Balls...


I was just simply playing Devil's Advocate. I really don't notice a difference in some cases, and do in others (i.e. doesn't really help with Chansey, but did with Raikou) and was seeing if this was an actual confirmed thing....


It's all a matter of odds and a bit of luck. First of all you can catch a lvl70 Mewtwo, full health, no status effects, with a Pokeball, though the odds are SO small. Though when you weaken it use a better ball and add a status effect (sleep is the best to use) there is an increased chance. If you want to catch a Mewtwo that has 1 HP is under Sleep and you use a UltraBall the odds are about 6%.

Some people have their lucky charms that might sometimes work though they only got lucky. Personlly I sing the Canadian National Anthem and rapid press select while wink my eyes left eye.

So you just gotta keep at it and you will get 'em. I don't know how the Timer Ball works though it seems the best for legendaries (after the Master Ball), just stall using Sleep and then after an hour just chuck a few, the only problem is if the pokemon runs out of PP.


Indeed. there are actually some intense equations behind simply catching a pokemon. They're easy to dumb down into (low HP is good, status effects are good, sleep and freeze are better statuses than others, etc.) but even then, there are factors such as rarity (many pokemon have a specialized catch rate) and even then, the formula has it so that it's completely random. You can have a Mewtwo frozen with 1 HP, and the first poke ball will break without shaking, then the next will shake twice, then the first will shake once. Timer Ball works based on rounds (i.e. you and your opponent both making a move) and it first starts out as a normal poke ball, and as rounds increase, it eventually gains the potency of an Ultra Ball (if only it could become a Master Ball, eh?) but really, Ultra Balls are the most efficient ball excluding the Master Ball. Not to mention if you're an avid Pickup Farmer, you can get hundreds of them for free (I have two 99 stacks of ultra balls, and like 45 more)


Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:46 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 333
Location: Australia Gender: Male Awsome-Factor: 1337
Post 
Mr. Saturn wrote:
Indeed. there are actually some intense equations behind simply catching a pokemon. They're easy to dumb down into (low HP is good, status effects are good, sleep and freeze are better statuses than others, etc.) but even then, there are factors such as rarity (many pokemon have a specialized catch rate) and even then, the formula has it so that it's completely random. You can have a Mewtwo frozen with 1 HP, and the first poke ball will break without shaking, then the next will shake twice, then the first will shake once. Timer Ball works based on rounds (i.e. you and your opponent both making a move) and it first starts out as a normal poke ball, and as rounds increase, it eventually gains the potency of an Ultra Ball (if only it could become a Master Ball, eh?) but really, Ultra Balls are the most efficient ball excluding the Master Ball. Not to mention if you're an avid Pickup Farmer, you can get hundreds of them for free (I have two 99 stacks of ultra balls, and like 45 more)


Ah, good old Ziggies, when you are too cheap to buy anything, they arrive... anyway I read in a Guide Book that great balls have this ability to increase its rate of capture if is used in succesion, making it better than an Ultra Ball in some cases. I don't know if this is true, because the guide book also thought that Seaking was acually Neptune, though once was trying to catch a Lugia and it was asleep with 1 HP and it would always popped open on the first shake, this was with Ultra Balls. And then when I ran out of UB's I went to my 6 Great balls and the first try it went open the first try though the second, thrid, and fourth, they gradually shook more, and then one the fifth try I caught it. I think I was just lucky though I could be wrong, though I doubt it.

_________________
"In a world without walls or fences, what need it there for windows or gates?" - CEO of Appple


Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
Posts: 399
Post 
psycho_freak wrote:


Ah, good old Ziggies, when you are too cheap to buy anything, they arrive... anyway I read in a Guide Book that great balls have this ability to increase its rate of capture if is used in succesion, making it better than an Ultra Ball in some cases. I don't know if this is true, because the guide book also thought that Seaking was acually Neptune, though once was trying to catch a Lugia and it was asleep with 1 HP and it would always popped open on the first shake, this was with Ultra Balls. And then when I ran out of UB's I went to my 6 Great balls and the first try it went open the first try though the second, thrid, and fourth, they gradually shook more, and then one the fifth try I caught it. I think I was just lucky though I could be wrong, though I doubt it.


Weird... sounds more like a stroke of luck, but It might well have some kind of effect on variables or something... The Neptune thing gives the book an instant creditability shot, but eh, never know... Crazier people have been right about something...


Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:22 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:07 am
Posts: 7
Location: monkey island
Post 
just put it to sleep and use ultra balls

_________________
{deoxys} {aipom} {primeape} {vigoroth} {mankey}
we all are actually monkey<center><img src="http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/forums/images/trainercards/monkeymaster.png"></center>s


Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.