It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Finding Entei Again!!!! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have been looking for the Entei in my LeafGreen for about two days now. (probably 4-6hrs total time) When I started looking for him I was using max repel and going in and out of the underground passageway on route 6. its only three steps to the grass so that i don't waste that many steps out of the grass.

I had an umbreon with Mean Look, Double Team, Taunt, and Baton Pass at lvl 50. I used him for about 10 mins then switched to a lvl 33 dugtrio. I found him in about 20 minutes and did about 60% damage and he roared. I didn't know arena trap wouldn't work.

Anyways to make a long story longer I continued to look for him for the remainder of the previously stated time and still have yet to even see him again.

I have read several other post and haven't found a straight answer. Do I have to go to another route because that was the first one I found him on??? I used the same method to catch both lati@s' and it worked for each of them in 30 mins or less. I still can't see him in my pokedex. i believe that is because of the roaring.

any help, suggestion, guidance would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,

axio

-6 GMT
-6 GMT

BEAR BLASTING:
A SPORT YOU'LL INVENT CAUSE YOU ARE TO ENERGETIC FOR NORMAL SPORTS

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

That's definitely odd that he doesn't even show up in your Pokedex. Even his area data should be able to be viewed once you've run into him at least once.
The method to catching any dog is the same way as catching the Lati@s. Sometimes an easy way to find them (this may not apply to you, but it works 70% of the time for me) is, when I played GSC to find the dogs (again, this may not be the case for you), I go to any route at all, use a Max Repel, and start bicycling through the grass. Usually, before one Repel runs out I usually get into an encounter. From there, I used the tactics for GSC dog hunting. (Remember, in GSC you may need to catch 2-3 dogs in this manner for the Dex.)
Even if he Roars the area data should show up. What I suggest is (even though it's tedious) go looking for him again the same way you did before. You could even take my aforementioned suggestion into account, but that's ultimately up to you.

- DNA

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

let me clarify...... he is in the pokedex, but there is no information, just like if I saw any random pokemon for the first time but didn't catch it.

-6 GMT
-6 GMT

BEAR BLASTING:

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

axio720 wrote:
I found him in about 20 minutes and did about 60% damage and he roared.

IIRC, there's a glitch in FRLG that means that if Raikou/Entei Roar away, you can't catch them anymore.

axio720 wrote:
I didn't know arena trap wouldn't work.

Because he's not fleeing, he's switching your pokemon, except that in a battle against a wild pokemon it forces you to end the battle completely instead of switch.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Is there anyone who knows how to fix the glitch?

Sion9, (i am in no way saying i do not believe you) I would like to know where you came by that information.
also, whats IIRC mean in that statement. will the IIRC channel help???

-6 GMT
-6 GMT

BEAR BLASTING:

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Is there anyone who knows how to fix the glitch?

Sion9, (i am in no way saying i do not believe you) I would like to know where you came by that information.
also, whats IIRC mean in that statement. will the IIRC channel help???

No, there is no way to fix that glitch.

There was a topic about that subject on the forums, and several people mentioned conclusively that it was gone forever. I don't know what the topic was, though.

And IIRC=If I Remember Correctly

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

so i pretty much have to start all over from the beginning and beat the E4 and fix the machine with the two gems again.

it took me a few months off and on the get to that point. is there strategy to beat the game quicker. i have only LG, and Emerald so I can't transfer high level pokemon till I achieve those goals.

I you have any ways that you beat the game real quick that would help me out.

thanks,
nathan

-6 GMT
-6 GMT

BEAR BLASTING:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:18 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

so i pretty much have to start all over from the beginning and beat the E4 and fix the machine with the two gems again.

Yup, which is why it's always a good idea to use your Master Ball on Entei/Raikou.
My suggestion would be to pick your team in advance, and then only train those pokemon; Maybe catch a Pidgey/Ratatta, etc, to fill up your pokedex so you can get all the items from Oak's Aides, but only spend your time training the 6 or so pokemon you want to use as your team. Beyond that, no, there' not really any easy way to get it done fast. I usually beat the E4 by around 50 hours of playtime.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Is that why people use their Master Ball on those wimps? Because a glitch in the game code prohibits you from ever seeing them again?
Someone messed up there. Oh well, at least Suicune doesn't have that problem. (Which is why Charmander is the best starter, imo. Fast and powerful, that is Charizard.)

- DNA

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Is that why people use their Master Ball on those wimps? Because a glitch in the game code prohibits you from ever seeing them again?

That and because they're the most time-consuming to catch otherwise. The other legends will go into an Ultra Ball just fine, if you save before you fight them and maybe restart a few times.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]