It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tattoos 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Now most people don't care for them or are afraid to get something scarred on to their body permanently. What if they don't always like it?

To be honest, I think tattoos are hot, and I know I want quite a few, but I don't know for sure what to get. It would be nice to have something Pokemon related, but I think I'd definitely get Grant from Castlevania III. Otherwise, I think I'd get a series of tattoos that act as an allegory to a portion of my life that can be amended to.

Do you have a tattoo? Have you ever had thought of getting something done? Do you have ideas for something small or a large project? Even if you don't think you'd ever get one, have you ever considered it? Share. o:

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I think are cool, the idea of having a graphic imprinted on you, it's very artistic. but tattoos are stupid. they're stupid because they're a permanant thing, why do you have to limit yourself like that? I mean, use henna, it stays for a couple of months and then fades, and you don't have to be stuck with it. like, Datvu says he wants a pokemon related tattoo, but who's to say he's going to be such an avid fan of pokemon in 20 years? and he won't be able to get rid of it....so it's just dumb as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have a dragon on my left shoulder blade, very hot ;)

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:31 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think tatoos are seems cool, but i don't want to have it on my skin, but on my shirt/jacket (Simply, clothes).

I do have a friend that has a tatoo but it is temporary.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

well, that's why you have to pick carefully. and there's always the painful laser surgery... (my dad plans on doing that to get rid of some of the ones my mom hates, lol).

i've considered getting tattoos in the past. but, it would be something carefully considered; i wouldn't get something like Pokemon or Yugioh because i probably won't always like stuff like that. for me, it would have to be aesthetically pleasing and/or represent something important to me. but, i wouldn't mind getting something like this ;-)
mostly becuase i've always thought dragons were cool. but in the end, i probably won't get a tattoo, and if i do, it won't be anything outrageous, and there'll probably be only one :/

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, i think tatoos are great but the removal are painful and expensive, but if i did get a tatoo, i would consider having the "Signer Dragon" on my back.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Looking up tattoos is one of my favourite pasttimes, getting one is a different matter. I probably wouldn't though.

I very much dig the tattoo look, except on cute girls only. (aka bordering emo.. as opposed to the worn rock punk chick look. I get intimidated when girls looks like they can beat me up haha)

Anyway if I were to get one I'd get something like http://www.medimanage.com/Images/tribal ... ttoo-m.jpg , but I never will because then I'd actually have to go to the gym :(

If not then I'd get "there's chemicals in the clouds" done somewhere.
I really love that line.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:03 am
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

I fall rather solidly into the camp of "there's nothing I would want to permanently add to myself." No matter what I get, I'm convinced that I would eventually grow tired of it and want to be rid of it.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would have to agree with Jigglypuff in saying that I would not like something permanently printed on myself. Although, I have thought of getting a tatoo but because of the aforementioned I always opt out.

If I were to one day get a tatoo, it would be something small and in a place that isn't very noticeable.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I have though of getting a tatoo at 1 point or another but then decided that it wasn't worth it cause I can't edit it off or get something else in that exact same spot, I think about it getting in the way of me getting a job somewhere someday & I think about the image that particular tatoo would give me & then think about wanting it not to be static so again I like tatoos a little bit but would perfer them on something other then my skin seeing as they look better that way to me anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:50 am
The Geek
The Geek

I think I have the perfect tattoo design for you, Lawence.
, . ;
It could probably use a little work to be more elegant, but go ahead and slap that right on your forearm!

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think I like the idea of getting a tattoo, though since I like changing mind again and again, I'm worried to even try. Some goes with piercings and whatnot.

Some tattoos are pretty hot though. I like the wrist and ankle ones on girls. Some of them can be really pretty too like my friend's who has a butterfly on her wrist.

Oh, and let's not forget one of my friends who actually got crabs in a place you kids need not imagine. And yes, I am talking about the tattoo. :P

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jigglypuff wrote:
I fall rather solidly into the camp of "there's nothing I would want to permanently add to myself." No matter what I get, I'm convinced that I would eventually grow tired of it and want to be rid of it.

^this.

Seeing as how ADD (which definitely isn't real) I am, I'm going to take the safe route and not get one. I itch for one everyone once in a while though. We think my history teacher has them down his arms - he always wears long sleeves.

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Jigglypuff wrote:
I think I have the perfect tattoo design for you, Lawence.
, . ;
It could probably use a little work to be more elegant, but go ahead and slap that right on your forearm!

Here we go again & I believe I stated that I wasn't getting a tatoo at all, it's just too much to put into consideration before getting 1...

& I really don't get the message your trying to send with this...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've never thought about getting a tattoo, but I've seen some really weird ones like this. They're really funny to laugh at, but they are no joke. It sucks getting them off.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Jigglypuff wrote:

This. I've got nothing against other people having tattoos, and some of them do look awesome. But I can't fathom the idea of having one done to myself. Also, I'm terrified of the pain.

On the other hand, I can just about envisage getting an ear piercing. Less painful, and only semi-permanent.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Zombie wrote:
like, Datvu says he wants a pokemon related tattoo, but who's to say he's going to be such an avid fan of pokemon in 20 years? and he won't be able to get rid of it....so it's just dumb as far as I'm concerned.
My point of having a tattoo done is somewhat like a reminder of a portion of my life that, in a way, is already permanent. I like the artistic aspect of tattooing. I would love if I could have a painting of my life that changed every now and then to represent another part of me. I don't want to do it to be cool; I don't want to be an impulsive moron to get some ostentatious **** I can show off from my younger days of trying way too much to be a hardass. I don't intend to have a Pok

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

no offence to any people but im not a tattoo guy, i dont see the appeal of them and what they prove lol

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm getting at least two tattoos, one on each bicep. On my left arm I want to get a scorpion tangled in a pentacle (I have the picture drawn out at home and would show it off if I had a scanner), on my other arm I'm getting a ram (I'm not sure how I want do it yet, just that it's going to be a ram). The reason I'm getting these are because they're both part of my zodiac, I'm a Scorpio and I was born in the Year of the Ram. I want to get a tattoo in the base of my neck, but I'm on the ropes about what, also I want to get some on my forearms, but again, I'm not sure what yet.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have decided that I am going to get a tattoo eventually in my life. Once I get the money for it I am going to get this on my right bicep.

Only the red part though, not everything else.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:14 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
I would only get tattoo(s) of something like my child(rens) name(s) if/when I have any as that would be one of the only things I would deem worthy on myself, not sure about a girlfriend/wifes name as that could be something you might later regret if it goes pear shaped! Tattoos to me must mean something, I'm not one for getting a stupid tattoo done for the hell of it then wanting it taken off.

One of the coolest I've ever seen was a whole back tattoo of a wolf, among other things on one of my maths teachers, genuinely nice fellow too.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:20 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I have a tattoo, and planning on getting more.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've got seven so far, planning on my next couple. :3

Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Found this one on the internet I thought was pretty cool:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I see why people like them, but its a bit silly to me. Like the one DP posted above - its a pretty cool picture, but why would you want it on your chest? I agree with DatVu though, they can be really hot. Rick Genest looks amazing (hes the guy who's tattooed all over), but its so permanent. I had a dream I woke up with a tattoo of a rose and its thorns were wrapped around my wrist (looking back on it, it wasnt so bad) and I freaked out, so I dont think I'd ever get one - at least not a big / very visible one.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I just got my tattoo yesterday, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, so if you plan on getting them don't psyche your self out.

Anyway, here's a picture!
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww29 ... otated.jpg

Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next