It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Why stealing? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So... today is a sad day.
It seems someone knew the code for my locker, and he stole my keys... my black GameBoy Advance and my beloved Pokemon Firered...
But I wonder... why.

Why did he do that? I don't understand why he stole me these things, that have no value for him and a huge sentimental value for me. What is so fun about stealing for other people? Is it exciting, or just to show to his friends he's... dunno, bad ass?

I never stole anything in my whole life, and I just doesn't seem to understand. Since it seems I'm autistic, with a score of 14/150 in social, I guess maybe you know something?

Thu May 09, 2013 2:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Assuming that you're old enough for a locker
And assuming you're in the 6-12 grade due to the fact that most schools have lockers for that class group

I would say that
A - someone close to you is playing a joke
B - Someone knew you had it and thought it was valuable
C - Someone just doesent like you much and wants to piss you off

What I would do is keep my valuables at home and not bring them for about a month or so

And ask your parents for some money to get a replacement
Or find an emulator and play it from your home computer

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Stealing can also be a psychological problem, like Winona Ryder shoplifting a few years back. They feel the need to steal things for some reason. The rush they feel from it can be like a high. Or a stress reliever. Or maybe he/she/they just really wanted FireRed. I just bought a GBA and LeafGreen, and it cost me a little over $50 after shipping and handling, so they probably didn't want to pay for it. I still don't know why I bought them, even though I already have them on my computer... Anyway, I never bring anything valuable to school with me, but if I have to, I'll keep it on me at all times. It also helps that I'm much bigger than most people, and am rather intimidating, so no one tries to steal anything from me.

Actually, one time someone stole some things from my backpack when I left it in the locker room during PE. It was weird what they stole, too. They left my MP3 player and $105 graphing calculator, but they took my headphones, a couple of pencils, and my gum.

Thu May 09, 2013 2:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Charphlokenapoar wrote:
Actually, one time someone stole some things from my backpack when I left it in the locker room during PE. It was weird what they stole, too. They left my MP3 player and $105 graphing calculator, but they took my headphones, a couple of pencils, and my gum.

They only picked my keys and gameboy, they left a pack of batteries, which is kinda weird.

And thanks for the reply everyone, it really helps me.
I hope I can get it back...

Thu May 09, 2013 2:50 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Think of it this way, perhaps the thief simply wanted to experience the joys of Pokemon (and driving), but didn't have the money to buy a DS. Maybe your GBA is in a better place.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu May 09, 2013 3:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Think of it this way, perhaps the thief simply wanted to experience the joys of Pokemon (and driving), but didn't have the money to buy a DS. Maybe your GBA is in a better place.

Well, I hope the owner will enjoy the game, if I never get it back.
I hope the best for this great game...

Thu May 09, 2013 6:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dude, they took your FR. That's the one that has a lot of your shinies on it, right? That sucks.
That's depressing even to me. It reminds me when someone busted into my GBC case on a class field trip and stole half of my games.

Goodbye
"

Fri May 10, 2013 4:25 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Its worse when they steal your Laptop, Nintendo DS and GBA.

I believe the reason they stole it is to show they have "SWAG". Another reason is so they may "tweet" "#YOLOSWAG".

It is quite sad that someone would steal something just to make them self look better. As you are 15, it must have a huge sentiment with years of playing it. Others have said maybe its in better hands, the little ingrate who stole it doesn't even deserve it. Really sorry for you. :x

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri May 10, 2013 4:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Haunted Water wrote:
That's the one that has a lot of your shinies on it, right? That sucks.
That's depressing even to me. It reminds me when someone busted into my GBC case on a class field trip and stole half of my games.

Some days before, I traded my 2 shinies, Tentacruel and Onix, in my HG.
I'm really lucky here... since I found someone to trade with, and I restarted a game with Alakazam, Gengar and Golem.
James86134 wrote:
I believe the reason they stole it is to show they have "SWAG". Another reason is so they may "tweet" "#YOLOSWAG".

It is quite sad that someone would steal something just to make them self look better. As you are 15, it must have a huge sentiment with years of playing it. Others have said maybe its in better hands, the little ingrate who stole it doesn't even deserve it. Really sorry for you.

Yep, I think you're right. I doubt anyone would want to have a old Gameboy and a pokemon game. I'm gonna go check the stores, where they buy consoles and games.
And this game was my whole childhood. :(

It seems you two got stolen before... sorry for you, I now know how it hurts.

Fri May 10, 2013 5:31 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I've never had a game stolen from me, I think. A while back at overnight camp, my Emerald mysteriously vanished. My idea is that it was accedentanally thrown away in the mad rush of kids packing to go home. But yeah, I know what it's like.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm sorry that has happened to you :/
I've had little things stolen from me, but nothing with sentimental value. I hope it turns up!

Sat May 11, 2013 2:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mektar wrote:

That's a... really cool mindset to have. Pretty admirable. It's interesting, cause a lot of "evil" we see in the world is very objective, and from another point of view, that "evil" could be justice. It's interesting. Known as "situational awareness". Look it up~

Sun May 12, 2013 5:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey guys, I bought LeafGreen. So I guess it's quite settled lol.
So for now I'll enjoy my new game. :)

Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Tips to avoid getting video games, video game consoles, and related valuable items stolen that have worked for me throughout my life

-NEVER leave electronics in your locker. Safest place to keep them is on your person, in your pockets. Backpacks work to but keep them zipped at all times. If they get unzipped, rezip them yourself.
-Get clothing that offers protection for your items. Zipper pockets are the most reliable. Velcro are semi-reliable. Front-open pockets are ok if you're not doing much other than walking. Back-open pockets are the ones you need to pay attention to, especially when sitting in places like classrooms, restaurants, or movie theaters.
-Keeps video games either in your room or in the same room as your console. Keep them as far out of reach for little kids because they can un-organize your stuff or possibly even scratch discs such as for Wii or Xbox 360.
-Keep all your home console games in their cases (order them in a way you'll remember them, such as alphabetically) and keep your portable games in as few places as possible. If you can file them in a binder or something, that's even better.
-ALWAYS put away games after you're done playing with them. NEVER leave them in your pockets when you're not wearing that article of clothing.
-If applicable and affordable, get warranties.

That's pretty much everything I thought of based off my life experience. I turn 18 in 9 days so I know I'm not the youngest or oldest person around but I hope people find these tips useful.

Last edited by vaporterra on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have a friend to trade with at school, these tips are going to be usefull for sure.
Thanks! ;)

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]