It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Bullying in school 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It's a great complaint from many. It was, and maybe still is, a major problem.
What do you think?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was bullied before, because I was "different"... And sadly, I didn't do anything because I was mostly the "forgive and forget" kind. But then, they started abusing of my ability to forgive and they started bullying me in group. But yeah, I had some good friends who kinda helped me to get through this. But then, they started throwing me snowballs, pushing me, etc. Sadly, when I'm angry, I can't control myself anymore and I become violent. And one day, I couldnt take it anymore, and barely destroyed someone, but I stopped at time, when I realized I had punched someone. (Then, he became my best friend.) I decided to fix all these problems I got through all these years. And now, they know not to mess with me. ;)

So, when these kind of things happen, don't wait till you can't take it anymore.

~Sorry for grammar (Zermagherd my grammar is horrible today :shock: )

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I want to set one thing straight excessive bullying is in no way shape or form okay. When someone tells you to stop, or leave them alone, you better do it. However some bullying is, in my humble little opinion, a good thing. It can teach people how to stand up for themselves and assert themselves as people. Life is going to do the same thing but it is not gonna take it easy on you, and if you don't know how to stand up for yourself then you will be screwed. Now don't get me wrong calling someone the n word, the f word, or any other racial slur is not okay unless they want to be called that and have said explicitly that they want to because that is a form of bullying that I do not like. I was bullied a lot throughout high school and every time I stood up to it and told them to leave me alone, and it has prepared me for what I deal with now on the regular basis. However don't ever push someone to the point where they don't feel safe or want to kill themselves.

tl;dr
a little bullying is okay, making people want to kill themselves not good.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:08 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I can't think of anything profound to add right now, but I will say that bullying is generally a bad thing. The main problem with genuine bullies, versus friendly joking around, is that they don't stop when you ask.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just make sure if you are bullied or see someone get bullied, nip it in the bud right away. Best way to do that is to get an adult.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Just make sure if you are bullied or see someone get bullied, nip it in the bud right away. Best way to do that is to get an adult.

Not always.

Goodbye
"

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Samurott wrote:
vaporterra wrote:

Not always.

Yeah, sometimes that'll make it worse and they'll just get mad at you for telling on them. So be cautious.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been bullied for about half of my life. It only really stopped fully last year. In that time I've learnt a lot.
First: It's not fun.
Second: Parents/Adults will tell you BS. I've been told every tip in the book, and it's all BS.
"It's because they're jealous of you". Why? I'm smart, but not the smartest. I've a good life, but not the best. So why are they jealous?
"Just ignore them". They continue. Sometimes it makes matters worse: they're not getting the reaction that they want from you, so they get worse.
"Fight back". I like my face the way it is, thank you very much.
"Tell the teacher/adult". Sometimes it works, other times it just gives them a reason to bully you (not a real reason, but most of the time, you're dealing with idiots)
etc. etc.

When I was being bullied, even people who I thought were my friends turned on me. Eventually it lead to depression, lose of faith in life, and getting close to suicidal. Not good.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

^This guy... He is dead-on.
I've been a victim of it since fifth grade, and in seventh grade, I had a policy: If you dare bully me or a friend, be prepared to answer to it, regardless of whether or not you're a 'nice' person. I spent a combined total of a week out of school because of suspensions due to fighting. In eighth grade, I cooled off and put it behind me, thinking nobody will do it again. I was wrong.
Actually, now that I realize this, four years and 6 days ago, I was recooperating from nearly the biggest fight I had in my life. Three hours and 40 minutes earlier, I was wrongly accused of hitting a girl. Being an easy target, it escalated within half a minute from "No, you're wrong, I didn't!" to me struggling for air, near-death, and scared. Luckily, a strong round cresent kick to the knee saved me, and my attacker dropped faster than he would've liked. I was then recovering from that and trying to breath through my sore airways (I had flu that Monday, and this took place on a Friday) and was ambushed, nearly gang beat at the water fountain, when the principals rounded the corner.
I woke the next morning with faint bruises on my neck and a gigantic bruise on the right side of my face. I had trouble breathing, moving, and thinking. I was broken.
Afterwards, I thought the agony was over.
Oh how wrong I was.
That next Monday, I went to my locker and within a minute was already being bullied and harassed. People said 'I was better off dead' or called me a p**sy or a woman-hitter. I began experiencing chronic nightmares, usually one or two per night. It was so bad to the point that, by the end of the school year nearly 2.5 months later, I didn't feel suicidal like I did in sixth grade. Instead, I felt that people should move on. That people should just drop it. Or else. I apoligized to the girl and said "I don't know if I hurt you, but if I did, I'm sincerely sorry about it. That isn't me."
For two months, it was agonizing. I ended up failing every class I was in, and hating nearly everyone. It continued on into ninth grade. Two people did it constantly. One was a friend, and the other is now captain of the tennis team.

It now leaves me here, in tears as I sit, with one bitter lesson to tell.
If someone is bullying you, I found that only a vulgar display of power can get them to stop. Whether it be doing something to make them think 'that motherf****r is crazy.' to show people what is going on. Only an organized effort can stop a bully. If there are many people who become negative to a bully, they will stop. Bullies don't do it because they are troubled; rather those are the ones who are bullied. Bullies are attention whores. They pick out the one who has the most 'flaws' and attack. I just got out of a World History class, and just today one of them were following me and my girlfriend around at lunch. They were harassing me, so I simply flipped the bird and kept walking. Well, now, I'm planning on listening for just one good reason to let me punt the kid's head ninety yards. When they ask me why I took that action, I'll simply say "Because I felt like making an example will show that I don't want to be messed with. I came to the Vice Principal in December, and bullying is heavily discouraged here. So why is it that there was no disciplinary action? Well, I just gave him that discipline."

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

lulz Bullies.

They're not jealous: they're insecure. They don't want your life, but they don't want theirs more.

A bully acts on his failing self-image, brought on by a tumultuous domestic life, with aggressive verbal or physical assault on people he feels are inferior to the status quo (in childhood, a judgment based on what vapid, egotistical, middle school socialites think). He wants to validate his existence on the only thing he understands: the physical or social hierarchy established by a society of ignorant, unhappy people. It's a concept that's easy to grasp when a person needs unsubstantiated material to make another feel like ****, because angry people don't often react on intelligence, so they can't think of anything better.

Children are too naïve to understand that their self-esteem isn't based on how other people feel about them. Happiness, confidence, and success comes from a healthy perspective of oneself. Your parents, teachers, employers, friends, or lovers aren't going to wait for you to start feeling good about yourself, and the same goes for people who think you're garbage.

Bullying is something young people commonly battle until they're in an adult setting. Then obvious abuse turns to a more obscure, deep-rooted psychological and emotional conflict... then it's called "a relationship."

The truth is, humans are horrible because they're apathetic. Hopefully someday, you'll grow wise and honest enough to discern what's really important and surround yourself with people that matter who feel the same way.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]