It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 So what about Psypoke? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DNA wrote:
I missed an argument about forum staffing? Darnit! I'm so good at crushing those!

I think it is safe to say that it was over before it started.

Goodbye
"

Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Just because some of us moderators are "old" doesn't mean we don't care about Pokemon anymore, and that, by extension, we should be replaced by younger people (because they'll surely improve the quality of the few conversations we have in these forums). I'm one of the oldest forum-goers around here, I have a career right now (one that takes a hell lot of my time and effort), and I still play Pokemon, draw Pokemon fanart and talk about Pokemon whenever I can.

And no, I'm not as active as I used to be. It's not because I lost interest in the subject, though; rather, it's because I CAN'T be around as often as I'd like. Another factor is that most of you current frequent posters talk about stuff I don't really understand, like competitive battling and whatnot; I have no idea what that stuff is about and I'm not interested in it. Members who were interested in the same stuff I am left a long time ago. I only participate in topics that I can contribute to.

If the situation doesn't call for it, why appoint new moderators or whatever-rank staff? The staff is here to keep things in order, not to start interesting conversation to attract new members or raise traffic. The administrators give you enough liberties as ordinary members to post whatever you like and want, as long as you follow the rules (moderators are no exception to this; besides, we have a very lenient forum here, which serves no other purpose other than posting silly stuff). You don't have to be promoted to be able to do what you're already able to do. Promoting you won't encourage you to post for the sake of the community; if anything, it'll only make you feel better about yourself, parading around with your new rank and being "part of the staff", because that's really cool, specially now that the forums are bursting with activity! New mods will be appointed when/if necessary; don't push it, don't suggest it out of nowhere; if anything, that'll only lower your chances of becoming one.

In other words, being a moderator doesn't make you special, and it certainly does not increase the chances of having more people around. Contribute to the community, post interesting stuff, don't whine or complain for no reason, participate on the chats (so you get to know other members better) and you'll be just fine, and so will this community. It's better to have few close, good friends than a billion acquaintances. And don't worry about our inactivity, because that always happen, specially if the main subject doesn't attract people's attention (and that's not really the community's fault) or if the community is small. Even if many of us aren't around, you guys still are, and you can still have fun with what the forums provide. Don't be shy or intimidated to post new threads; follow the rules, be cool, and you'll be fine.

I'm sure interest will be picked now that a new generation has been announced. :)

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, none of us asked to be a mod :lol: . We just threw ideas on the table.
After all, things are pretty neat right now. Maybe Gen VI will gather more members. I sure hope so.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
I'm sure interest will be picked now that a new generation has been announced.

*piqued

Grammar copping is such a terrible habit of mein mine.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3