It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bad jobs? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/there-are-no-bad-jobs-says-flaherty-1

After reading this, it kinda got me thinking. Now this article might mean totally squat to some of you, but this kinda worries me. Ive recently completed an IT course and am now looking for work. I am trying everywhere, Timmy's, MacDonald's, the grocery chains, I'm not just limiting myself to IT jobs, cant really do that when you have a loan to pay off. But to say that there is "No such thing as a bad job"? Yes, I'm gonna grab any job I can get, but I took this course to get an IT job. Now I may have to work at a lousy job that doesn't pay much for a few years, for experiance and such, but I eventually want to get an IT job. What does this say about people who go to university? Are they just going to spend X tens of thousands of dollars just to end up working in a Coffee shop? Kinda seems a little pointless.

For me personally, there are such things as a "bad job". For me its the medical sector. I don't care how much you make, I couldn't handle the stress, the sick people or the blood/ things that are outside but should remain inside. I'd end up being a patient more than a medical provider!

So, what are your guy's/gals opinions? Are there such things as a bad job?

Tue May 15, 2012 5:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Its funny. I'm listening to "Politics" by KoRn right now. Anyways, as for bad jobs go, I'll be damned if that's going to happen in Michigan. Now, I hate hypocrites (ironically, I'm listening to "Hypocrites", also by KoRn, right now) as most know. Especially those who voted for Schnieder then say he sucks (damn teabaggers and their ideals), then turn around and support Rick Perry and Ron Paul. Schnieder better not sign this in if it comes to Michigan if he wants to have a slim chance of re-election. First, he got rid of the film incentive in Michigan. Nice job asshat! I wont be seeing you when I go to work in California because all the film studios are closed in Michigan. Either that, or I'll have to pick a job I'm overqualified for.
And I'm not doing web design, damnit. That **** is HARD!

Goodbye
"

Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I consider a bad job a job you don't enjoy or are not good at. You can be perfectly happy with little dough.

Me, though, I like money. And I major in the Arts. Which may be a problem.

I think being a writer will do me good. I'm a decent writer. But It'd be cool if I got to be a pixel artist for Gamefreak, too. :lol:

sad but rad

Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This. It's funny and informative. I wouldn't want any of these!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]