It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Senioritis 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as Graduation. (from Urban Dictionary)

I have it now. I think it was caused by a lack of useful information in the curriculum at my high school. Does anyone else have this problem?

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I had that problem when I was in high school. Really the only class I had to apply myself in was my AP English/Lit class, other than that I never studied for anything senior year. It was fun being at the top of the food chain in my school so it was just kinda cool. Don't let it get too bad, several of my classmates had to do summer school because of really bad senoritis.

Have fun with your last year of high school.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Senioritis, huh... I've heard it's pretty common, but in my country we rarely see it. Here, seniors spend all their days in private lessons and special tutoring, and they are constantly worried about their final exams. What we usually have is Graduationitis. AFTER Graduation, people here show symptoms similar to those of senioritis. The only cure since now is called Starvation. It somehow forces graduates to do some work.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dude, I caught senioritis in sophomore year.

A lot of people have that problem. It came to me mainly because of two things:

1) The rebellious side in me despising being measured by numbers
2)Dabbling in the working world made school seem pointless, and I always though I could do more.

Honestly, 10 years in the future, it won't matter what grades you got in Pre-calc. It'll matter what connections you've made, the experiences you've gained, stuff like that... not if you passed that chem test or not.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Coliflowerz wrote:
Honestly, 10 years in the future, it won't matter what grades you got in Pre-calc. It'll matter what connections you've made, the experiences you've gained, stuff like that... not if you passed that chem test or not.

Actually, if he's planning to get into a good college somewhere, then yes, those things probably do matter a lot.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Speaking of which, I just got accepted into U of I. I may or may not go depending on what other schools I get in to.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]