It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The Origin of Your Username 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've seen a topic similar to this on Starmen.net, and I was wondering how some people here got their usernames. Some seem obvious, but some don't.

For me, when I was playing Maplestory, I was a die-hard Megaman fan. When I heard archers were accurate, I named my character Searchman52. Used that name ever since.

Fri May 22, 2009 9:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I always read your name as Search-man... >_>

SH07 was because I was a shiny hunter, and it was 2007. Patchy is my nickname.

Fri May 22, 2009 10:33 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Patchy wrote:
I always read your name as Search-man... >_>

SH07 was because I was a shiny hunter, and it was 2007. Patchy is my nickname.

Hrm.

I always thought "Patchy" was short for Patchouli. Or more specifically, Patchouli Knowledge. :P

"goldenquagsire" is just "awesome video game + awesome pokemon". I use it pretty much everywhere, because I'm lazy.

I'm also fairly sure that this must be at least the fifty-third reincarnation of the "usernames" thread. :3

Fri May 22, 2009 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

/vXv\ is my Bat Master Symbol

Fri May 22, 2009 11:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

SwampZard was a hybrid of two of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert and Charizard. I think I was in some kind of Edgar Allan Poe phase when I changed it to this name.

Fri May 22, 2009 11:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Heracross is my favorite Pokemon, and Mega Horn is the attack he's known for. Hence, "Mega_Horn".

Fri May 22, 2009 12:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For some reason I used to get asked this quite often...

ruby - The Pokemon game, Pokemon Ruby Version.
poke - Just the first part of Pokemon.

I do believe this is how I made my name, but I made it four years ago or whatever, logically that is how it was made.

Fri May 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Krisp wrote:

There have been plenty of threads on this subject (because I remember replying), but they're probably ancient (3-4 years old).

Oh. It's okay, right?

Poe wrote:
SwampZard was a hybrid of two of my favorite Pokemon, Swampert and Charizard. I think I was in some kind of Edgar Allan Poe phase when I changed it to this name.

Really? I thought it was based off the Zelda enemy... :)

Fri May 22, 2009 4:33 pm
The Geek
The Geek

I was... 12? when I chose it. Maybe even younger, I honestly don't remember. Since this is a Pokemon community, every time we had to remake the forums, I just held on to it for the sake of not wanting anyone else to have it. This is the only place I use this name.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri May 22, 2009 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My name relates to what my college major was until last month (yay graduation!), and the fact that I love to cook. I usually go by masterchef or masonthechef on other fourms/sites, and that's been so since teh invention of the internets.

Fri May 22, 2009 6:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmm hmmhmm.... Easy enough;
Magikarp is my favorite Pokemon, Freddy Kruger is my favorite villian/slasher.
Now that I think about it, though, Freddydos Kruggikarp would be the name I'd want, out of sheer and total dorkdom.

Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mine was just... a random word out of the dictionary. On other forums I go by the name of "Bubble". Well, not all of them, but some.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri May 22, 2009 6:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was watching the anime Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) one day, and in this particular episode one of the characters spoke of this Graad foundation. Considering how poor my listening can be sometimes (even in my own native language, Jesus), I understood them saying "galard", or something to that extent. So when I joined Psypoke (my very first internet community), I decided to make a reference to that TV Show (my favorite anime so far) and made up the username "Galar" as in allusion to that site of the cartoon. The name also worked well because "Galar" can also relate to the word "Galaxy" (also a recurring theme in that cartoon) in the aspects of initial letters.

My username has nothing to do with Wikipedia's article on "Galar", or anything else you find when you Google that word.

Fri May 22, 2009 6:44 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm writing a series of books. My pen name is 'Ray Olivia Frederick' and that's my persona's name in the books and on online games, chatrooms, RP places and stuff like that. Most of the characters in this series refer to my persona as 'Miss Frederick' so I used that name. There's also a moment in the book where one of the characters makes my persona really angry, she says 'What was that? Say that again!' and the character says 'No, Ray, I didn't mean anything by it' and my persona then says 'That's Miss Frederick to you!' before picking up and throwing him over her shoulder. I'm narcisistic (I can't spell that.)

EDIT: So in the future, if you see any books by an author called 'Ray Olivia Frederick,' the odds are, it's one of the ones I've written. :P

Sat May 23, 2009 12:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

solid raiden was my chosen name over my other online name (novice chief which is a less skilled version of masterchief)

anyway its from metal gear solid as usually snake is called solid snake but then raiden is also a main char in the games from 2-4 so i wanted to be solid raiden or maybe solidusraiden or liquidraiden or even revolverraiden

Sat May 23, 2009 3:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Since having the strangest user name I'll post, first a while ago I always thought Darkness would be a cool nickname because it fit my sarcastic and blunt personality and purple was my favorite color. 999 is also my favorite number, I always joke because it's 666 upside down, though that's not a reason why it's my favorite number. I wanted to put something unique so I replace "ss" with "zz". I replace "a" with "@" and "e" with "&" because it looks cool and sounds somewhat similar. And that's how I made my username :!: :D

Sun May 24, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW
I need to shut the **** up

*superiorchingling* was really rather....random. I thought, nowthen, there's bound to be a "Dragonite" around here, so......my second fave Pokemon is Chimeco, but Chimeco is probably taken too, and so is Chingling....so howabout we put in in between asterickses so it looks cool?
I was also unimaginably arrogant in those days, so I put superior at the front. Et voila, *superiorchingling* was born.
{chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Sun May 24, 2009 12:06 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
Back when I was ten or something, my friend introduced me to Runescape. He decided to name his charachter XRaider, (or something to that extent, just not exactly what my name is currently). Being good friends and wanting to have a way of recognizing each other, I made my name XRader. The name stuck as I started to make other MMORPG accounts, a youtube account (though that name is slightly different), and eventually forum accounts, such as this one.

Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come easy go
Little high little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to meeeeeeeeeeee
To me

On a realistic note, yes that used to be my favorite song and I like musical terms. My previous username was picking a Pokemon I liked at random. Since the username was already taken, I added a tilde (read: squiggle) to the end.

Mon May 25, 2009 8:15 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

THERE NO SU HERE!! GET LIFE!! GET GIRLFRIEND!!!

Mon May 25, 2009 8:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once upon a cherry tree, there was a letter 'D'. This D had no letter friends, just numbers, but they all discriminated him for his font type, and they hated his guts. Upon seeing this unfortunate D, so natives to nicknametopia saw him, and immediately slaughtered him for being a Times New Roman Letter, and they slowly took over the Ds section of nicknametopia. First came the ruthless tribe of 'I', then the murderous 'N's, then the heartless 'T's, and the nasty 'A's. Then the writer of this heart warming tale took a tea break.

After this, the merciless 'X' tribe, the cruel 'O's, the depressive 'N's, the joyful 'K's, who were soon replaced by the happiness hating 'E's, and finally they were joined by the vilainous 'M's. Thus, inta xonem was born.

Mon May 25, 2009 11:37 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I was obsessed with Angelic Layer when I made this username. It's based off my favorite character from that anime. The angel Wizard whose owner was Oujirou. Simple. Not much thought. :D

-Girls (although it is generally unrequited)
-Math. w00t. QED :D

Mon May 25, 2009 2:38 pm
Champion of Mews
Champion of Mews

Mew came from the fact that Mew is my favorite Pokemon. Champ is something I always use for my usernames. 151 is Mew's number and it sounds cool so I used it.

Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Empoleon because it is my favourtie pokemon (duh :D )

and 99 just because it is an easy number to remember :P

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Wed May 27, 2009 12:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lordtomato is my name on most everything.

I just wanted something completely original.

Progression of usernames on interwebz:
MonkeyBoy->lasted about a week before I mistyped and got...
MonkeyBot->which was cool, but there are others named MonkeyBot out there. so i chose...
tomatolauncher->which was really awesome and lasted awhile, but it took a long time to type. so i shortened it to...
lordtomato

tada.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next