Spring 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Summer 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Fall 34%  34%  [ 11 ]
Winter 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 32

battle of the seasons 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My birthday is in winter, but it does nothing to get me a ton of presents. The fact that my birthday is in January is the reason why my parents want to give less to me. They say that they already spent too much on Christmas, and now they're cutting down on Christmas presents because of the economy, which means I get even less for my birthday. The cycle continues. Sorry, winter, but January is boring besides my birthday and MLK Jr. day, and Christmas doesn't give me much these days. Valentine's Day seems too corny for me, especially since more and more people don't think about St. Valentine (I think he was a martyr in Christianity and somehow his feast day turned into what it is in the present) anymore, and now it's filled with sappy love notes and stuff like that.[/rant]

The reasons above and the fact that it's cold kept me from voting "winter" on the poll.

Sprite Collection

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Autumn is my favourite. I live in Canada and in autumn, the leaves are very beautiful.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
New Personal Tally (although Spring is still my favorite)
Spring: Spring is my favorite season. It is my birth season and conveniently the time many of my favorite video games come out. It is pleasantly warm but not too hot. There's also spring break. Although... it is when my seasonal allergies rear their ugly head.
Fall: Fall isn't too cold, but it's still a nice temperature. The trees change color, it's the time of Thanksgiving (nom nom nom) and Halloween (even more nom). But.... school starts up.
Winter: I dislike the cold, and depending on my mood, the snow. However, there is winter break, a few of my close friend's and my mom's birthday, and the occasional snow day. Not to mention the new year, Hanukkah, and for those who celebrate it, Christmas.
Summer: I still feel as if it is overrated. The weather is altogether to hot for me 9/10 times, and
The golden quagsire wrote:
in summer the only solution to overheating is to go naked. which isn't always appropriate for the situation.
I still dislike the beach... a lot. Only good part? No school.

1) Spring- 4.7
2) Fall- 4.5
3) Winter- 4
4) Summer- 2

I think a lot more highly of Winter now, come to think of it.

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Fall FTW

It has the same chilly tempurature range as Spring, but without the allergy-inducing pollen.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:31 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

spring, because it is brighter and more colourful, oh and i was born in spring lol :P

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Winter, because I love snow, no school for two weeks, and christmas, even though my parents are the biggest cheapskates in the history of mankind.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2