It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Relationships 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So, most of us have been in a relationship. Or have had a someone we really want to be in a relationship with.
Say you're in a new relationship and want to brag, or just want to share the relationship you're currently in with the forum-goers on this site. Or maybe ask for help about a relationship, or get some help starting one. The people here on psypoke have shown to be much more considerate of each other than expected, so why not share?

well homecoming is just next week. and that'll be our 4th (maybe 5th.. don't quite pay attention) week of school. kind of early, but it's whatever. I have a date so far, but I still need a fancy tie!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have a new relationship in my new school with my new friends, and lucky me, most of my friends have the same hobbies with me.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

<offtopic> I saw all the "cancerous" replies to this thread, and had to leave the computer for a while. When i returned, this thread had been cleaned up. Good job, and welcome back to the domain of healthy threads, thread </offtopic>

Well there's definitely someone I'd like to get in a relationship with, but I don't think she sees me as a viable ANYTHING other than a friend to talk about anime with. I'm nerdy and short (taller than she is, though), which can be a bad combination (I assume) when people judge whether or not you're relationship material. I usually open up to closer friends, but with her, we don't talk much apart from funny stories about school, pokemon, or anime/manga. We only see each other for 10 minutes a day, so I've pretty much figured that I don't have much of a chance with her at this point. Any suggestions, forum?

Also, the major problem with me being able to go out with someone before college is my parents. They want me to focus on school, whatever, and they don't see the appeal to dating, then breaking up, whatever. Also, I have almost no time to burn with my schedule this school year as it is.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PowerPeanut wrote:
Any suggestions, forum?

Yes, i think you sould just go and make the effort to talk to her as much as you can. Try and show her you're interested in her a lot more than she thinks. An you said you only see her for about 10 mins each day, well maybe you could try and arrange seeing each other a bit more out of school (Assuming that's how you see her). If she likes you even as a friend, she'd be happy to and maybe that could give you the chance you need to try and get closer to her. You also said that you hardly have much time to burn with your school schedule as it is, well, if you really liked her you'd try and use what little time you have to your advantage and to get to know her more.

And all that about School..Bull. I've had a few relationships whilst i've been at school and to be honset it doesn't affect you at all. If anything, if you end up breaking up with someone school helps take your mind off it, not the other way around (and even if it did, with friends about you at school they also help take your mind off it).

As for me:

Well, i've been in a relationship for about 2 and a half weeks now with this girl i've liked for ages. We used to date a while back but it didn't really work and only lasted three weeks *thumbs down*. But i think we might be able to make things work this time. =) We're starting College next Tuesday and i would get to see her pretty much everyday which is a good thing considering i usually only get to see her every other day. But i think the relationship is going pretty strong at the moment so i cannot complain.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I had a girlfriend when I was 13 but I was too shy to kiss her. I didn't know how. We broke up after two months. ;p

I had plenty of chances to get into more relationships, with guys or girls, but was still too shy.

I've been in one for the last 13 months though.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Part of a post I made oin this thread was on topic, but the other part wasn't to the mods deleted it. [/off-topic]
Anyways, I have a crush on this girl, but it's proboably nothing. I actually know more than most people at my school about actual relationships, because I watch comedy. I know almost every relationship situation, but I'm not the best, because I'm not the most experianced.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sadly, I'm not the kind of girl that guys want to go out with. I have no idea why... :(

EDIT: Makin' some grammatical fixes...

Last edited by Everlasting Sapphire on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Steel_Eel:
To be fair, for a relationship you don't really need experience. You just need to know your partner. And you have a point about watching comedys...I know quite a lot of situations thanks to comedy channels.

Everlasting Sapphire:
Sorry what? So you're the kind of girl that guys want to go out with? Sorry, if i read it wrong.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@Steel_Eel. Wireless Brain is right. I have been in a relationship for a month now, and i haven't been in many before. you don't need to be experienced. Otherwise none of us would be good with relationships. you just need to go for it, and hopefully it will work out.
Friends are a great resource. If you have the right friends, asking out a girl can be much easier than you think. I know with my girlfriend I wasn't sure if she liked me back, but my friends (who are girls, thank god) were asking her, and just acting like it's simple girl talk rather than trying to make sure it'll work out for me.

@Everlasting Sapphire. I'm going to suppose you mean guys don't like you, with the sad face and all. but anyways, i'm sure a guy does like you. Everyone has someone that likes them, unless they just push themselves away from everyone and are very introverted. (I think thats the word) you may have not found that guy yet, but trust me, you will.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
Friends are a great resource. If you have the right friends, asking out a girl can be much easier than you think. I know with my girlfriend I wasn't sure if she liked me back, but my friends (who are girls, thank god) were asking her, and just acting like it's simple girl talk rather than trying to make sure it'll work out for me.

Yes, how did i forget to mention this. Exactly the case for me being the fact one of my really good friends was friends with my girlfriend (before we were dating) and it helped a lot the fact we had a friend in common:
1) Excuse to meet up more. (Considering we didn't go to the same school~which isn't a problem anymore since we're going to the same college)
2) She confided in my friend that she liked me.
3) She also asked my friend if i liked her (To which he said 'yes').
But it is really helpful if your friends are friends with the girl/guy you like.

Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, i'm having major relationship trouble. Ok. A while ago, after high school, I go out, get an apartment with friends and find a boy friend that I thought I liked a lot. But, we loose the apartment because no one other then me wants to pay and then I'm pregnant. I have my baby and find one of my ex boyfriends on facebook. We start hanging out and I date him. He's a nice guy and all. But we dated twice in high school and that didn't go too well because he has aspergers and i'm not very patient. So... We were talking about marriage yesterday, as a general topic and he told me he would marry me if he didn't think I would say no. Now, I've known him for 6 years, and we were always better friends in my opinion, but, I don't know. He didn't ditch me when I had my daughter and is there for me. We fight a lot though. I tend to have a short fuse and he always needs to ask a million questions about how I feel because he can't understand emotion too well.

It's weird... Any advice?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I've never seen myself as particularly appealing to women, I don't get girls flirting with me much, and when I do, I don't believe it so much that I don't do anything about it :P but why don't girls like me? who wouldn't like this?

lol, but seriously though, talk about girls being like buses, you wait your whole life for one to come along, then they all show up at once :P I'm in a relationship with two girls, as in I want to ditch the first one to be with the second one but haven't told the first one yet, I'm flirting with the best friend of a girl that I've been in love with for a year but she never liked me but recently told me that she broke up with her boyfriend, and according to girls, that means she likes me....and I'm going on a date tomorrow with a pretty Circassian.

if you think I'm lying, I wish I was :O

Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zombie wrote:
I've never seen myself as particularly appealing to women, I don't get girls flirting with me much, and when I do, I don't believe it so much that I don't do anything about it :P but why don't girls like me? who wouldn't like this?

Is that you? Then i will be surprised.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lol, yeah alas it is XD why would you be surprised? :O

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Simple, change the clothes, the glasses, and make it a little younger and you have my image, seriously.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I am about to, hopefully, get my first college girlfriend. She is pretty cool plays Magic is an Otaku. Broke the ice last night at a Magic tournament. Though we are to start off as friends, I do plan to take it to the girlfriend level.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
So I am about to, hopefully, get my first college girlfriend. She is pretty cool plays Magic is an Otaku. Broke the ice last night at a Magic tournament. Though we are to start off as friends, I do plan to take it to the girlfriend level.

AWWW! Curse you! Anyways, most people have a certain type of girl/guy that they like. So, I'm compelled to ask, what's your type?

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I honestly don't have a type. I'm not gonna lie, i've always wished that my girlfriend likes pokemon, just because I play it a lot and I don't want her to think i'm a nerd or anything, but of course, my current girlfriend knows NOTHING about pokemon. She knows who Ash and Pikachu are. Thats it. lmao. I hope to educate her and get her into it, but I don't know. XD

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really have a type either, and i think i like someone who cares about another people, and likes to help others, and not emotional. And one more thing, i never did have a girlfriend.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

freezdeath wrote:
It's weird... Any advice?

Don't marry him.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't want to determine a certain "type", because then I'll have set a certain standard for myself and subconciously turn down any girl who falls short of it. I just don't want a girl who's high on drama, I want a girl who doesn't fall to peices over anything I say or do or don't say or don't do :/

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My type in a guy /girl is someone who will take me for who I am. So in essence someone who is kind and understanding

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I normally seek shy type girls, but I don't turn down a girl that isn't my type. I'm optimistic.
shinashu taji wrote:
My type in a guy /girl is someone who will take me for who I am. So in essence someone who is kind and understanding

Most people don't accept me for who I am, so I totally agree.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

good news, I have a girlfriend :) got to holding hands, next date we're hoping for a first kiss. :)

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:47 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, congratulations, Zombie, and good luck with your next date. Anyway, my relationship has been changed since i don't live with my parents anymore. We still talked through phones however.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next