It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Type Test! 
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

It has literally been years since we last had one of these topics. I was going through some old Facebook stuff the other day when I noticed a TypingChallenge application that I had added the summer previous. I always find these pretty fun and got around to playing with it some more, and it reminded me of a topic on the forums once upon a time.

Anyway, since not everyone has a Facebook, use http://www.typingtest.com/ to test. I'm curious to see how the current Psypoke community fares on the keyboard (hopefully better than last time :P).

I got: 121 WPM, 2 errors, adjusted to 119 WPM.

Edit: I was using the "Test Instructions" test (I find that one to be the easiest) for 1 minute.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm horrible at typing really fast. If I do then my errors skyrocket. Anyway I got 72 WPM, 9 errors, adjusted to 63 words a minute. If it helps any at all I set the time limit to only one minute, and used the Wonderful Wizard of Oz excerpt.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:37 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

For some reason, I am just awful at typing. 58 WPM, 2 errors, adjusted to 56 WPM. This really hurts me when it comes to exams or tests that must be typed. I can never answer as much as I would like to in the alotted time. Seeing the numbers, I really should make an effort to improve :(

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
37 WPM, two errors, adjusted speed is 35 WPM. -_-' Do you 'horrible' typers feel better now? Although.. I type much faster when I know what to type, like in a post, not when I have to remember what some one else is telling me what to type.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I went for two minutes, Aesop's Fables. Result is: 57 WPM, 3 errors = 56 WPM. Not too bad. Just above average. But now I understand how Serpentsounds beat the crap out of us at the trivia :razz:

Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:28 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

rex09 wrote:
But now I understand how Serpentsounds beat the crap out of us at the trivia :razz:

Of course! I am definitely putting in the effort now! :p

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I scored 96 WPM with two errors (94 overall.)

Not horrible but it annoys me that I didn't beat OP's score. It's pretty a pretty disappointing score when I've been typing (the right way) for about ten years.

Out of curiosity, what hand does everyone shift/space with? I always use my left hand; even for letters on the left side of the keyboard. I'm sitting here trying to use my right hand for shift, but it's really hard for me. I definitely can't shift any letters on the right side of the keyboard and I have to think to stop myself from automatically using my left hand.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I slide my left pinky from 'a' to 'Shift' to use it. I always hit 'Space' with my right thumb.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Serpentsounds wrote:
I slide my left pinky from 'a' to 'Shift' to use it. I always hit 'Space' with my right thumb.

I do the exact same thing. Its just been a force of habit ever since I started typing.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

41 WPM, but no errors. 3 minutes on the Zebra script.

I normally only use my right hand to type, but if i'm doing something speed related or something I use my right hand for both Shift and Space. The only time I ever use the left Shift key si if I'm typing one handed and need a capital A or something.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1 minute

23 words per minute, 14 errors= 9wpm. Woot. I do a lot better when Im not having to look at words on the screen......

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First time in a while I've done these.

125 WPM, 53 errors, 72 WPM (adjusted speed)

I go really fast, but of I make like a million errors = (This was 1 minute on test instructions)
Oh and I don't use standard touch typing positions (I don't put my fingers on asdf/jkl;). I shift my hands to where the correct letters are (usually hitting like five other letters in the process).'

edit: tried again, 132 WPM, 33 errors, 99 WPM adjusted speed. Still too many errors but a lot better than '53 errors' lol

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Last edited by Ace on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Ace wrote:

Were you using your fingers or your face?

Edit: I took it a couple more times out of boredom and ended up getting 121 wpm, 2 errors -> 119wpm.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ace wrote:

I go really fast, but of I make like a million errors = (This was 1 minute on test instructions)
Oh and I don't use standard touch typing positions (I don't put my fingers on asdf/jkl;). I shift my hands to where the correct letters are (usually hitting like five other letters in the process).'

edit: tried again, 132 WPM, 33 errors, 99 WPM adjusted speed. Still too many errors but a lot better than '53 errors' lol

I demand you be tested for typing enhancing drugs.

Second go around-

22wpm->7 errors-> adjusted speed 15 wpm.

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:51 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Ace wrote:

I find it's a lot easier to stay accurate if you just type at 90% speed or so. Limiting yourself a bit will save you time overall, since in any other situation you'd have to go back and fix all that anyway. Fixing 30-50 errors per minute just...isn't time efficient. :P

Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Had some free time today and retried it because 33 errors was just too high for me. I finally realized that the capital letters count (lol), so now I have less errors (while trying to maintain high speed).

134 WPM, 19 errors. 115 Adjusted speed.
(19 is still high, but this was my best in adjusted speed. I had two or three other goes with only about 9 errors but with 120-ish WPM)

Serpentsounds wrote:
I find it's a lot easier to stay accurate if you just type at 90% speed or so. Limiting yourself a bit will save you time overall, since in any other situation you'd have to go back and fix all that anyway. Fixing 30-50 errors per minute just...isn't time efficient. :P

I find it difficult to slow down (for some reason). This is probably why I get so many errors.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]