It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 How Old Are You? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

goldenquagsire wrote:
Quote:
I'm 13 but much smarter than the average thirteen year old. Most of my friends are idiots (or at least to me)

Aw, how adorable! I was just like that at 13. Trust me, you'll grow out of it.

Ugh, I hate when people say that. I also hate being called adorable. My friend, who is the same age as me, called my taste in girls cute, and I nearly threw my phone out of the bus window.

Also, I have a much mature taste in music. I like classic rock, and I'm always listening to classic rock on Pandora radio.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:49 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

When I was 13 nobody had cellphones.

Feels bad man.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:

Feels bad man.

Yeah, sorry. You still had things to throw. There has always been things to throw.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Tom wrote:
I am now 25 and joined this community over 10 years ago. My interest in Pokemon diminished 5 or 6 years ago, but I still pop in occasionally.

I myself have had a reformed addiction for several years, since the Hoenn anime roughly. I do not watch it anymore and do not play the games nearly as additively, mostly when I am out of the house where I will not have my laptop.

Krisp wrote:

Feels bad man.

Same here I am pretty sure I was a freshman in high school when I got my first one.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
Ugh, I hate when people say that. I also hate being called adorable. My friend, who is the same age as me, called my taste in girls cute, and I nearly threw my phone out of the bus window.

it's a matter of perspective! to a 17 year old, most 13 year olds are adorable because they remind us of our own mistakes at that age.

Quote:
Also, I have a much mature taste in music. I like classic rock, and I'm always listening to classic rock on Pandora radio.

this isn't 'mature', it just means that you steal CDs from your dad.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

goldenquagsire wrote:
Quote:

it's a matter of perspective! to a 17 year old, most 13 year olds are adorable because they remind us of our own mistakes at that age.

Quote:

this isn't 'mature', it just means that you steal CDs from your dad.

Yeah. You're right. I guess my fake superiority is one of those mistakes. My music isn't really more mature.

I usually don't tell my age to people. They treat me more like a child when I tell them I'm 13, mainly because most 13 year-olds are less than mature. I really shouldn't have told people my age on Psypoke, but It's too late now. My friends are normally high-schoolers who treat me indifferently.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
Birthday : April 15

:D Same birthday, except you have 7 years on me, lol.

Most of my friends are sophomores and juniors.. a few seniors. but barely any freshman, because almost my whole class is annoying as hell. People always say they hate the freshmans now more than they ever have before, because our class is so annoying. and I must agree, I wish I was older and could get away from them. I'm not saying i'm too mature for them, but they're level of doucheness is incomprehensible, its insanity.

And phone's have been out for a while for me, but I didn't get one til a couple of months ago. I never thought it was quite fair, and took the whole "your too young for a cell phone" deal a little too far, in my opinion. But looking at the 10 year olds with cell phones makes me want to just rip it out of their hands and smash it for being unnecessary.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, in August I turned 16; I was 15 when I joined Psypoke in March, and i gotta say, i love being here :3

My first game was Sapphire; my first pokemon was Treecko, and i got that game when it first came out, but i don't remember how old i was (someone can probably figure it out for me, lol).

@S_E: as long as you act more mature than the average 13-year old, you should be fine. here, just make appropriate posts and contribute.

@M_B: yeah, the freshmen and the sophomores at my school are kinda douchey. mostly cuz i live in a rich kids' neighborhood, and these kids are so f******* spoiled. but i get what you mean :-D

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Birthday:April 20

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
But looking at the 10 year olds with cell phones makes me want to just rip it out of their hands and smash it for being unnecessary.

Tell me about it; childhood died with the nineties. :(

As for friends, most of mine when I was a kid were younger kids, but since my best friend Max in the fifth grade(whom I have never seen or heard from again since that year) all my friends are pretty much the same age as myself. I am the oldest, six months on my best friend is the farthest.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Steel_Eel wrote:
I usually don't tell my age to people. They treat me more like a child when I tell them I'm 13, mainly because most 13 year-olds are less than mature. I really shouldn't have told people my age on Psypoke, but It's too late now. My friends are normally high-schoolers who treat me indifferently.

same here exept replace the 13 with 12 and 2/3

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Saying you're mature pretty much proves you're not. I'd say that to someone older than me if they started boasting about being 'mature', but older people dont do it, because its immature.

edit: oops, i posted my age already last page. never mind. :o

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Patchy wrote:
Saying you're mature pretty much proves you're not. I'd say that to someone older than me if they started boasting about being 'mature', but older people dont do it, because its immature.

edit: oops, i posted my age already last page. never mind. :o

You are also right. Sorry if I offended you.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:19 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm 22 and act like I'm 12. I'm not very mature.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My american history teacher has assigned us age groups... I am an 8 year old, but it's better than the kid next to me who's 5. :D but then the girl in front of me is like considered 25 even though outside of class shes more childish than I am. >:0

Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Magikarps_Beast wrote:
My american history teacher has assigned us age groups... I am an 8 year old, but it's better than the kid next to me who's 5. :D but then the girl in front of me is like considered 25 even though outside of class shes more childish than I am. >:0

What is this grouping for?

Me, I have already disclosed that I am 23 will be 24 in November; but you would never believe that looking at me in person I look very young for my age, no younger than 16. I get mistaken for being younger than I am often and my mom has expressed recently that my trouble getting a job may have in part to do with my kiddish looking face(although I have a job now in her office).

Once when I was 16, a dental hygienist asked me my age while in an x-ray chair because she had honestly thought 16 was a typo on my chart due to how young I look.

When I was eighteen my late father took me to a Bingo hall where I was asked to show ID to different workers three times that night because I appeared underage.

Oddly I do not get many of these incidences now; in fact when I went to see Sweeney Todd with a friend(great film and one of my favorite Johnny Depp roles) she was asked for her ID due to the R rating which she did not have and after a few moments of sorting it out with the ticket man and getting by I took my turn but was not asked for mine. It might have been because I mentioned having mine during her incident which would have been an idiotic thing to have said had I been underage. It was still quite strange though seeing as I am used to ensuring my age for my young appearance. I think that had been the first time I had not had to.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Patchy wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say it's immature to state one is mature, but usually the rule is if you have to say you are, you aren't. Restaurants that advertise "gourmet food" usually do so because they need to convince people otherwise, as if their actions don't speak well enough for themelves (ie they don't actually make "gourmet food").

Steel_Eel wrote:
lol What is this? You won't please everyone. Do you really agree with him or are you trying to be agreeable? If I were you, I'd tell Patchy to go to hell. Although, if you did that, I might laugh and then have to kick your ass. O:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DatVu wrote:

Steel_Eel wrote:
lol What is this? You won't please everyone. Do you really agree with him or are you trying to be agreeable? If I were you, I'd tell Patchy to go to hell. Although, if you did that, I might laugh and then have to kick your ass. O:

I was just trying to be agreeable. I don't think I could win an argument with anyone older than me. I am just having a rough couple of weeks, and this whole mess is not making them better.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i'm fifteen, and i think i was eleven or twelve when i signed up here, i dont remember. its was like, a week before my birthday though.

honestly, i'm not amazingly into pokemon anymore (i haven't finished platinum, let alone heartgold), and was never amazing at it. i like the community here, and i guess thats why so many members age here - the forum isn't really pokemon centered entirely, and in general, we have a lot more mature members than most other pokemon fansites just because of that. i guess. idk.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll be 20 in less than a month. I found this site forever ago with my best friend who is far more active than I ever have been.
This has got to be the first time I've been on in quite a while and the first time I've posted in much longer.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

RedRum wrote:
Magikarps_Beast wrote:
My american history teacher has assigned us age groups... I am an 8 year old, but it's better than the kid next to me who's 5. but then the girl in front of me is like considered 25 even though outside of class shes more childish than I am. >:0

What is this grouping for?

Grouping us by our immaturity, nothing special. Lol. But we get treated better if we act more mature, and we get to be assigned a higher age group. It's a strange system he just started because apparently our class is just that immature. I beg to differ. I know people who were much less mature than me at my age.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am 17 ^_^, birthday is Aug 10, 93. And proud if it.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

kissi13 wrote:

Lucky! I was born the same year, on Dec. 6. That makes me 16. Argh! I seriously did not know that High Schoolers like me are free enough to be on Psypoke!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

With being busy with FFA and highschool I do make time for my pokemon and my psypoke ^_^
torchie13125 wrote:
kissi13 wrote:

Lucky! I was born the same year, on Dec. 6. That makes me 16. Argh! I seriously did not know that High Schoolers like me are free enough to be on Psypoke!

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

freezdeath wrote:
I'm 20, about to turn 21 on oct. 5th. I started playing pokemon when red version first came out, stopped when ruby and saphire came out and just started playing HGSS about 4 months ago.

I joined this site about a month ago. LOL

Whoa! I know I should be posting this in the B-Day thread, but we missed his 21st B-Day! It must be big for him.
If you ever see this, happy late birthday!
~torchie13125
(I'm still 16 :( I don't turn 17 until December 6.)

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next