Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What makes us tick? 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:56 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
DatVu wrote:
"If your"

If "you're"

If you are not

Jesus Christ... wtf?!

"YOUR" IS POSSESSIVE!

Wow, was that really neccessary, I see it now, wasn't really paying it much attention since I though I was being targeted for no reason...
It's changed now already, geez...

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Um, DatVu, don't you think that you're a little overreacted?

Yes, clearly, but I bet she wouldn't admit it...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

B-Mac wrote:
In order to save the mods and admins from further trouble of deleting posts and possibly banning users, why don't we just state what makes us mad so we can avoid the flame?

Be honest, people won't actually be considerate enough to change what they have to say just because this topic explains what people should avoid saying. This is just going to turn into justification for getting angry at someone when they are offended by a certain post.

To be on topic, what that guy said about logical fallacies pretty much sums up my pet peeves

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sometimes when a child is wrong, a parent scolds him. When a child is wrong again, a parent might yell at him. Occasionally, when a child further ignores rules, a parent might beat him. I don't find it unnecessary, unreasonable, or irrational to be so upset when I read others who are native English speakers and still make "their" or "your" errors, despite being told so many times in life the correct way. Honestly, I think my anger is far less than what most deserve.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK, i get it now. Maybe you see so many people that make those errors, and it ticks you off, right?

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

People make a lot of errors, but it also seems that no one cares either. That's frustrating.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, sometimes if it did happened to me it also ticks me off too.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DatVu wrote:
Sometimes when a child is wrong, a parent scolds him. When a child is wrong again, a parent might yell at him. Occasionally, when a child further ignores rules, a parent might beat him. I don't find it unnecessary, unreasonable, or irrational to be so upset when I read others who are native English speakers and still make "their" or "your" errors, despite being told so many times in life the correct way. Honestly, I think my anger is far less than what most deserve.

Okay but I wasn't told "so many times" the correct way cause after learning it in school I always knew it from then on but sometimes things just happen meaning that the error was just a very rare occasion for me so yes it was very irrational or unnecessary indeed...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DatVu wrote:
People make a lot of errors, but it also seems that no one cares either. That's frustrating.

That's what has been bothering me lately, almost no freshmen in my high school really care about what they say or write. I can see people using text speak while texting,(u no? LOL, OMG, that sort of stuff) but when they write that way on an essay it sort of aggravates me. I kind of am a hypocrite in this statement, because I use w/ for with, w/o for without and b/c for because when I write, but I actually ask my teacher if I can do that beforehand instead of writing entire paragraphs which would make spell check have a heart attack.

current party in HG:
{typhlosion} {quagsire} {crobat} {tyranitar} {honchkrow} {gyarados}
If you want to find me outside of Psypoke, you can find me on the pokemon lab server, look for steamroll. They will also be updating to the Gen V metagame soon so that will be worth checking out, too.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What makes me tick? Well, other than people who let threads die and making mods yell at innocent newbies for reviving old threads, my homework. That's right. My homework. It's 12:30 AM my time (East Coast of America), and well, it's ridiculous! I'd rather be asleep by now, but a half and essay is still bugging me. Oh, and a couple of formal (typed) labs. And lots of math pages too. (you know what, screw math right now.)

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if i could give a tips for doing the paper, you should get to sleep really early, preferably 19.00 at the minimum, and 20.30 at the maximum. And wake up really early, like 02.00 or 03.00, and do your paper. Usually, after you woke up, you will be fresher than if you do your paper before you sleep. Just make sure you sleep enough and you'll be fine.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DatVu wrote:

I feel YOUR pain, DatVu

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I also need to say this:
My brother deleting random folders and files on my labtop every time I leave it on to go to the bathroom ticks me off. Good thing he only deletes shortcuts...

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

torchie13125 wrote:
My brother deleting random folders and files on my laptop every time I leave it on to go to the bathroom ticks me off. Good thing he only deletes shortcuts...

Wow, now that's what i called a really annoying thing that ever happened to me. Fortunately, i have a password that i always keep it secret. And nobody know about the password, except my cousin who sometimes borrowed my laptop for her homework.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For me, I also feel your pain about homework, torchie, especially with research papers and lab reports. Then there is my family joking about boyfriends for me when I'm not even interested in boys at all!! In the forums, I dislike random spelling and grammar errors that are abundant here.

EDIT: bugs annoy me big time too!

Sprite Collection

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hate my laptop randomly freezing when i need it the most.

Even Though Your Fire Burns
It Rains Inside Me,
My Love For You Will Never Die
Please Come And Set Me Free.

The Amber Mine wrote:
hahahaha olo XD so funnzy

I hate myself...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Lawence Codye wrote:
DatVu wrote:

Okay but I wasn't told "so many times" the correct way cause after learning it in school I always knew it from then on but sometimes things just happen meaning that the error was just a very rare occasion for me so yes it was very irrational or unnecessary indeed...

All right I understand but next time I want you to know that in English or any language really there is a such thing as punctuation it isnt fake it helps create pauses mentally in written ideas and coherency in communication not to say that its extremely important but you might want to consider it sometime...

Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Besides loud eaters, I hate it when people use wrong your/you're.
I wouldn't let DatVu talk to me like that though. O:

And I hate when people use words in the wrong context. If you dont know how to use a big word, look it up or use a smaller one. Does the English language have such a velocity that there is just a bit too much sesquipedalia among people to use a thesaurus?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:15 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DatVu wrote:
All right I understand but next time I want you to know that in English or any language really there is a such thing as punctuation it isnt fake it helps create pauses mentally in written ideas and coherency in communication not to say that its extremely important but you might want to consider it sometime...

Alright I understood like a long time ago & as for the punctuation thing I will just ignore that as it doesn't apply to me as far as I'm concerned, really...

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Oooh, let's see:
1)Ignorance
2)Greediness
3)Selfishness
4)Meanness
5)People who have a sense of superiority for no reason
6)Laziness
7)People who like to curse for no good reason
8)Bad Grammar
9)False accusors, especially when the accused is innocent and they know it
10)Racism
11)People who hate others for no good reason, like for their speech, race, religion, etc.
12)Short tempers
13)Hyppocrates

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Edoc'sil wrote:
8)Bad Gramar

are you sure??

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Sorry about that. I'd have called myself a hypocrite, I hate those too.

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Speaking of bad spelling, which is also on my list of things that annoy me, it's spelled hypocrite with 1 p.
Some more things that get on my nerves:
1. My brother
2. Little things that seem out of place and somehow bother me until they are fixed
3. Writing essays
4. Having too much to do in little time

Sprite Collection

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*facepalm* Kill me now.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No worries. People who say they are sorry for something they did do not annoy me unless they say it a million times.

Sprite Collection

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next