It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What is the world coming to? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is this seriously the future? I just bandwagoned some British prick because he used 9/11 and the Newtown Elementary School shootings as an excuse to take a potshot at the American Dream on YouTube. First off, if I ever meet him irl, I'm punting his head over 9000 yards for being horribly disrespectful. Secondly, I also read that a man (convicted rapist, mutilator of women, lucky douche bag) got 6 months, not 16, for convicted rape.
Why?
Because the judge believed that, since his victim didn't resist much, he shouldn't have to pay that much.
My result: Throw the judge in jail for 16 months, sentence the man to death.
Seriously, how much ignorance and arrogance can someone have to do any of these things? Is it that bad nowadays that no one has enough compassion to give, but enough hatred to piss off people online to the point of definite violence if the two ever meet irl? Or that people are that stupid as to take personal opinion as fact?
I don't know anymore. As far as I see, I give up. I'm having one of those "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" moments because it's just injustice everywhere.

Goodbye
"

Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah...
I would say something of the 'You're not that perfect yourself' sh**, but unfortunately you're right. We just discussed this with my English teacher the other day, and the only thing that came to mind as an explanation was that Einstein quote:
Quote:
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first.

What a great guy Einstein was...
Still, though, this can happen to anyone. I have sometimes become an a****** in the net myself. And Samurott, no offense, but you too are pretty annoying sometimes.
And as a matter of fact, isn't this topic a lot like your 'Has anyone else noticed this?' in the same forum? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bah... just ignore these guys.
You have more value than them, and you know it.

And of course, Samurott can be annoying, but I like him the way he is! ;)
No need to change, stay yourself, we like different people!

Back on topic: This guy will pay for what he did, I believe in karma. (Or something like that...)

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
And as a matter of fact, isn't this topic a lot like your 'Has anyone else noticed this?' in the same forum? Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is nothing new, half of the threads he creates are rant threads. But there's still no need to be hatin' on him.

But relevant to the topic at hand, I find it appalling as well that people can get away with things like that. People have all become so accustomed to mindless violence that it's beginning to impact them less and less, to the point where criminals aren't punished nearly as harshly.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

No, to clarify, the aforementioned topic I made because I was starting to get fed up with a lack of basic and desireable social norms and horrible use of grammar in type. This topic is about how it seems that people are self-centered, "their word is law," stereotypical people who have no sense of compassion. What I guess I should have said was something along the lines of "How is it that people are so driven by opinions and personal beliefs that thay are blind to basic human emotions such as compassion, sympathy, and order?"

Goodbye
"

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, OK. And I never said I hate Samurott. I actually like his hatred of everyone bad internet users.
Back on topic, problem isn't only how accustomed people are to violence. It's also how easy it is to avoid the consequences. Hire a good lawyer, and he is sure to find some loophole which will allow you to get away with anything. Or pay someone for false evidence. Or even pay the judge. The hard part in this cases is not what to do, but which method to choose.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The outlook seems grim. I could rant about why that is the case for a long while, but I have work to do.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Every hardship or horror is a stepping stone for another. Yes, these things are absolutely horrible. But these things are expected to happen. For every right there's a million wrongs, and that's just how life works. I sympathize with you Samoo, and I understand. Don't let it get to you, though. Just be the better man. I'm not saying you, or any of us are "just as bad". I think we just need to use the knowledge of the event to improve. As the King said...

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror..."

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well it's certainly not coming to its end, I can tell you that.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:

Yep, 8:30 and still alive.... Fail day.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

twistedturtwig wrote:

I honestly totally forgot. Lulz.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I never cared to begin with. Destruction of this not-really-a-world sounds great, but only war-maniacs wielding atom bombs can do it, at least physically speaking.
Back on topic. Let's just face it. Unlike to what the Bible says, people don't really seem to have any reason. I mean, look at my country (Greece if you don't know). We had a bunch of politicians so terrible that a guy once said "I don't need sex. The government f**** me every day." But apart from that, we also had 2 million people who took huge loans, only used credit cards, bought a villa and a Porsche and then suddenly realized that they can't repay their loans. Mot**********. And now we have Golden Dawn, a party whose members think Hitler was the greatest guy to walk on earth and who also happen to be popular with 10%(!!!) of the population.
What is the world coming to? Nowhere. It has already come to its end. 'Cos this is not a world anymore.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

^^Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe a Greek has the right to state when a government is screwing its people over. No offense to you, ChillBill. I just remembered that Greece is having enormous economical problems.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Drago_Girl? Wow, I thought you had disappeared forever.
I'm definitely not offended. Our government sucks, but civilians suck too. We're a sucking nation. Hooray for those who brought the light of civilisation in the world etc etc.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And democracy, for that matter. That's okay, it doesn't seem that any major democratic/republic country is failing right now... Oh wait...

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Look. Everyone knows that this world is turning to poo. Everyone knows that the law is completely stuffed up. I mean the gun violence in America. Adam Lanza killing 20 kindergarteners. I just read the greatest fears section of this forum. Some of the fears were dying young. Those little kids had dreams and expectations they were only 5 and 6. They didn't even have a chance to live life enough to actually have fears. I just read on the news a woman beat her 7 year old son to death with a stick for not making any "progress" in school. A lot of people in this world just don't want to have any humanity. Abduction has gone up by 35% in the last 10 years. The fact they made a movie called Abduction (not even a documentary on abduction) is actually kind of sickening. All the war games that come out and are being stuffed into little kids minds are horrible. Only a little while ago the trailer came out for a game call Hitman Absolution. The motto of the game: How many lives will you take to save one. I mean, who gives them the right to put crap like that on games and mass consume it to kids that are only 12. No wonder Generation Y is turning bad. Teenage Pregnancy rates just keep rising. If kids my age have kids then those kids will grow up unnourished with knowledge and morals and will just repeat the process. THERE'S EVEN TWO SHOWS ABOUT IT!!! The fact that people need to scare other people with this end of the world crap. In my opinion we have three end of the world options global warming, the sun blinking out (not for four billion years) and Global war. What possessed scientists to make an A bomb. What are they going to do with it? Blow up Afghan. Destroy part of the moon? What's the point. Set your priorities and actually make some scientific progress! Cure Cancer! Stop global warming! Actually help some of the needy countries. Some People in Australia and America just sit on their asses playing video games 18 hours a day. These people are the obese, lazy citizens of tomorrow. Unfortunately this is the case. While many kids in Africa lose their parents and have no drinking water or food. All of these problems come from the acceptance of the population of Earth.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is not a problem on this website but on websites like facebook and youtube there's always a lot of extremists that say the most ridiculous things and to reason with them is a waste of time. They have problems and they will have to pay for them. Don't let them get you down. If someone you really know like your friend were to act that way, then it would be a bigger issue but as far as I know this 99% of the time happens strictly on the internet where people can say whatever they want in the safety of their locked dark room and bright shining screen.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Because when I rant, I research my major argument points, or bring to bear any prior knowledge of them.
*sigh*
James, you might want to get off the soap box. The A-bomb has been around since the 1940s. It was built out of an 'It's either them or us' scenario. It isn't a new phenomena.
As for teenage pregnancies, I will support you on that one. Anyone here who has watched 16 & Pregnant? The couple Tyler & Caitlyn (I think that's her name)? They lived in the same town I do. At least three classmates dropped out because they became pregnant. I HATE MTV!
Note: Violent games do not affect minds. Bad parenting skills do.
I am horribly offended, though, that you are short-sighted enough to go after gamers. They never did anything wrong to deserve your ignorant stereotype.
0_o get off my thread and take your accusations, stereotypes, and (assuming you are an American) your un-Americanness with you!

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I'm not going after the gamers. It's the people that make the games

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll try to not plan out some horrible mishap on your end, then. Since, to be fair, you were giving a low blow there to someone who holds video games in high regards, enough to make a carreer out of.
i.e. not scoring any brownie points

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Video games have major effects on children... Still, it's also the parents' fault who don't prevent this from happening.
The world simply is no more. It's the human nature that led to it. People are by nature selfish, arrogant, jealous and unfair. Add in the way many parents raise their children nowdays, and you've got the future. Bleak New World.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In my personal opinion, violent video games, such as Call of Duty shouldn't be allowed for young children to play. It's perfectly fine for teenagers and adults to okay those kind if games, as they're mature enough to play them, but five and six year old kids? Ridiculous. I volunteered as a camp counseler last summer, and two young brothers in my group completely misbehaved, hit other kids, never followed anyone's directions, and used the kind of words I hear coming out from other teenager's mouths. Lo and behold, their favorite game was Black Ops, and talked about playing it every day. I'm not blaming it completely on the game, I'm sure that their parents' parenting skills played a factor in that as well, but violent video games certainly have a generally bad effect on young kids.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
In my personal opinion, violent video games, such as Call of Duty shouldn't be allowed for young children to play. It's perfectly fine for teenagers and adults to okay those kind if games, as they're mature enough to play them, but five and six year old kids? Ridiculous. I volunteered as a camp counseler last summer, and two young brothers in my group completely misbehaved, hit other kids, never followed anyone's directions, and used the kind of words I hear coming out from other teenager's mouths. Lo and behold, their favorite game was Black Ops, and talked about playing it every day. I'm not blaming it completely on the game, I'm sure that their parents' parenting skills played a factor in that as well, but violent video games certainly have a generally bad effect on young kids.

:shock:
You are the first guy I "meet" with the same thoughts than me about video games and kids!!!
They should play pokemon instead, or any video games for their age, where they actually learn something...
I actually don't like these Call of Duty games... and I don't understand why it's so popular.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Because CoD is unexplainable. Blood, shooting, one of the biggest online games (that is, its online multiplayer), easy to play.
It's the best game ever! A mindless zombie could play it. </sarcasm>
Strategy games are much better. Take SOCOM or Warfighter. It's not gun porn (then again, CoD will never be considered the subgenre of FPS known as gun porn imo. It doesn't deserve it). It's more like a "Here is a beast gun that is totally over powered in game, but not irl. Besides, you will probably never ever get it as a civilian. It's called an LMG/Sniper Rifle/RPG!"
And, to finish this example of why Chechoski is a smart SOB for knowing how to captivate billions, I must add this:
No FPS is great until it utilizes the Frostbite 2 engine.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Because CoD is unexplainable. Blood, shooting, one of the biggest online games (that is, its online multiplayer), easy to play.
It's the best game ever! A mindless zombie could play it. </sarcasm>
Strategy games are much better. Take SOCOM or Warfighter. It's not gun porn (then again, CoD will never be considered the subgenre of FPS known as gun porn imo. It doesn't deserve it). It's more like a "Here is a beast gun that is totally over powered in game, but not irl. Besides, you will probably never ever get it as a civilian. It's called an LMG/Sniper Rifle/RPG!"
And, to finish this example of why Chechoski is a smart SOB for knowing how to captivate billions, I must add this:
No FPS is great until it utilizes the Frostbite 2 engine.

No offense, but I think I understood about 7 words out of that paragraph. I guess that's what happens when you never play an FPS. XD

I'll stick to my Pokemon, and my Minecraft, and my Professor Layton, thank you very much.

(Also GhostPony it's nice to know there's other guys out there who agree about all that stuff ;))

Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next