It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Movie Maker 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm looking for a movie making program that that I can get free for my Windows machine. I need to make a movie to impress some parents so there are a couple things I need it to do.

*No watermarking -- The last program that I had to use for school was a little bit of a hassle because it wasn't until I was finalizing the project did a watermark show up. It was annoying to say the least, but that's all I could use with my time restraints.

*Able to use AVI files -- My camera only makes these types of files and I don't really have a converter to fix this.

*Can export finished video into mp4 format -- Apparently Macintosh doesn't like AVI.

*Can use transitions and import mp3 files for use -- Less important, but defiantly a high desire.

*Can use audio-overlay -- Another less important feature, but would be very helpful.

*Can add-in text -- Also less important, but would be helpful.

I know it would be easier to but a video program at BestBuy or something, but if you know of a free one, that's great. If not, do you guys have any recommendations for ones I can buy for cheaper at a computer store?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

That depends on your definition of "free." Honestly, I don't familiarize myself with many free video editors because it's so easy to pirate high-end ones such as Sony Vegas.

If that's not a route you're willing to go, Google will be your best friend. It shouldn't be too difficult to find programs that accomplish what you need for free (for at least some amount of time). There are also trials available for programs such as Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere. I'm not certain on the watermarking status of said trials, though.

If you have trouble getting finished products in the correct format, just use a conversion program such as SUPER which will easily make use of the versatility of libraries like libvacodec and get you where you need to be.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would like to stay away from piracy if I can, but I won't rule it out. Sony Vegas doesn't seem too expensive either, so I might just buy it.

As for the converter, that would be awesome for all the AVI movies my parents have. Is SUPER free and is it just a piece of conversion software?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

If you get Sony Vegas from their official site, it is terribly expensive. I would never pay that price. :P

Yes, SUPER is completely free, and is just a piece of converting software with no strings attached. You can download it here at the bottom of the page.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cool, thanks. :)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]