It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Official How You Found Psypokes Thread! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It was an affy on pokedream, which I would usually use to look up pokemon and guides. I stills ometimes do, because it has the evolutionary chain on each pokemon's lookup, as well as the regular and shiny sprites from each game. *pokes avatar* Mew sprite from crystal ftw. But why isn't it moving?
But there's pop-ups adds for cursors and jusnk out the wazoo, some even the adblock won't block, which is annnoying because pop-ups are slow on my computer. SO glad neopets games aren't in seperate windows anymore.

Image (by Ender)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Last year (when I was getting hooked on a borrowed copy of FR) I needed to find some info on evolving some pokemon or other. So, I tried a Google search on it and found Psypokes. I've been reading info on it ever since. But now that I am going through HG I thought I'd join the forums. Y'all may be stuck with me now. ;-)

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My friends and I were sitting and talking about pokemon, when Diamond and Pearl came up. Back then, all anybody knew about was that there are two new games comming out. My friends knew most of the pokemon that had been released, and I asked them how they knew. They told me to go to Psypokes. I only joined the forums recently, mainly because I am lazy. ~Steel~

Thu May 20, 2010 6:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm sure I have an interesting story about how I came upon Psypokes...

...but I can't remember it. Oh well.

Thu May 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

when diamond and pearl were about to come out, i wanted to figure out which starter looked like what, which was best, etc. so i google imaged "diamond and pearl pokemon." (what, i pick my first starter in every gen by looks) Lo and behold, i got about fifteen images of turtwig, piplup, and chimchar; also, their various evolutions; and arceus and giratina, in both normal and shiny forms. i started to look at the urls, and realized that somehow psypokes was a common one- and had a sprite and everything. this led me to the psydex. once there, i discovered guides and forums and everything... plus, it had news updates. my parents wouldn't let me join until recently, which is when i started contributing instead of spectating on the forums. and, well, here i am!!! lol

Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I googled "Cute pokemon that turn into total badasses" and I got a pokelist that had some hilarious details about some Pokemon. And here I am.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

hmm well my friend and i were looking for a complete walkthrough on platinum and a good pokedex since then we were only getting in to the pokemon ds games so after that i decided to join the forum to see what kind of community it is :)

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Cinnabar Island - Cinnabar Mansion, chilling with the fire pokemon.
Looked up some Glitches for Blue/Red/Yellow Version, and also a walk-through for Pokemon Emerald in order to 'catch em all' (See what I did there? lol) and here I am... Well.. The main site. After a year or so, I decided to join the forums since I have the time on my hands for it. =]

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

browsing on the tinternet for pkmn help and came acroos it, changed me for good lol

Check out my trading forum: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=31150&p=496756#p496756

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My friend had used it for a while and then he told me about it. After a few months on the main site i noticed the Forums and joined up.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm the same as a few other people in that when Diamond and Pearl came out I wanted to know about the pokemon and since i couldn't get my hands on a paper guide i decided to use google. The first one I came across was not even worth mentioning because the site was a nightmare and the information is incomprehensible. I got curious about finding shiny pokemon because I just like to torture myself and since the other site had no such explanation I found psypoke.

After lurking for a good long while I registered because I wanted to share my results about chaining, I mean my luck was so bad I felt others deserved a good laugh :P

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My friend told me about this place so I joined and here I am now

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

After receiving Sapphire for Christmas a year or two a go I Couldn't figure out how to get through Wallace's gym so I looked on Google and found Psypoke after a couple of months I eventually joined the forums.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:24 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I stumbled on it once on Google and found it to be useful. I used it for information and walk through before I signed up this month.
Not bad, I say. It's fun.
Little hard to read sometimes though.
Dark background, dark writing, or small.
But aside from I like it.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I found this site through the affiliates section of Pokémon Dream.

Man, that was so many years ago...

It was during the tail-end of Generation III, when the only Gen IV Pokémon known were the ones showcased in the movies, and the section read "Pearl Diamond".

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I thought I already responded to this topic?
Anyway, I found Psypoke through randomly Googling "Online Pokedex" on a sunny day in March 2010. The result? This and Pokecharms. I tried Pokecharms first, and didn't really like it that much. So I backtracked and came to the Psydex and immediately fell in love with it. About 2 months later, I realized that there was forums (and I think that Greatest character contest thing was starting up, or something like that). So I joined, and here I am now.

Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Before I was using Pokedream (well I was just a guest and never signed up or anything) and I couldnt find some info of some sort, so I googled it up and eventually found a page to Psypoke. And eventually I got all my info here. But I had been a long time guest here (even before HG/SS release) and never signed up until recently.

Tue May 03, 2011 1:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I just randomly looked up embrace of gardevoir and............ well... yeah

Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

when i was about 9 or 10, i searched for more info on Charizard. Ive been here ever since

Sun May 08, 2011 7:21 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I just remember searching something like psychic pokemon, I think I couldn't remember the name of Natu's evolution...still can't remember it. Anyways, psypokes appeared and I was like..what is that(after ev training lots of pokemon b/c of this website I decided to just become a member) and yeah that's about it, though I don't login much since I'm usually busy except since it's summer for me now =)

Sun May 22, 2011 10:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I found psypoke in the beginning of the DPP era. Originally I found this site upon the initial release of the game, but it took me a good month to join the forums after I had beaten the game and wanted to try the Wi-Fi battling system. After that I have been on/off as an active member. My 4 year anniversary was 2 days ago!

Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2