It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ipads 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

With the new iPad 2 announced earlier this week, just wondering if anyone thinks they are a good idea. When my uncle got one last year on its release date, I was extremely skeptical of its uses seeing as it is a magnified iPhone without the calling facilities, but have I been proven wrong. Movies are easy and fun to watch on the device, and the best part about having one is that you don't need to wait for your computer to start up if you're simply browsing the Internet (which is the only reason why I use the computer. I don't play games or anything *gasp*)

What is the general opinion towards them? Cool or daggy?

My sister's school has gotten all the year 9's and 10's iPads and have preloaded all the textbooks onto them - sounds practical as well!

There are a few competitors at the moment as well but I don't really know about any of them.

Will tablet computers eventually become a staple in most of our lives, much like the laptop?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think the Ipad is great for recreational purposes. Personally I am going to stick with my Labtop. Labtops may be bigger, heavier, and as you said take longer to start up. But a labtop has more capability. I use my labtop for browsing the web and Microsoft Office, a feature the Ipad doesn't and never will have. That alone is my reason for liking the labtop more. Even if the Ipad did get something similar to Microsoft Office touch pad keyboards are terrible to use.

Besides, the Ipad is basically the Iphone for the visually impared.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]