It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 National Forensics League 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anyone here a member of National Forensics League? By that I mean do you participate in Speech and Debate in your school or did you in the past? If so, what event do you participate in, about how many NFL points do you have, and what kind of accolades have you received?

I participate in Dramatic Interpretation this year after two years of Humorous Interpretation. I've placed a few times now in tournaments, and I've been told I'm quite good. I have around 300+ points and rising. This year I plan on qualifying for our state tournament and hope that all works out. My speech this year is The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde if anyone cares.

And yes, this totally belongs in the Sport Forum because to me speech is a sport and anyone who participates will more than likely agree with that.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

To qualify as a sport, the activity must display skill in athletics, not cognition. There is no display of physical prowess or endurance against another, but of articulation of thought and reason showing the mental aptitude of the competitors. If you want a sport for your mouth, look into competitive speed eating.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]