It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Posting in the forums 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Am I missing something here, is everyone scared of posting or something? Or are all our lives so boring that there is nothing to discuss anymore? or is low post count the new high post count? What is the point of this topic? Who is game enough to have a go and answer my queries?

& Can we be serious without resorting to personal attacks and snide remarks?

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:20 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1. People aren't scared of postiong, rather being accused of spamming, and that isn't enough to stop most of the people here who want to get their post count up.
2. Some of us have other things to do than post every waking moment on these formus, and some of the more "interesting" topics that could be started could turn towards the inappropriate (the site's full of adults).
3. Post count really shouln't be a big deal to anyone. Hey, I'm happy with being a regular Pokemon Trainer; I'm not one (Dragon Tamer FTW), but if I was still there, I'd be okay.
4. The point of this topic is to encourage people to go out and spam the forums like all hell to raise that post count to appease you.
5. I am.
6. Yes, but sometimes you need a strong hand to keep kids in line on websites.

How's that?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't really post a lot anymore, since Pokemon doesnt interest me much now. I still post in the general forum, but new topics don't pop up as often as they used to.

But my post count is still pretty high, nearly a master. ;o

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:42 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I used to participate in discussion of Pokemon pretty frequently, but after the announcement of HeartGold/SoulSilver I cut that down to an almost non existent minimum, mainly because of this thread. I still look at the forums every day, moderate the sub forums I still look at (the ones that usually don't need it) and may post in a thread if I think it's absolutely necessary.

Quote:
3. Post count really shouln't be a big deal to anyone. Hey, I'm happy with being a regular Pokemon Trainer; I'm not one (Dragon Tamer FTW), but if I was still there, I'd be okay.

Surprisingly, I don't think anyone here posts intentionally to get their post count up. I can think of quite a few members in the past who posted for post count +1 (see: the top 20 posters on this forum) but it doesn't happen anymore. I have a very large post count, and I'll be honest, this is the only forum I've ever posted over 100 times. And, while my post count is in the 3000's, my "posts per day" has sunk under 2.

Also, I don't want to sound like I have anything against the members or sound like an arrogant twat. I have to say this because I know my post makes me sound like one, but seriously, it's totally the opposite of that. It's more of the members having something against me that stops me dead in my tracks when I think about making a post.

I think your question was directed more towards the members in general, not me or the staff though, so I won't post anymore on this subject.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I haven't been posting because currently there are no topics that are of my interest. And I myself can't think of any.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Galar wrote:
I haven't been posting because currently there are no topics that are of my interest. And I myself can't think of any.

This, basically.

I still lurk daily in case there is something sticking out that needs to be moved or deleted, but I probably only post once or twice weekly at best.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I post whenever there's a topic that interests me. Unfortunately, these don't pop up often, and I'm often left with only a couple of posts per day.
(My actual amount of posts per day is .55 but that's mainly because I wasn't here for a month or so.)

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:28 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Like Galar, I myself can't find a thread that satisfies my interest. And I won't start any topics because I think that it won't satisfy the interest of others. I care about post counts a bit but not to the extent that I will post on every topic on every forum just to get it up.

All I can do is hang around the forums everyday and wait for something interesting in the forums to pop out and just post there. That way I wouldn't be spamming up the forums by just posting away like some trigger-happy cowboy.

Basically, its not really fear of posting, but its fear from being marked a spammer by other members. It really makes you feel inferior you know? But some members don't even learn their lesson and just spam away.

I've been here for a while though my post count is LOW, its because I don't post that often and I rarely see threads that aren't pointless or that much fun to post in. Now that's my point of view for this forum...

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I basically lurk. I haven't really found any topics that interest me. If there was more sports discussion or something of the sort I'd be all for it. But as this is a Pokemon forum, the main topics are Pokemon related, which I am not willing, nor do I know enough about to participate. In addition, I'm pretty busy with school and friends so I just sort of check the forums every now and then, but that's about it.

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
it's like a baguette

I decided I'm far too good to post here, but I'll make an exception for this thread.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Krisp wrote:

Surprisingly, I don't think anyone here posts intentionally to get their post count up. I can think of quite a few members in the past who posted for post count +1 (see: the top 20 posters on this forum) but it doesn't happen anymore. I have a very large post count, and I'll be honest, this is the only forum I've ever posted over 100 times. And, while my post count is in the 3000's, my "posts per day" has sunk under 2.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to be post-happy racking up 10-15 posts per day. That was in my first year and a half here. In the end of October I'll be finishing up my 3rd year here and my post count has dropped to less than 1 post per day, 0.89. But Krisp is right: the members who still post here frequently no longer post for an extra number added to their post count. I really think that's the difference between what it was a couple of years ago.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:06 am
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I don't have an internet connection at home at the moment.

But lately my posts seem to lean towards rude and snide, so I've started posting a bit less. I can't remember the last topic I made, either... hmm.

Maybe once I move into my new apartment and get internet there I'll be all happy and ready to post often.

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah ok I probably don't post a whole heap either mainly cos mah life is too hektik (nah actually its pretty lame... but I DID get to test out my debit card's new embedded microchip technology before... ooerr mlia) but the main points i've deduced from this topic are:

1. topics aren't interesting
2. (people) don't want to be labelled as spammers

Well OK maybe consider these questions:

1. what makes Psypoke "fun"? Other than the people?
2. if you lurk, why do you lurk?
3. do you think the forums are moving in a positive direction or negative direction?

and this might be a bit ambitious but
4. your opinions on noobs: (as in n00bz lulz not newbs)

Thanks for everyone's honestly, I enjoy reading these replies

Feel free to pose your own questions too

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragonPhoenix wrote:
Yeah ok I probably don't post a whole heap either mainly cos mah life is too hektik (nah actually its pretty lame... but I DID get to test out my debit card's new embedded microchip technology before... ooerr mlia) but the main points i've deduced from this topic are:

1. topics aren't interesting
2. (people) don't want to be labelled as spammers

Well OK maybe consider these questions:

1. what makes Psypoke "fun"? Other than the people?
The chats mostly, I guess.
2. if you lurk, why do you lurk?
I dont lurk a lot, but the main reason I would is because I don't want to risk making a "stupid" post.
3. do you think the forums are moving in a positive direction or negative direction?
I'd say positive, since there's a lot more activity than there was a while ago, and more users who stay for more than a month.
and this might be a bit ambitious but
4. your opinions on noobs: (as in n00bz lulz not newbs)
Annoying, but the ones who do nothing bad are okay. I used to be an idiot too so....

Thanks for everyone's honestly, I enjoy reading these replies

Feel free to pose your own questions too

This is the most interesting topic in a while. :o

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I have next to no interest in Pokemon left, so I pretty much only post in the general forums. I generally cba to post new topics since I don't really have anything to say. Even then, I don't post all that often in topics because I don't have anything to add.

I'm mostly just here due to inertia. Not skimming over the forums every few days would just feel... weirdly wrong. I also find it rather surprising that I haven't been massively overtaken for the #7th top poster slot. :o

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

1. I first joined psypoke to talk about pokemon, and since then my interest has dwindled (though I still play occasionally), so that's how it was originally interesting. I guess now, it's mostly attachment to people. The forums seem slower than they were, but sometimes there are still a few good topics floating around. If there were no IRC channel that would also kind of kill things for me.

2. If you mean, lurking vs. being absent, I lurk on the off chance I think of something constructive to add to something interesting, and also of course to patrol for spam and the like. For lurking vs. posting, usually it's because I don't know enough about the topic, it doesn't interest me at all, or I simply just can't find a satisfactory way to write what I'm thinking.

3. Hard to tell. They were going downhill for a while, but recently I think a slight recovery has been made, and I really hope to see it climb higher.

4. They will always be there, and some of the extreme ones need to be dealt with (though this applies more if they're simply blatant spammers). I think it's better to positively reinforce them, and they will learn acceptable etiquette as well as mature by going through life. Remember, all of us were like that at one point. If people had the patience to put up with people like me, the least I can do is pass it on.

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

1.) Maybe it's because it was my first ever forum when I discovered it in early 2005, but it's always had this mysterious charm that I find appealing. Checking for new posts, recognizing other members in their posts... the Psypoke forums just allure me for some reason.

2.) I used to have some really long lurk sessions a couple years back. I guess it mainly came out of not wanting to say something stupid.

3.) Like Serpentsounds, I think there was a downhill slope that has had a small uphill recovery recently. I sincerely hope it continues to go uphill.

4.) Again, Serpentsounds said it best. ;o

Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sex is interesting, but we can't talk about it.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The level of monotony in this thread is such that I can't even think of a witty and flirty response to DatVu's post

Either something is wrong or I am VERY tired

Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ya, same here. I don't post much only because of schoolwork. And just like how some people posted in this forum, I mostly post only if something intrests me. :(

Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]