It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 TOYS! [that you got as a kid] 
Lite Four
Lite Four

So, what kind of toys did everyone get for Christmas? I got:

This really cool Barbie; she has a brown horse who I named Brownie. I play with them every day; they're two of my favorite Barbie things. I also got Barbie's baby sister Kelly, she comes complete with a crib and everything. Thanks grandma, I'll play with this every day! Over the years I got more Barbies for Christmas, even Tommy/Ken/Stacy/Skipper/Kevin, but this particular Kelly doll will always be my favorite.

Power Rangers! These things are really cool - my grandparents took advantage of the fact that my brother and cousin are into Power Rangers too, and there's three of us, so we each get two. I got Kimberly and Tommy; I don't think they realize that I don't really care much for Tommy. Oh well, at least I can pretend they're in love or something. =P My brother got his favorite rangers, Trini and Billy, Tyler got the remaining rangers, Jason and Zack. Thanks grandma and grandpa, we'll always play with these. Always.

Santa brought me some really cool things this Christmas, he was very generous. I got some Polly Pockets; damn I love those. One is a ballroom and the other is an apartment. He also got me a Doodle Bear; I always wanted one of those! A Power Rangers bank that TALKED, legos, Hot Wheels, yeah!

For outside play I got a Big Wheel, it's my favorite color, pink! I can't wait to tie my jump rope to the back of it and pull around my new wagon, where I keep all my pet worms and bugs. Yeah, I'm not afraid of anything.

And lastly, video games. Video games aren't really that popular yet, they're actually kind of a new fad. Earlier in the year I begged my mom and dad for a Nintendo because my cousin has one and it's soooo fun! They told me I wasn't getting one. I was really sad. However, when I woke up I ran downstairs and found a Sega Genesis under the tree! I got the newest, most powerful system with a Sonic game! I can't wait to fire this up and play through Emerald Hill Zone with my mom. That might be the first and only time she ever plays video games with me.

So yeah, I had a great christmas. What about everyone else?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Krisp wrote:
Power Rangers!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got mostly clothes. But I did get a couple of toys. I got a new DS game and a finger rocket! Also a season of DBZ. Probably the best thing I did get, though, was a new fingerbox!
There it is on my bed. My other one was getting REALLY old. This one's really nice. Can't wait to show my friends.

That was real cute Krisp. :3

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:00 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I only got a new Wii game & it wasn't a new one either...meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:21 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

My dear brothers of Psypoke, you have misunderstood me. :( My intention of creating this thread was to discuss our favorite toys that we received for Christmas in the past, not this Christmas.

Please understand and edit or repost, I would love to hear what you guys played with as children. :)

Your friend, Krisp

^_^

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I remember getting a bunch of dinosaur toys for Christmas the year Jurassic Park III came out.

Like this one:

One of my favorite toys of all time that I received for Christmas was a fairly large Optimus Primal (The Beast Wars equivalent to Optimus Prime), I still have him somewhere in my attic.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Nothing else is worth it.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Godzilla toys.

This one in particular was my favorite.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:39 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Oh, my bad Krisp, umm...the only TOYS I remember getting as a child were firstly, these crazy things...

Also I'm sure someone remembers this thing?...

Yep, I was more of a Video Game only kind of child...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Well, for Hanukkah, I've gotten
-Toy Dinosaurs
-Power Rangers
-Hot Wheels/Matchboxes, no matter the fact I never picked them up
-Pokemon Sapphire (started my love for Pokemon)
-Clothes
-Other things that I forget about

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ah, Christmas past.

Probably the best thing I ever got was my Nintendo 64. I can vaguely remember it since I was maybe 4 or 5.. but I had gotten a clear purple N64 with the clear purple remotes, and with it came Donkey Kong 64, Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask (hence my obsession with the Zelda series). And for my birthday (which wasn't too far away; April) I had got Pokemon SNAP! and Stadium. ANYWAYS, another toy I STILL play with when I get really bored was this power ranger pinball thing I got when I was 7 or 8? I don't remember but it's old.

Image Image

Hell yes! I was telling a friend of mine about it and so once the break is over I plan to take it to school and play it. Haha. Other than that, I don't have much of anything that's really significant.
Well, last year my parents did kind of recreate my old Nintendo 64 Christmas. They went to Vintage Stock and got a green N64 with Donkey Kong 64 and Ocarina of Time with two green controllers! I'm still searching for some of my old games I had because we gave all of our old ones to my cousin when ours broke and she lost them. I still dislike her for that.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I was 7yo I've got FURBY - the first version of this amazing toy. I think that I was the happiest child then!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

When I was eight years old, my parents gave me a large set of Lego. It was cool! :)

Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:35 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I remember actually getting my first Pokemon game for Christmas, it was the Blue version that I got for the Game Boy Color I had bought with my birthday money the summer before!
I did get lots of awesome video games for Christmas, when I'm thinking about it: my first Pokemon game, my first Ace Combat, my first Civilizations...

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Magus wrote:
I remember getting a bunch of dinosaur toys for Christmas the year Jurassic Park III came out.

Like this one:

One of my favorite toys of all time that I received for Christmas was a fairly large Optimus Primal (The Beast Wars equivalent to Optimus Prime), I still have him somewhere in my attic.

It's cool!

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]