It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 One Good Thing 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, during my freshman year, my World History teacher led a discussion about why there's only bad news on- I mean, really, it's depressing to hear about all the killing and war and economic problems this country has; the news should show more happy stuff.

So that led me to create this thread.

I am challenging the Psypoke community to come to this thread, and write at least one good thing that's happened to you today. It could be a small thing (I got an A!!) or a big thing (ZOMG I'M GETTING MARRIED!! for those old enough, anyways). Every day, try to find one good thing that's happened to you. Anything that made you feel happy, or better about yourself. NO BAWWING ALLOWED.

I'll start off with:
Today, I found out that I was one of the few people to actually do my AP US History homework. The assignment was to read a document regarding John Marshall's ruling in the McCulloch v. Maryland case. The fact that I was one of the few to do it made me feel better about the fact that I spent a good amount of time agonizing over 1800's legal jargon yesterday, lol.

GOGOGOGO PEOPLEZ

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, my day has just started, so i guess i'll post about yesterday. I have beaten some obstacles in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite game, and a did it really good. I finally beat down that Khezu, and Rathian.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm playing through ALL of Dead Rising 2 with a really good friend of mine so we can get the achievement for beating the whole game in co-op. We're taking a food break atm, and we have about 5-6 real life hours of gameplay left...

We're having lots of fun killing zonbies in humorous ways, though, so it's a good time. Most recently we both made power guitars (amp + electric guitar) and rocked out simultaneously to make crowds of zombies' heads blow up.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

R_R I should rent a game that you have that we could co-op together. Anyway the good thing that happened to me today was my job interview, which I am pretty sure I owned that thing.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, one good thing that happened today:

Well, pretty much just my entire seventh period, AP US Hist. The subject is boring, but the people in it are far from it. Today, we just pretty much just joked around, pranked (good-naturedly, of course) the teacher, and still managed to cover the material. It was pretty fun.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, today: I learned I was one of the highest scoring people on the multiple choice part of my Pre-Ap Test. And those are hard tests because our teacher makes it the kind where its 3 right answers, but which one is the best. But I got 35/40. I was just as surprised as everyone else because I DON'T pay attention in that class. Lmao. But Wednesday I shall see how I did on the written portion.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmmm... Today went for ortho, and was told that I'm gonna get my braces off early. Sweet!!!! plus no school off for 2 weeks [I love intersession]

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:52 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Let's see...
Today I got my vocabulary quiz back, and I got a 100!
Also this is my 25th post, and I am (finally) a pokemon trainer.

Sprite Collection

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i finally got a good grade at Electronic Class. And i also get my PSP charger repaired.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

My married co-worker confessed his love for me (this was actually yesterday) and told me he wishes he didn't marry his wife and waited to meet me instead.

A good thing because I like him too, but bad because well....he's married :P

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I havent done anything/said anything stupid yet today, and its 1pm, so ive got time to change that. (MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA..cough,cough)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

^that only counts if that actually made your day.

Today, all the sophomores in my chemistry class had to take a standardized test, so me and this one guy i disliked last year were the only ones in class. But, we got to talking (even though it was just about random ****), and i have a new opinion of him. So, I guess today I made a new friend!! or at least half-friend/acquaintance, lol.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I learned my french teacher was pregnant, and I felt very happy for her. (Even though her husband has a funny face, ;D)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, it was happened to my friend, but he got his PSP back, it was lost in the class and he already thought that it was stolen. But someone found it on the teacher's desk. And good thing for me with that, i could play PSP together with 3 of my friends.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

A couple of good things happened today:

I got a 100 on my Calc quiz retake (i just wish i had gotten that the first time :P)

I found out I did good on my AP Spanish essay.

Psypoke trivia might be happening in November, which I'm so excited for!!! (technically, it hasn't happened yet, but finding out about it was cool, so it goes here, lol)

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@rex09: You lucky dog! (Um, your avatar's that of a Legendary Dog, so yeah) You're in calc? And AP Spanish? I'm only in Spanish III... Anyway, since you're in Calc, I'm assuming that you know everything from Pre-Calc. So, could you help me? I'm on unit circles, and I'm stuck. I can't freakin memorize the numbers! My retake's coming up during a free period known in my school as Charger Time-My school is Chantilly High School, in Chantilly, VA, and well, we're the Chantilly Chargers-and I still haven't memorized it. FYI, I got a 3.5 out of 10 on the real deal, so... puedes ayudarme? Por favor? Muchas gracias, Senor!
~torchie13125
EDIT: My 100th post! Yay me!

Last edited by torchie13125 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

AP Calc, but i suck at math anyways, lol

Si, yo puedo ayudarte, pero, tiene que PM a me. lol i don't think there's a verb for PMing someone, but throw me one, and i'll see if i can help you. however, i'm not great with trig stuff, so you may also want to try googling stuff. i'd say just quiz yourself over and over again, and then quiz yourself some more.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You're a lucky one indeed. I have never got 100 in my Math exam.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well today in my advance math we played trivia i made it throug half the class then the bell rang, i found out the girl i like may like me, in spanish i think i did goog on my secound quiz being the only thinks i will need to know is No hablo espanol, i dont have home work 2 days in a row that hasent happend since i got my math book (i do 50 problems a day 30 on weekends), im not tired (im always tired), also what rex said about the psypokes triva good day in all but not as good if you add in the ad the bad stuff

EDIT: i just remebered i got a 100% on last weeks math test (got papers back today so it counts)

Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
This isn't all that much compared to anything said so far but today I actually finished putting together my Battle Frontier Team on paper anyway & also I finally obtained Bleach opening theme 12 "Change" single which I was eagerly anticipating for a minute now...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, nothing really AMAZINGLY good happened to me today. Just stayed home contemplating homework, cleaned my room, did the washing (currently doing at 10pm right now), and played a bit of SSBB.

But yesterday I got lucky and made girlfriend, and tomorrow she'll be coming over for cuddles and kisses (hence cleaning my room).

Expect a post maybe Sunday, if the wedding my uncle's having is any good or not (hoping it is).

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nothing really good happened to me this day. Maybe only that finally my friends are bringing their PSP and i could play with them together. And maybe the grade that i got from some of the difficult subject was good.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@DT13: the point of this thread is to report good things; if you just want to say what happened today, you should probably just go to another thread.

Okay, so, one good thing that happened today: During seventh period, we had to write an essay regarding changes in slavery from 1775 to 1830. And, there was a packet of historical documents which we had to use to back up our claims.

I. Nailed. That. Essay.

Or at least I think so, anyways. A lot of people didn't even finish, so I felt really good about the essay as a whole.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Something really good happened for me today...I got my locks done again, finally as it's been months quite literally...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

rex09 wrote:
@DT13: the point of this thread is to report good things; if you just want to say what happened today, you should probably just go to another thread.

Okay, so, one good thing that happened today: During seventh period, we had to write an essay regarding changes in slavery from 1775 to 1830. And, there was a packet of historical documents which we had to use to back up our claims.

I. Nailed. That. Essay.

Or at least I think so, anyways. A lot of people didn't even finish, so I felt really good about the essay as a whole.

I'm guessing it was a DBQ essay? (Document Based Question)

Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next