It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fire or Ice? 

What will the world end in, Fire or Ice?
Oh My Gawd WHO CAREZ!!! 26%  26%  [ 21 ]
Fire 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
Ice 36%  36%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 80

Fire or Ice? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd say fire for the sun blowing up, but humans will have destroyed all life before then, so it depends on your view of the end of the world if it's fire or pollution. P:

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

heh, drakonez, you sounded like bobby pendragon just then! btw did u get that letter yet? i also finished book 9 of pendragon. yay for me! :D

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fire because the are tons of asteroids going through the earth's orbit. I think a huge one will hit us and we will be heading to the sun and burn up.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I say fire is better because it gives us heat in the winter, it cooks our food.(stove) All ice does is make our drinks cold. And in the winter, it makes hard to go anywhere because of all the snow(in Canada) I hate Canada.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

pokemon_god wrote:
I say fire is better because it gives us heat in the winter, it cooks our food.(stove) All ice does is make our drinks cold. And in the winter, it makes hard to go anywhere because of all the snow(in Canada) I hate Canada.

Communist.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Some say the world wil end in fire
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if I had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And will suffice."

Robert Frost = awesome.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not sure which is better. Fire is more useful then Ice, but Ice is cooler. I'd say Ice.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Neither, I roll with lightning only

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:07 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Umm.There will be a miasma of Despair,Its kinda Crimson color and moves like electricity with fire.its awesome.

: ]

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

dang if the wolrd ends in fire that would be very painful because you're all burning and screaming and running around trying to put yourself out

if the world ends in ice i think you'll just freeze your balls off and you will get all sleepy and you freeze....i think thats a chillin way to end

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As E.O.I i must warn you all that your going to die of ice, :violin:

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Mine is Ice without discussion...it's my favorite element in general & suits my persona quite well.

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Are we talking about how the world is going to end? If so, then it's definitely ICE! the question wasn't "what will kill the humans" it was "what will the world end in" so, after the sun blows up and the barren rock that was called earth floats away into the cold depths of the universe, it will end up as just one glorified frozen comet. The world will end in ICE!

-------------------
Fire melts Ice. Ice turns to Water. Water puts out Fire. no Fire, no heat. Water freezes to Ice. I'm just cold like that.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:51 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

fire help make me burn :D (bad grammorz in a bad thread ftw)

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Fire. The sun will expand like any other star at the end of its life cycle and engulf Mercury, Venus, and Earth. Possibly Mars. I know, I'm a space nerd.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ryanh181 wrote:
pokemon_god wrote:

Communist.

Canadian. Pfeh.

All crappy "our neighbor to the north" jokes aside.
Ice, because it's just impossible to think that the earth will spontaneously combust, ever.
It's much more likely that either
1. We start a nuclear war and a nuclear winter occurs. We freeze to death in a radioactive environment.
2. The events of The Day After Tomorrow occur. Some stupid, athletic people in their early years survive and, in the future, all of us have Huntington's.
3. We survive, leave Earth, our planet freezes over, and then the sun goes nova. The world is already dead so this isn't death by fire.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I fail to see how the World could possibly end in Ice. It'll end in Fire because people will blow it up, and bombs make Fire, not Ice.

Also, because the guy at the end of this: http://www.livevideo.com/video/230DEB49A6FD4203A50D041A1A6D6254/avatar-the-last-airbender-book.aspx said so.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ice, we had an ice age and it wiped out almost everything. Also I can't see fire just randomly destroying the ENTIRE world. To me ice is more likely to happen.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Really, you never know. Most likely it WILL end in fire with all the commies and there nuclear weapons. But, maybe, the world could randomly drift off into space and we will all freeze to death.

But, like I said YOU NEVER KNOW...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:51 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Seeing as since I last posted in this topic, it has changed drastically...then I will just answer again;

Fire = Because it is Extremely hot at the center of the Earth or because my Religion says so(lol, yeah okay) or because War WILL most likely get out of control & cause an explosion that actually triggers a chain of events & thus kills us all in FIRE or because of that 2012 Y2K shenanigan where the SUN will go through some phase & lump balls of FIRE at the planet(ours) or lastly, Earth will become HELL at some point & wait, neermind...

Ice = Because of the ICE Age(It could reoccur you know & for multiple reasons at that) or because of some great Nuclear Effect from an increase in War on Earth someplace/someplaces or because after that 2012 business, there will be no SUN & thus we will freeze over(to death) or Earth will become HELL which might turn out to be actually a place with the most freezing temperatures instead of what everyone keeps saying or like in Jade Empire(think about that) or because we might actually drown or freeze to death when the Oceans decide to go out of control & tsunami us to extinction(spelling?)...

Okay, so there IS more logical ways for FIRE to end the world but that being said I still think most of them(that's both the FIRE & ICE explainations) are pure Bull Spit soooo I say I don't know & don't see anyone caring, I'm keeping my vote for ICE cause I like it better then FIRE & the suspect I perfer to go out due to the hands of meh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:
my Religion says so(lol, yeah okay)

RELIGION!

How dare he say that! xD

JK. Thats what my religion teaches too.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i voted for both, mostly because robert frost says so lol.
seriously, though....
FIRE- Nukes, global warming.... those two are both kinda fiery and destructive enough that they could end the world.
ICE- ice age, and the theory that if the solar system lasts long enough, the sun will run out of energy. long before that happens, the earth will get very cold from the lack of sunlight. and so the world will freeze over. but then, the sun will slowly grow in size, and eventually, quietly swallow the earth in fiery gases. either that, or collapse and destroy it in more fire/black hole stuff. idk where i heard that, but i was thinking of "The Time Traveler" by H.G. Wells.... so, yup. fire and ice.
then again, i should've checked the "OMG Who CAREZ" one because we won't be around by then....

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

To be honest, I've always thought this was the dumbest topic that just never seems to **** die.

Who gives a ****?!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DatVu wrote:
To be honest, I've always thought this was the dumbest topic that just never seems to **** die.

Who gives a ****?!

Yeah, the topic title doesn't even make sense anymore...

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

To me there is two ways the world could end, the first thought that occurred to me was fire, because we generally think of fire as destruction.(It seems that the end of mankind will be in fire)
However to make fire you need fuel to burn, because there is only a limited amount of fuel the world will most likely end with ice.
Although there is only a limited amount of fuel on Earth, there is always a chance that some catastrophe could happen in our solar system. I think there is no true way to predict the end of the world without some guessing involved.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next