It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Race skit 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hello

referring to http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertain ... 89809.html

If I (along with many others in my country) find that light hearted and aren't all that outraged, does that make us terrible people?

Perfect that we're all scattered around the globe with different cultures and customs, honestly what do you think? Does racism exist? are we too politically in/correct? where will this transgress to?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

in reference to the article, I found it hard to sympathise with Harry Connick Jr. I get the feeling that when white people complain about racism, they often end up sounding horribly condensing and insincere. it'd be different if an actual black person had complained about the skit, but if it's just some white guy then it comes off as if he wants to prove that HE'S NOT RACIST HE RLY LIKES BLACK PEOPLE YEAH?

also, the skit in question. it's certainly swimming in dangerous waters, whatever the intention behind it.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh pffffft. It's a joke. People who take racism too seriously drive me insane. I'm a feminist and a gay rights activist and when I hear lighthearted jokes intended to poke fun at either of those groups I'll laugh (unless they cross a certain line, but that's not the point). It's FUNNY. When was the last time you told a Michael Jackson joke and somebody got all up and offended because it was racist or offensive? Not to mention, everyone's a little bit racist.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]