It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Teenage years are rebellious??? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Haihai gais!!!

Its me, Animepokefan's little bro! He's off to med school for a buncha years, so imma be using his account!!
I'm 15 years old, and it seems as though i have hit my rebellious streak. My older bro...>.> he's the gem of the family...the angel, the goody-goody...and I'm the rebellious, fussy, problem-child. My grades can speak for themselves, though. I'm a genius in school, doing AP Calculus as a freshman. But...my behavior at home is that of a 10-year old. Or less. I still play pokemon, I'm 5 feet tall on the dot, I haven't hit puberty yet, so im due for a major spurt, etc. As a child i was fussy, but it seems as though my behavior has gone down the dumps. I swear, I am even appalled at times after i behave a certain way. Is this normal? I am a bit possesive and i cling to my stuff a lot, and this is how my parents kept my computer away from me after it returned from repairs. Now I'm forced to leave it in the living room for all to use...

Okay, if people could help, then I would be happy, but please post your views on adolescents being rebellious. If you wish, post great memories from the days of your teen-agey-ness...If you are in your teenage, then post your ideas/stories/views/etc.

Thank you!

~Animepokefan~

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rebellious teenagers are idiots who need to grow up. I thought being a non-conformist, skipping school and thinking that all authority sucked was the coolest thing on the face of the planet until I turned 14. Doing drugs is idiotic, getting drunk and posting party pictures on Facebook is idiotic and skipping so much class you fight with the teacher and end up failing is idiotic. Authority is not something you should categorically hate, but teenagers are becoming that for me.

Hell, and I'm still a teenager.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Most kids tend to "rebel", but once you start seeing things from your parents' side their actions become more understandable and you start to love them for who they are and what they do for you.

Course they could also just be jerks, but eh.

Like Jamie says, Don't skip school, don't do drugs, don't drink, don't be stupid.

But have fun. Those years go by way too fast. Enjoy them while they last.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lordtomato wrote:
Course they could also just be jerks, but eh.

haha, that is what I used to act like about 6 months ago, a big "know-it-all" jerk.

lordtomato wrote:
but once you start seeing things from your parents' side their actions become more understandable and you start to love them for who they are and what they do for you.

When I started to think like that, that is when I stopped being a jerk to my parents.

My thought on this matter is (as lordtomato said), view your parents actions from their side, not yours, you'll see that their actions are benefiting you more in the long run.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I spent too many early years literally fearing my mother, avoiding rebellion. I think the fact that I spent more time at home avoiding extreme punishment, I actually received far worse in smaller doses and mental anguish.

I've seen far more punks as an adult than I have as a teenager: there are people older than me who are still fighting the man and living life to how they wish. Sometimes it seems hard to be that kind of person, to be oneself against what others think. Then again, I feel it provides a sense of personal freedom. I think it's cool how they dress and I like their music, but I feel too pressured to be who I am now to change.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:47 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Not out partying and knocking your girlfriends up? No? Then shut up. :p

I was never really "rebellious" when I was a teenager....just stupid. In middle school I managed to flunk 7th grade but because I was such an asshole to my teachers, they agreed to let me go to the 8th grade (and I STILL failed every single class). Amazingly I graduated high school by some miracle. I was a very lazy ****** , mostly. Besides being a procrastinator, I was really just...emo. I didn't rebel; I got a few razor blades, turned on some Linkin Park, and made some hideous scars that will never go away. This was all happening when I was your age - 5 years ago. About hitting puberty...I think I was what...12? :X Kinda early, but I'm also the opposite gender.

By the way, you're welcome to make your own account. Actually, I'd prefer if you did. Your username and profile are your unique identity - don't use your brother's.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree with Krisp in that your really not rebellious at all. If anything the behaviour described is more immature than anything. Your a freshman and your in calculas, wow thats so badass. Now saying screw this calculas I wanna hang out instead and then not doing your homework for the heck of it, thats rebellious. Not super rebellious but getting there. And doing that just to be is stupid and you will be laughed at by those around you as I'm guessing your in a class with mostly seniors and juniors and as you described yourself, look like a 5th grader.

And you are allowed to have your own account. It won't kill you or anything.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: On a little blue marble called Earth rolling through the playground known as the Solar System.
In my opinion, you are not being rebellious at all, just a normal teenager, like any other kid around your age (like me). As long as you stay in school, don't do drugs/smoke/drink, and stay to your parents rules most of the time (you can't do everything they want, all the time), your just your average Joe. As for puberty, enjoy your last few weeks of your current life, because when puberty hits, you will be living an entirely different life. As far as your height goes, it's quite normal for someone to be a bit shorter at our age. In fact, I know one kid who is probably shorter than you, maybe 4' 10" or something. Don't be ashamed of what your becoming, it's going to be great in a year or two.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not to say that everyone else should follow my own personal formula, but high school is a complete waste of time. Without getting myself into some tirade over the education system in America, I might as well share my own experience. I'm a senior and in a month I'll be a graduate. What have I learned from life so far? That many different factions of people want to inform and demand of you how to live your own life. The law is one thing; whether manipulative or maniacal, it's what you must follow as a citizen. Then you have the religious, the people who are "looking out for your own good", then your fellow peers. It's a hectic time as a teenage, and constant pressure to score some whack test grade so you can go to some whack institution where they feed you more whack information in hopes you may look more literate and collegiate. Quite frankly, it's nonsense. High school is a time to get high before class and chill throughout the day. I do nothing in school and I make straight A's

Some people just really don't give a :censored: . The better that select groups of people understand their persona as mutual interaction, the better teenagers will be in the long run. I don't need someone preaching to me about my life when I have yet to experience it. Remember, rebellion is the mind child of anarchy. With out concern, systems fail. Go figure; the system has already failed me. yayz for magical sky fairies and Obama.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

It's a vital part of growing up to rebel against your parents, in some way, shape, or form. Everyone does it. It's a means of creating your own personal identity, and to not do it would be to deny yourself a full and proper life. You can't liven forever in the shadow and protection of your parents. Step out, step on a few toes and get yours stepped on. It's part of growing up.

Not that I'm much a fan of growing up, but it's a part of life. Enjoy it. Make stupid mistakes now and get them out of the way (just don't go overboard with the stupidity). Be silly, have fun, be yourself, and don't worry about what "the cool people" will think of you.

I wish I could tell you that life outside of high school and teenage years will be different, but that would be a lie. In the words of a rather amusing song,

The whole damn world is just as obsessed
With who's the best dressed and who's having sex
Who's in the club, and who's on the drugs
Who's throwing up before they digest
Who's got the money, who gets the honeys
Who's kinda cute, and who's just a mess.
And you still don't have the right look
And don't have the right friends.
High school never ends.

High school and being a teenager sucked at first. Then I learned to not care, do my own thing, and just have fun with my friends. And suddenly, it was great. Stay up for 36 hours straight, stay out until 5am, get your friends together and play the entire Endless Setlist in BOTH Rock Band games. A few years from now, you'll look back and wish you'd done it more often. I know I do.

As for your comment about being 15 and still playing Pokemon, I offer this insight. I'm 20, still use the name Jigglypuff (around here, at least), and I'm the Webmaster for a large Pokemon website. I think you'll turn out ok. ;P

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

That's only assuming you've turned out OK, son.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okie pokiez, by request of many, i have made a new account, and um...I don't think i have the chance of doing drugs, or worse...really....but to me, it was jsut appalling to see what kind of behavior i exhibited....
Jigglypuff wrote:

I wish I could tell you that life outside of high school and teenage years will be different, but that would be a lie. In the words of a rather amusing song,

The whole damn world is just as obsessed
With who's the best dressed and who's having sex
Who's in the club, and who's on the drugs
Who's throwing up before they digest
Who's got the money, who gets the honeys
Who's kinda cute, and who's just a mess.
And you still don't have the right look
And don't have the right friends.
High school never ends.

As for your comment about being 15 and still playing Pokemon, I offer this insight. I'm 20, still use the name Jigglypuff (around here, at least), and I'm the Webmaster for a large Pokemon website. I think you'll turn out ok. ;P

okay, lol i know and love that song!!!

and... ^////^ it was slightly pointless to mention that I play pokemon...on the forums of a gigantic pokemon fansite (which remains my favorite site evah!!! >:3)
lordtomato wrote:
Those years go by way too fast. Enjoy them while they last.

and...I'd actually prefer them to go by fast....>.> but...thats probably because im in 'those years' :D I'll probably disagree a whole lot later...

-Girls (although it is generally unrequited)
-Math. w00t. QED :D

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lol, well, I'm your age, and sadly, I can't say I'm like that. Things are always generally good with me, I rarely rebel or misbehave. Tbh, you don't really sound rebellious, just a little fussy and lazy, like many of us are. :P I'm enjoying these years, and you better start doing the same too, because time flies by faster than you realize.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Heh, im 13, ive made mistakes, like everyone else, and i see that rebelling is just a stage that we go through (mine was a little early, i know)

As a teen its our nature, as our bodies are getting jacked up with hormones, but you need to know who you are, dont be like the cool kids, just be yourself.
even if you get bullied all the time, unless they throw a fist, it doesn't mean anything if you ignore them. I tried to become more like the cool kids last year, and i got :censored: for grades. now im myself, and i have a bunch of cool friends.

As an end note, just be yourself, and dont worry about what others think about you. As long as you know that you are cool, then they cant hurt you anymore

Inspired by my dad, who has given me countless lectures on this.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

After my mother passed 2 years ago, I'm the other adult in the family. I get the glorious responsibility of watching my twin brother and sister (who are 10 years old >_>) I've really never had a real "vacation". I'm so glad I'm going to Germany over the summer, it'll probably the only break I get from my siblings for a looong time. Along with that, I'm barely breezing through Alg 2 honors (My teacher gives test that make me wanna :frustrated: ), although i'm passing with a 74%. My other grades are relatively better, the only other C i have is in english. German i have a B, Chem i have a really high B or a low A, but my teacher loves me, getting a B in world history, and a B/A in PE. I'm surprised I'm even passing with all this happening.

I've already been through all this, and I'm only 15.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

especially when ur getting ready to do it

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Teenagers, myself included, can be summed up in three words in my opinion. They are:

Mouthy

Moody

&

Masturbation

Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jaguar wrote:
Teenagers, myself included, can be summed up in three words in my opinion. They are:

Mouthy

Moody

&

Masturbation

Perfect summary. I'd give you a cookie, but all I have are {squirtle} s.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm 14, and I never was really rebellious. I always tell the truth even when I know my parents are going to mop the floor with me. I am a little rebellious against my Dad but it's not on some reasonable scale. I complain about stuff but that's about it. In conclusion, I'm a loser momma's boy. Right now I'm rebelling more I ever did in my life, but it's just philosophical views though so I don't consider that major. I though, am not the type to agree with all of American society's morals, plus my goal in life is to be anything but average.But for the most part though, I'm a stupid goodie goodie and just follow the rules set by those older than me.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am
Profile WWW
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

As far as my teenage years go, I wasn't rebellious. I was just lazy.

I always scored 100s on every test I took, and even took calculus (Math being my favorite subject). However, I still always had bad grades because I never bothered to do any of my homework. I spent most of my time online or playing video games (which have been a part of my life since I was like 4, but that's another subject) and the times I wasn't at home, I was doing something with some of my friends. The only time I did homework was when I was bored and had nothing to do, or if I was helping out one of my friends who was less knowledgeable in a certain subject. That being said, I barely graduated high school, and that was only because I decided to haul ass my senior year so I didn't have to repeat another year for just a credit or two.

The only "rebellious" streak I had was with my parents (as I'm sure most teens had too), where I wouldn't listen, etc., etc., etc. I've never used any kind of drug, not because they are "OMG EVIL AND BAD" but because it's just my choice. I haven't ever caused issues with other people. I did steal a lot for the fun of it though, and I dunno how I never got caught for that. There is a word for that, but I can't seem to remember it.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Haha I'm almost 19 andI've been in that rebellious state for a good 6 years. Of course, I got in ALOT of trouble doing things like fighting, drugs, cutting school and even the stereotypical "I'm gonna start a loud garage band just cause I have instruments! RAWR" (Fortunately that one actually worked out) I still get low scores despite my mathematical genius (no really!) and still don't have much of a job. I did however get off the drugs and mass fights. Anywho...don't be like me, sure, it's ok to skip out on a few assingments or mouth off every once in awhile but when drugs and the law become involved then you could have a problem. Just play it safe :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

sadly im almost a teen im 12 and i got some problems =/ im obiuosly hitting puberty so my throat is soar all the time and it just sucks do u guys want to be a kid again? i sure do :(

Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]