It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Recent John McCain Rallies 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Before anyone reads please keep in mind I'm only calling these specific people out, not republicans or McCain supporters in general.

Has anyone else seen the disturbing footage of some McCain rallies? I saw some footage on The Morning Joe and McCain supporters were claiming Barack Obama is a terrorist, Barack Obama is Muslim, Barack Obama is an Arab, etc. A man got the chance to speak to McCain at a rally and was talking about how he's expecting his first child. He explained that he was afraid of Obama being president and that the safety of his child was at stake. A woman went as far as to say that she wanted to "bomb Obama".

McCain actually had to tell some of these people that Obama was not an Arab and that there was nothing to be afraid of if he was elected president. Even more disturbing, when he tried to do this, the majority of the people in the crowd actually started booing McCain!

It's not only the ignorance behind these statements that are angering me; so what if Obama was an Arab or if he were Muslim? I have good friends that are Middle Eastern and I have news for these ignorant racists: not all of them are terrorists. Supporters should spend more time focusing on a candidate's solutions to problems and stances on issues and less time focusing on what color their skin is.

It seems that many McCain rallies are becoming a place to express hatred more than a place where the candidate gets to discuss issues with his supporters. I'm sorry for all of those members of Psypokes that support McCain and actually have decent reasons for liking him.

[/rant]

Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:42 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Its pretty sick to assume that because someone does not have white skin or doesnt carry a bible in their back pocket might be affiliated with such an awful group. i know hes christian, but i dont think itd make any difference if he was muslim. i also think its horrible that idiots think their children are "in danger" because our potential president has darker skin than them. its not really surprising though, considering these are americans were talking about. were considered ignorant and spoiled by the rest of the world for a reason. if mccaim gets voted in because of ignorance and he turns out to be an awful president, those asshat will get what they have coming (and unfortunately the rest of us) or god forbid he dies and youknowwho becomes our new president. /rolleyes

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Is this one of the thing your referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6YKOkf ... re=related

I can't believe some people are so biased and close-minded....

Toasty wrote:
god forbid he dies and youknowwho becomes our new president. /rolleyes

I have a sticker on my car that says "Voldemort for president" XD

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
as an arab muslim, I really like you guy's(specialy you toasty), I don't really have anything to do with the elections, but I would like obama to win(but he wont), yeah, we do consider you as an ignorant country(not as people), coz you know, lots of people are racist, after the 9/11 attacks, my uncle who was in hopital in america got stabbed with a needle by a nurse. plus obama isn't arab, his father was from kenya.

Quote:
not all of them are terrorists

how many of us do you think are terrorists ROBERT, the way you say it is like "most of them are terrorists, but some aren't" I mean hardly any of us are terrorists, and terrorists stop being muslim when they preform such an appaling action.

and I don't really think that osama bin ladin did anything, go to this website [don't advertise] and watch the vidio's, you'll be shocked by what you see.

--------------

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:38 pm
Profile YIM
The Geek
The Geek

The problem is that anyone who's not a Bible-thumping white American is by default a Satan-worshiping terrorist in the eyes of far too great a percentage of the American populace. And it's just pathetic.

I don't particularly support Obama, but part of me wants to vote for him simply because I know it's the best way to ensure that McCain doesn't win. -.-;

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I thought it was hilarious when I saw John McCain grab the mic from this old woman at his rally after she starting talking about how she wouldn't feel safe if that Arab Obama became president. The crowd subsequently booing McCain was icing on the cake.

However, blaming McCain is overlooking the real problem. I'd be more scared of the average American than of John McCain. He's just trying to run his campaign, but the ignorance of the populace is staggering.

On an unrelated note, why the hell do Republican politicians use "Joe six-pack" as an endearing term for the so-called Middle Class? I'm picturing an overweight toothless man drinking a case of Bud Light® riding his tractor around the yard shooting at shit. Then again, I suppose that corresponds with a certain party's voter base.

Zombie wrote:
I don't really have anything to do with the elections, but I would like obama to win(but he wont)

Not according to polls.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

MasterChef wrote:
Is this one of the thing your referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6YKOkf ... re=related

That's the exact footage I was referring to. It was featured on the Morning Joe, I believe. If not, it was one of the other political shows on MSNBC.

Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]