It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Do you think the Human race will prosper? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Do you think the Human race will prosper, or kill each other out.
What do you think will be the reason for our demise.

I, personally believe that humanity will gradually kill itself off as a whole and become extinct, and all that is around us, due to whatever the hell happens in the future.

But that is kind of a random naive thought, does anyone have any more intelligent outcomes?

I am the Professor, i will create the perfectest Pokemon to anyone's desires. And i have a loving affection toward the Dark type, they so damn cute and they think they're badass. They are just playfull lil' critters, like any other Pokemon.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Global warming, we can't stop it. Over the eons planets have been devoured by the heat waves of the sun. Mercury was affected by global warming, then Venus, and the Earth is next.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, people have been researching ways to fix global warming, and actually their inventions are interesting, so there might be hope if governments actually invest into these inventions which they probably aren't going to do any time soon.

But anyway, the Human race is right now in a time where there is confusion because it's been about a century that the world has started to acknowledge other places, so I'm not sure. So far it doesn't look good, since people are addicted to money, and care more about the chance to save a dollar and power rather than caring about the chance to save another's life. So yeah, we're going to kill ourselves with our infectious greed :|

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
the only hope for the human race....is to convert.....TO ISLAM!!! *opens one eye and looks around hopefully* no? didn't think so. but yeah, the human race will eventually kill it's self off, unless god beats us to the punch, and brings on the judgment day.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Um..
sure...?

I like the whole killing each other off thing, but that's quite cynical.
global warming will kill a few peeps, and make the survivors somewhat uncomfortable, but it won't kill off all humankind.

I could care less, really. life is so temporary.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why do people even care about humans dying off? It's not like we're helping anything by being here. :/

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not really, I guess it depends how fast the planet becomes uninhabitable, humans can/will adapt over time, even if many will probably die in the process. But we do have to knowledge to adjust to heat/high radiation/plagues.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm normally really cynical, but I do have hope in the human race as a whole. We will survive global warming, and if someone actually put their minds to it, we probably could find a way to just get rid of the CO2 rather than slowing polution. If anyone is watching the survivors TV series in britain, that just shows that even if only a few of us survive something terrible, we can still live through it.

End of the world =/= End of Humanity either. We'll develop space ships or something, and get off the planet.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I think the human race will live for many centuries to come, perhaps even after the earth has been destroyed by Global Warming. There are serious plans for Lunar and Martian Colonization, and if our planet has been destroyed by our own misdeeds, we would simply leave it for dead and go to the next planet. If we are just to survive for one more century, we would start to colonize the galaxy, and even if one planet full of humans dies, the rest would remain unaffected and continue to live and prosper forever.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kurusu Lapras wrote:
There are serious plans for Lunar colonization

But if the earth is destroyed by global warming like you said, what will our moon rotate around? What if it hurdles toward the sun?

I honestly think if the human race dies out, it would be better. I mean come on. All we do is kill animals, pollute the air and cause global warming, and pollute water. The world would be a better place without us.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
pokemon ranger wrote:
Kurusu Lapras wrote:

But if the earth is destroyed by global warming like you said, what will our moon rotate around? What if it hurdles toward the sun?

I honestly think if the human race dies out, it would be better. I mean come on. All we do is kill animals, pollute the air and cause global warming, and pollute water. The world would be a better place without us.

besides, the moon cannot hold life, mars on the otherhand is the only planet that we can terraform and make even remotly liveable, ice and germs were found on mars. we may become martians soon

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I know this is really selfish but I really don't care if humans are destroyed. As long as I lived a long life I am fine with it.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
Archangel Mikael wrote:
pokemon ranger wrote:
Kurusu Lapras wrote:

besides, the moon cannot hold life, mars on the otherhand is the only planet that we can terraform and make even remotly liveable, ice and germs were found on mars. we may become martians soon

First, to Pokemon Ranger and Archangel Mikael, I said Lunar and Martian colonization; I believe we'll go to Mars and the Moon at about the same time. If either of the two, or possibly the future Earth, are uninhabitable for any reason, we'll just go to the ones that are.
Second, by Global Warming "destroying" Earth, I mean made unhinhabitable by man, not actually destroyed. The moon would be completely unnafected from Global Warming on Earth.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

We can't actually live forever, unless we can get out of the galaxy before the sun dies... I believe that it will poof up and consume all the planets before it dies... I saw something like that on the Science channel... Meh, it prolly isn't in my lifetime so IDC xD.

But on the *almost* bright side, I've heard scientists' research saying that black holes might be like "Warp points" to things called "White holes", located somewhere else in the universe that deflects all things... But, even if we're sucked into a black hole, the gravity would pull us into the smalest form possible, thus killing us. Nobody even knows if these white holes even exist....

Basically, we're all screwed.. Be it meteor showers, nuclear war, or the sun gobbling us all up, we WILL die...

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The question is if and when will the world stand still (lol, movie title) and die. Because of this, people want to enjoy it as much as they can. Many books ask what would happen if the Earth was about to die, and I'll tell you right now: it's happening right now...kinda

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]