It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Sidekick or Iphone? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Which do you think is better? The sidekick or the Iphone? I personally can't really decide.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
It really depends on what you need it for. They are really not too similar, unlike the iPhone and Instinct. But if I had to choose between the two, I would go for the iPhone.

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would chose the Iphone because of all the new games and apps that they are making for it.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Iphone, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to get youtube videos in school.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

iphone.
If there is one thing Apple gets right, it is organization and publicity.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I agree with everyone so far. I don't have one, but a few of my friends have iPhones and they're really amazing. Plus I've seen some videos that go into detail about what they're planning for the future of the iPhone and it's really creative.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

neither.

i prefer using a cellphone that does only what a cellphone is supposed to do.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Sidekick has a keyboard. and costs about half the price of the iphone

iPhone is totally overrated, as it costs way more instantaneously (for the hardware), and more per month (60 USD vs 25),

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:49 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've never heard of the sidekick, so I thought this topic would literally be:

"Would you rather have a small person in tights and a mask follow you around, do your bidding, and occasionally get kidnapped; or would you rather an iPhone?"

In which case, I'd probably go with the phone.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:40 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

1.) Good to see you.
2.) Use this for reference: http://www.sidekick.com/

I don't know if they have infected you with txting yet, but thats what you use if you want to text for cheap - $1 a day, or $25 a month. Some have foregon speaking for this txting, especially in college (it is cheaper, but you lose the basics of communication).

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(1) Marvellous to see you too
(2) No thanks I'm good

You see, the reason I am unaware of the Sidekick device is not because of some massive mental deficiency as you seem to think, but in-fact because I am from a different region of the world than you. A place where dollar signs and their associated price plans have no meaning. You're staring at me from across a vast culture divide, and can just about make out the fact I'm doing a rude gesture.

Your concern for the inevitable loss of my basic communication skills, while touching, is unfounded.

In fact, Europe has been using the GSM system of mobile telephony almost since it's inception, whereas America has only adopted it relatively recently. So we have been texting for quite a while longer than any of you.
I personally have been sending and receiving text messages since you were about 8 years of age (according to your profile) so I think I am well enough versed on the subject, thank you very much.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I was referring to texting as a virus thats destroying society and promoting interaction through a chip, not saying that you are deficient. In fact, it was more of a prayer that it does not go to you guys.

The "sidekick" is more of a colloquialism, similar to, I don't know, like....fish and chips (off the top of my head as a good example).

And just because you've been texting longer doesn't mean that you are necessarily aware of "text-only" plans that have risen. I've known about texting since like 2000, but never understood its purpose (admittedly, I still think its inferior to actual voice and conversation).

Here is a series of messages that involves "texting" language, and its pretty damn irritating - its fun occasionally but...
P-L
i r bored send me pm plz ;_;
Ok, i pm u. how r u?

AS
gud how r u

P-L
i gud.

i sowwyover politics, is very entertaning.
i want wat is best for us!

AS
its okey, we all want wats best 4 r countree

P-L
btw, was i rite wit ne werewolves?

AS
meebee

u wil c sooon

While this is a series of pms done in good humor, this is how people are communicating because they don't want to talk.

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It boils down to what you want to do with your device. Text messaging i belive there about even, Instant messaging nothing beats the Sidekick in that department yet. phone wise there about even, the sidekick still has an independant answer and end call buttons no menu's to go through to make a call. But sidekick to me (after owning sidekick ID, LX) still a toy. Internet felt slow, I kept losing data connections in the place I work (probably T-mobile thing) doesn't look profesional. iphone looks more grown and is feature packed and I was considering getting one. But im just going to wait till verizon releases the touch screen blackberry ( I currently have verizon) so i can check my goverment Email more effeciantly.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:32 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

P-L, just because you text doesn't mean you're automatically deficient in speaking. And no, you're wrong, speaking is tougher because I can't call my mom during school and ask her when my doctors appointment is without getting in trouble, however, I can text "When are you picking me up?" in little to no time without need for a conversation. Your slippery slope motif of 'the world is shot to hell and communications between people sucks because of texting' is actually quite humorous. The iPhone is superior, by far.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I finally decided which one I want. A sidekick because i love txt talk.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Peanut-Lover wrote:
1.) Good to see you.
2.) Use this for reference: http://www.sidekick.com/

I don't know if they have infected you with txting yet, but thats what you use if you want to text for cheap - $1 a day, or $25 a month. Some have foregon speaking for this txting, especially in college (it is cheaper, but you lose the basics of communication).

$25 a month for texting is pretty expensive. On verizon for $10 you can get unlimited to other verizon customers and i think like 500 for not verizon members. I'm not sure about you but where I live the majority of the people have verizon but in different places more people might use another service.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's not that expensive if you text like non stop all-day everyday.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:10 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

See, the problem here in NYC is that a few people are rich enough to have Verizon. Some are too poor that they use crappy t-mobile. Techy people and those that go to dead zones need the power of Sprint/Nextel. A good number take AT&T/Cingular.

Then, some have Virgin mobile or some new company, and they have that for text only. So that unlimited VZW to VZW doesn't get you as far (ok, in Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, and New Jersey, it does), and 500 messages goes away FAST.
College students are known for texting, and my bill goes to scary terrirory if i get 10 automatic text messages (I PAY A DIME A MESSAGE).

Long story short, it pays to have unlimited when there is competition.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
If you have that much money, you might as well get the Iphone, then donate a huge sum of money to some charity to make you fell good.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sidekick no question. The IPhone is cool and all but the touchscreen keyboard - not such a good idea. I'm an avid texter myself and that's not somthing I'd want.

hmmm...

Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]