It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Printed News 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Quite obviously, the newspaper provides a greater source of information than any other medium. In its multitude of pages, articles are longer, numerous, and more detailed than local or even most national news programs. What is your favorite section, and what do you like most about good ol' Black & White?

Personally, I love the front page for international news, but it also updates me on the most important local news stories. Second is business, followed by the metro section. However, I primarily love the Plain Dealer's Arts & Life section. The very back houses the single most important two pages woven in this quilt of news and professional opinion: the comics. Nothing is more important at lunch time than to be able to follow up on my favorite still cartoons. Being able to laugh or simply smirk makes each day seem that much more tolerable.

To me, it's a reminder that life isn't always so serious. One of the more enjoyable comics today, Get Fuzzy:

(I lol'd hard at this one myself. :)

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:29 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Technology, Science, and Business. But what I need only appears once a week. The in-depth analysis, week in review, the week ahead.

On a daily business, you have got to love the Sudoku. Crosswords = TOO F*ING HARD.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:07 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I generally read everything in the paper except for Sports (droll) and Business/Finance (droll AND nonsensical). What I enjoy reading particularly is the supplement that comes daily with most of the larger British newspapers - it normally contains some quite interesting articles that don't quite qualify as breaking news, but are still relevant and interesting and go into a little more detail. I also enjoy the letters and editorials pages. Seeing a balance of views is quite refreshing, even if I don't agree with all of them.

As for less serious business, I loves me some Perry Bible Fellowship. Shame that the guy stopped making 'em a while back, they were absolutely brilliant.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I just read the comics. I enjoy the laughs. I don't get newspapers anyway, I read them at friend's houses.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:18 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Does everything in the paper include Page 3 GQ? :p

I prefer my local newspaper to tabloids. I mostly read everything except the sports section which mainly talks about the latest high school football match. I quite like the offers section... I'm always up for some games nobody wants. Or a puppy. Also for some odd reason I like reading the obituaries to see if somebody I know has died. Cause that's what I'm like. Occasionally I'll read the Daily Mail to read news not related to celebrity and Royal Family gossip... Anybody from the UK will know which paper I'm referring to there. But it's mostly to read Fred Bassett, I love that hound.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:51 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My favorite parts of the newspaper is probably the international new section, the science section, the funnies (of course), politics (mainly my local and American ). I don't even touch the sports, celebrity, soap opera, etc. sections

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
Does everything in the paper include Page 3 GQ? :p

guardian kthx

I have style, y'know. :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]