It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Injuries 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hi guys, I thought this might be interesting.

A few days ago, I had to get stitches on my right knee for the second time in less than a year. The reason, my infamous little brother was chasing me while I needed to do my homework. I dashed to my room, but slipped (the tiles in my room are smoother than the ones for the rest of my house.) and skidded into the corner of the door-frame. I had to go to the emergency room, and got out at 9:45. :lol:

The first time I got stitches was from tripping on "the loop", a small, unpaved road my school has. We're supposed to run the loop to the end and back before the teacher shows up, or else you have to sprint in 3 times. (This is supposed to be as a warm-up). Because I love PE and had an on-going rivalry with a few guys in my class about who could run it first. I tripped on a rock jutting out of the ground and it made a deep gash in my knee.

For both of those stories, to bad my school has stairs and no ramps or elevators!

Also, I've fallen down the stairs at school once or twice. :lol:

When I was nine, I was bitten by a brown recluse spider in my sleep. Nine months later, the doctor finally said that he would have to cut the venom "sack" that had formed out of my arm. The operation was extremely painful, and took about a hour and 20 minutes. After that, I had a huge hole in my arm, and I've still got the scar 4 years later.

So, what unfortunate events in this sense have befallen you? Any stories or sympathy with the injuries are okay to post along with an injury.

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Sun May 04, 2008 6:40 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Last November, I dislocated my left knee. In April, I sprained the other knee. Probably the most painful thing I've been through in my life, so I guess I should be pretty thankful for my luck so far. :P

Apart from that, nothing major. I'm such a slob that I never get the chance to injure myself anyway.

Sun May 04, 2008 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Earlier this year I broke my wrist snowboarding and I just got the cast off about a month ago.

Sun May 04, 2008 11:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Luckily, I haven't fractured/broken anything...except my skull.

It was sometime near Halloween when I was either six or seven; my mum and I were going to go shopping for Halloween stuff. I was in the front seat. At one intersection, mum didn't want to wait for the light to turn green, so she went right on ahead.

And then someone hit us.

The airbag knocked me out, and we were promptly taken to the hospital. I remember waking up in a (really comfy) hospital bed and asking 'Where am I?'. I wasn't in any pain, and spent my time eating popsicles. When they were ready to fix me up, they used gas to put me to sleep. I also remember closing my eyes, hearing the nurse say 'It's working!', and then opening my eyes again right after that, lol. ;o

I don't remember if I missed Halloween that year or not.

Sun May 04, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Valentine wrote:

That explains a lot :p

I've only had one incident really worth mentioning. I was about two or three, and i was standing on the sink counter brushing my teeth. When I turned to get down, I slipped off the counter, hit my jaw, and managed to bite through about half of my tongue. My mom drove me to the ER, where I sat on the table for a good hour and refused to let the nurse look into my mouth. When I finally did open it, they decided that it wasn't bad enough to operate on, told my mom to give me soup and applesauce for a month, and sent us home.

Sun May 04, 2008 1:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

When I was about eleven me and my friends were racing our bikes down a hill near my house. As I was going down it my friend pulled out in front of me and we crashed. Luckily I didn't break any bones but my bike had flipped over me. The pedals on it were metal and had spikes on it for better grip. Well unluckily for me one of these had left a deep gash in my shin. One of my friends went to get my mum and she took me to A&E. They cleaned the gash and bandaged it. After that I just had to change the dressing everyday for about a month... I still have a shallow dip in my shin where it was.

Sun May 04, 2008 2:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've never broken anything ever. I did have appendicitis (sp?) when I was seven or eight though. I was in hospital for a week before they removed my appendix, then a few days afterwards.
Luckily, I got it over half term, so I didn't miss any school D:
I also had this really large bump on my head when I was four. A girl decided that pushing me down some outdoor steps was a clver idea. For years after, no one was allowed on those steps.
evilpingu wrote:
Valentine wrote:

That explains a lot :p

rofl

Mon May 05, 2008 9:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Part of my right pointer finger was ripped off with a saw.

Mon May 05, 2008 4:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I'm terrified of wasps. I run if I see one on the other side of the road. One day, when I was about ten, I saw one but wasn't scared (for some reason). But then, I pretended to be to my friends for a joke. I took one step, tripped over my lace, went stumbling, and when I finally landed, it was only to hit my head against the kerb. HARD. All I could see was all these purple and green loops in my face. I ran back to my house (roaring crying :oops: ).

I had a cut on my knee, both my hands and a huge one on my elbow. D: The scab had some kinda juice in it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

This one happened when I was about eight. I was in my aunt's house, outside on my bike. I thought I was going to hit a lampost so I pulled BOTH brakes.

I went flying.

I hit the ground, nose first. Once again, I started roaring crying. Blood everywhere.

Lovely (:.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Me and some of my friends and my sister were putting on make-up. (I wasn't the only guy :P.)
I said "Race you all to the bathroom to wash it off!".

One of my friends pushed my into the door and I got an icky cut on my head. D:

I also sprained my ankle on a hike with scouts.
Wasn't that sore, but I got a free bag of jellies (:D) for "Being so brave".

lol.

Edit: Lol, I cut my thumb with a saw. DX

Last edited by Patchy on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 06, 2008 8:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I must have been about 7 or 8...back when I wanted to act older than I was. I was helping my mom set the dinner table, and had a bowl of mashed beans in my hands. On the way to the table was a little hall with carpeting; at the beginning of the hall a piece of carpet was missing, exposing the tacks.

I started to dance as I took the bowl to the table...and BOOM! I fell flat on my face, spilled beans everywhere, and found two huge puncture wounds on my left knee dripping blood. Still have the scars, it kinda looks like a vampire bit my knee.

Thu May 15, 2008 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sixth grade was my "injury year."

First I skinned my knee on a short wall so bad you could see the bone (patella, I think).

Then on a different wall I tripped and smashed my arm.

Then at home I jumped too high and smash my head on the ceiling fan, and then it detached itself from the ceiling and fell on my head.

Mind you this was throughout the year, they all didn't happen at once.

Ah, good times.

Thu May 15, 2008 10:44 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Broken bones count so far: 16. Too many to tell the stories. 3 of them were in a car wreck. 3 others involving cars. The rest are mostly falling down stairs and such. My friends call me eugene sometimes.(y'know the kid in hey arnold who was always in some freak accident).

I will point out my two worst cases (pain level that is).

When I was 6 , some cousins got together at my grandad's ranch. We were playing hide and seek. This car was base right. So i got to base (you were supposed to get in the car and close the door afterwards) so i put my hand right by that weird hook cars have (the one that secures the door) and my cousing who was inside closed the door. my finger was caught between the 'hooks', the door completely closed. Too bad for me a finger broke. Even worse, the DOOR wouldn't open. The doors 'hooks' were faulty. So they ran to get my uncle while i waited ten minutes with a broken finger and blood all over my hands. In the end I had to wear a cast after surgery. Now there's a metal piece in my right ring finger. Put a magnet next to it and it'll hurt like hell. Also,the top half of my ring finger is completely numb...you might as well cut it off and i wouldn't feel it. I show by biting it, and i'll bite it when im in some exam, when im tense.

When I was 11 I fell down 10 ft. Fell from a cliff, landed on rocks..rolled a bit. No blood came out. I was ko'd for three days. Nothing happened really, but the fall made a permanent ball come out of my head, lucky me, hair still grows...After 5 years, we ahdn't noticed anything weird, but recently i got some tests done, and the ball in my head, is actually damaged brain, which works too much and gives me migraine every so often. The ball might give me problems further in my life. Blindness, deafness, you name it.

Edit: after reading S_S post i have to say this. I broke my arm getting undressed. I stretched way too much and the fan above me hit my arm multiple times, then fell on my head (i have a small scar by my left eyebrow from it).

haha there was this other time when I tripped. Y'know, and put my hands in front for protection. But one of my hands landed on a bee. It stung me. I'm ALLERGIC to bees. Was in the hospital for a whole day. I keep telling you, im accident boy.

Thu May 15, 2008 1:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

black_flygon wrote:
So i got to base (you were supposed to get in the car and close the door afterwards) so i put my hand right by that weird hook cars have (the one that secures the door) and my cousing who was inside closed the door. my finger was caught between the 'hooks', the door completely closed. Too bad for me a finger broke. Even worse, the DOOR wouldn't open.

The ball might give me problems further in my life. Blindness, deafness, you name it.

YIKES. I wish you the best, because that sounds like hell...

Thu May 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Around the age of 5, my mom had a boyfriend. This was the first time we had gone to his house and he had this neat looking Dog. It was Black with a brown stomach. (kinda like the Dogs from Resident Evil, but it wasnt rotting). SO my mom is talking with her boyfriend and his brother, and im petting the dog. Then, it Turns around and Bites my face. I dont recall anything after that till we got to the hospital. My mom had me in her lap and i had clothe on the bite marks below my eye, and on my eyebrow. i got about 4 stitches and they sent me home.

Another time, About 2 Years ago i had this Easter rabbit toy. And im passing the time in my room by throwing the bunny into the air. Well while im doing this, The Toy smacks the glass casing to my Light and it comes crashing down. I moved in time for it to cut my arm. It was smaller than my fingernail but it soaked through a towel. So as i try to get out of my room and avoid the glass. I go out of the room and approach mom with my arm covered in blood and i go "uhhhh mom. I got a problem i need ya to help me with" So she gets me into the bathroom and puts some toilet paper on it. it soaks through it. Then she puts a towel on it. Soaks through THAT. but after tha, it stopped bleeding. I SHOULD of gotten stiches, but my Stepfather decided to put duct tape on it instead.

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Thu May 15, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Forgot to tell you guys, I got the stitches take out last Saturday!! :D But I've still got a few cuts that are still open, and a bit if a deeper heart-shaped cut. I just have to be REALLY careful not to bend my knee too much now, or else the stiches that'll eventually dissolve will pop, and then I've gotta go back to the dreaded hospital, cut it open again and let them redo the stiches.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who's accident prone. :lol: :p

EDIT:

Quote:
When I was 11 I fell down 10 ft. Fell from a cliff, landed on rocks..rolled a bit. No blood came out. I was ko'd for three days. Nothing happened really, but the fall made a permanent ball come out of my head, lucky me, hair still grows...After 5 years, we ahdn't noticed anything weird, but recently i got some tests done, and the ball in my head, is actually damaged brain, which works too much and gives me migraine every so often. The ball might give me problems further in my life. Blindness, deafness, you name it.

Aww, man Black Flygon, I wish you well. I really hope that that never occurs.

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Last edited by Crystal on Sun May 18, 2008 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 15, 2008 6:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dark Zangoose wrote:
I SHOULD of gotten stiches, but my Stepfather decided to put duct tape on it instead.
Duct tape fixes everything, dont'cha know.

I've never had any magor injuries like breaking my arm or anything, but when I was like 4 or 5, I was getting into the bathtub, and the floor around it was wet. I bent over and slipped, and split my chin on the side of the bathtub, I had to get stitches, and I can still feel the scar on my chin today, but it dosent really hurt.

My friend broke his arm though when we both tripped running down the stairs together.

92% of all competitive battlers think that Skarm, Bliss, and a good 'Chomp is all you need to own things. If you're in the 8% who value creative thinking and originality with your teams, put this in you signature.

Thu May 15, 2008 6:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

when i was in 6th grade i ran into a counter, one of the high bar ones, and i broke my nose. I also cut myself on the nose. I had to get stitches.

In 8th grade i broke my wrist snowboarding by falling back and landing on it.

Thats all, I actually am not too injury prone

Thu May 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I have accidents all the time. Most of them aren't worth mentioning.

The most recent, mentionable injury happened a little bit ago. I friend kicked my wrist, bending it backwards against my arm. I wore a brace and now I have problems with it. It gets stuck in awkward positions and I can't move it at times. It hurts a lot too.

-_-

I may say more later.

Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This isn't about me, but did you see that Trent Green injury?

Sat May 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]