It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 American wall 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

However AABM I dont hink this topic is unimportant, because -unfortunatly- what Galar said is true, we have been teached about politics based on "anti-USA imperialism" ideas; wich eventually generates a strong "anti-america" feeling as Datvu said on some people.

I did mention this, since the Mexican-American war in (I think) 1854. We took half of the land, and 2/3 of the resources. I personally don't blame them entirely, seeing as we don't try to help them recover from it.

I think that the bottom line is that we (my country, the USA) should have better relations with Latin America. They are our neighbors. And, we can understand them (the spanish section anyway, not the portuguese - just kidding Galar) quite well with the abundance of bilingual personnel. If we had better relations with Latin America, we wouldn't need to worry about the Middle East for our oil. Yes, I mean Venezuela and Mexico. The Eurpeans are very expensive when it comes to buying there stuff, and snobish like they are doing us a favor. If I'm not mistaken, we can import about 2/3 of our goods from latin america for about half the price.

Watch, as soon as relations improve, it'll be like when relations improved with China - we are going to get all of our goods from them.

Edit: Just a little response to Galar's post :
Galar wrote:
and because of that we think most americans are stupid and straight-minded, that they are so stupid because the government makes them that way.

Yes, most americans are single-minded. You have a few intelligent ones, but most are single-minded. I'm sorry that the greatest country in the world has citizens that are stupid and ignorant. We dissapoint all that are not in the Middle East (wait, we dissapoint them, too). Hopefully, we will become less single-minded in the coming decades.

Thats it. I probably won't post here again until there really is more to say.

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2