Yes. 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
No. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Don't Care. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Ray's outrage: Colorado's Folley 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

~+This path is mine,+~

As early as 12:30am Wednesday morning homosexual couples of Colorado were done a great injustice. Referendum I and amendment 42 were respectively declined and passed. This means that not only will homosexual relationships not be recognizable by marriage, but now neither partner has legal rights in the partnership.
These pointless bills were written as means to define the undefined. Marriage needs no definition. It is supposed to be a promise made between lovers as a sign of their love and loyalty to one another. Marriage should not be set to a specific definition of heterosexual relationships. It isn’t about men or women, it is about love. Marriage is the union of two people who love one another, not some legal or scientific phrase.
Love cannot be defined by law or by opinion. It can’t be decided by any one person or conscious grouping. It is an emotion and emotions are not laws. If two people love one another then there is no reason they should be forced to bow to society just because they are “different”. Frankly, it’s a load of bull that just because the coupling isn’t man woman they are no longer eligible for any form of legal rights in his relationship.
Referendum I, had it been passed, allows for the survivor of a homosexual relationship to be entitled to the same legal rights as any other married couple. It also allows for the partners in one such relationship to leave inheritances and or children to one another. This referendum was not passed, thus denying these rights.
Amendment 42 is the legal documentation coining marriage to be heterosexual only. This means that now it is semi-illegal to have a same sex marriage in Colorado and more over the state is not required to acknowledge your partnership. This amendment also ensures that even if the marriage occurs out of state, the state is not required to honor that bond.
America, home of the free unless you’re gay. I hate to say it but the times are shifting. Where once there was freedom oppression is occurring. Time has come when even the most basic of rights has been infringed. America was about life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. With out a “perfect” body you can’t live. Without money you can’t pursue happiness. Now even love has been benchmarked by society. It would seem to me that this administration will stop at nothing to attain total control. My condolences to those who are wronged by the loss of right wrought unto this nation. If we band together there is hope to overthrow amendment 42. It can be repealed if we only try. To define marriage and consequently define love is meaningless and wrong. To write it into law is worse.

~*and the tracks are new*~

What lies beyond the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother's arms. Exile.
The waves that flow and dye the land gold.
The blessed breath which nurtures life. A land of wheat.
The path the angels descend upon.
The path of great winds. The Grand Stream.
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?

The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm ashamed to live there. Why can't Christians put their egos aside?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sure, in my own personal values marriage is between a man and a woman but a homosexual couple in your neighbourhood won't change your life.

Let them do what they want.

Damn Christians need to stop thinking they're the kings of the freakin' world and let other people they don't know go on with their own lives, regardless of which way they choose to live them.

If I lived in Colorado I'd start a riot.

(I had an obsession with text editing here)

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's sick and terrible! What happened to the seperation of church and state? Two poeple who hate eachother have more rights to marriage and families than two people who love eachother!? This is an outrage! Where did banning gay marriage come from? The minds of christians, from the bible! Where is the law here? There should be no law! "Gay marriage is not natural!" Neither is birth control, neither is velcro! "They might try to make me homosexual too!" Hanging with tall people will make you tall! "Homosexual marriage will uproot the very foundation of society, it's too much change!" Cars were a big change! Fire was a big change!

The entire reason we don't have gay marriage is because of the oversight of the very laws of this damn nation! Where are the un-biased individuals who are not swayed by a book!

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<font color="999999">I think I couldn´t be in major agreement with JameJame´s words, they just express the samething I know about these kind of things, but seriously that is nothing but a human issue to try disrupting different people´s lives, in my thoughts, I guess I have to give credit to christians for that kind of things, disalowing people from going on their own is not correct... I guess...

JameJame wrote:
Damn Christians need to stop thinking they're the kings of the freakin' world and let other people they don't know go on with their own lives, regardless of which way they choose to live them.

girl, if I had post first I have said more or less the same thing.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:27 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The argument against gay marriage is more than religion. The article tells nothing of the reasons for banning gay marriage, so how can it be assumed that this is religiously motivated? It's not just Christians that are against gay marriage anyway, nearly every religion is. Granted, Colorado is predominantly a Red State, but the majority of the state House is Democrat (your secular law makers). It serves good reason to believe that a better debate other than religion was presented in order to pass in the bicameral legislature for their Republican governor to sign.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes, but homosexuals were first condemmed by religions, as was abortion and so on, thus we can assume that, whatever reasons were put forward, they must have all stemmed from religion. I mean, it's unlikely that the reason was something like "Him being gay makes me feel sick, stop him from getting married." But over here in England, it's legalised, so I really should step out of your argument. :wink:

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:12 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

This is ridiculous. Why shouldn't gay people marry? I've thought about it for months, and I still can't think of a decent reason why they shouldn't.

I disagree with the concept of any sort of marrige in the first place, but I say that if straight couples can marry, then so should homosexuals.

DatVu wrote:
The argument against gay marriage is more than religion. The article tells nothing of the reasons for banning gay marriage, so how can it be assumed that this is religiously motivated?

Well, what other reason could there be?

Obsidian wrote:
Yes, but homosexuals were first condemmed by religions, as was abortion and so on, thus we can assume that, whatever reasons were put forward, they must have all stemmed from religion.

Proof enough that religion has too much influence in the modern world.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Christianity is not the only religion in this world, people need to get that through their head. Without homosexuals in this world, there would be no Leonardo DaVinci, no Albert Einstein, few composers, and even only a scarce sprinkling of poets.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Christianity is not the only religion in this world, people need to get that through their head. Without homosexuals in this world, there would be no Leonardo DaVinci, no Albert Einstein, few composers, and even only a scarce sprinkling of poets.

Note GQ's post. His, and my post that is quoted outline the fact that we weren't focusing on just Christianity.

And as for your Leo and Einstein bit...? Could you elaborate, it's just I am now intrigued about Einstein's sexuality...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was pointing out christianity specifically because the founders of this country were christian.

Leonardo DaVince was believed to be bisexual. He believed in two equal halves of the body, male and female. His gender being male, he increased his feminine half by engaging with males. I'd gladly elaborate more, if you want to PM me about it.

I don't know how to elaborate Albert Einstein. He was what he was.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:05 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

As much as we disagree with what Colorado's done, it is their right to ban gay marriage. The people of that state voted the legislature in, and certainly didn't rise up to try to stop them from passing anti-gay legislation. If the people of Colorado want to get rid of it, they can vote in people that will do just that.

Honestly, a lot of the opposition to gay marriage is with the use of the word 'marriage'. They take issue with the fact that marriage is being used for a union that can't naturally result in children, because that is what marriage was for. Personally, I say take marriage out of the government's hands, give it back to religion, and have the government grant civil unions or some other sort of similar institution to give couples the economic/legal benefits associated with marriage now. Then, if the couple wants to go the extra mile and have the union blessed by their religion, that will be marriage, but it won't confer any extra rights. Sure it sounds like the 'seperate but equal' thing that the blacks went through here in the 1950s/60s, but this time it actually IS equal, as opposed to whites get to eat in the front while blacks have to go in the back to the kitchen to get their food.

Benjamin wrote:

They know that, they just think it's the only correct religion in the world, and the only one that will actually get its followers into heaven.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]