It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fads, Trends, etc. 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

downXcore wrote:
hahahaha! i'm a trendy person i don't follow trends

downXcore wrote:
the only trends that i do follow r trends set by my 2 favorite bands (Emery and underOATH)!

Contridiction much?

I also find it weird that someone who considers themself popular likes Pokemon. It's just not possible for someone to be popular to like Pokemon. Stop lying.

Latios wrote:
Another trend that everyone is doing is alot of people are buying clothes that have Looney Toons on them and there made by LOT29. Now this fad I actually like since I have always liked the Looney Tunes. When your walking down the hallways you always see someone wearing something like that.

h8.

I hate those shirts. they take all the classic cartoon characters (everyone from Bugs Bunny to Popeye) and even some popular characters from ads (the M&M's...even the Pillsbury DoughBoy) and "gangsta-rize" them. Everytime time I see one of those I die a little inside.

I'd show an example right now, but it'd make you want to burn your eyes out.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:05 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well none of my friends know i like pokemon
and u r right there is contradiction

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

It's just not possible for someone to be popular to like Pokemon.

I beg to differ. I have alot of friends, and I like Pokemon. Most people in the Senior and Junior classes have at the very least heard of me. Everyone knows me for some reason, even people I've never met!

Take last year's homecoming for instance. My date was from a different school, and I warned her before we went in that weird people would be stopping us to say hi to me all night.

Well, the entire night we were stopped at least twice every fifteen minutes or so, and screamed a greeting at at least every five. Most of which were people I had never seen before, but they apparently knew me as they addressed me by my last name.

So yeah, I'm not Jock/cheerleader/captain of the swimteam popular, but my name gets around the school (not to sound vain, mind you).

Maybe it's just different for me...

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well you're all VERY lucky. The trend at my school is: being a CHAV. I mean, seriously. Good thing I don't follow trends.

I have started a couple though. Back in primary school I started the trend of Nintendo sheped PEZ canisters, but that died out. And there was some poor kid who only got the stuff after it had died out. *sigh* good times...... :roll:

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The current trends at my school are to play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, quote from the movie 'Bill and Ted's excellent adventure', and wear jackets when it's cold.

My school is so trendy. 8-)

Just popped back in 2023 to poke around and feel nostalgic. <3 If you're reading this, and I knew you back in the day, drop me a line sometime and we can reminisce! I'm at cloudmartian at gmail dot com

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:08 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The current trends at my school are to play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, quote from the movie 'Bill and Ted's excellent adventure', and wear jackets when it's cold.

My school is so trendy. 8-)

Galactic Battlegrounds is OLD! I was playing the Clone Campaigns expansion about three years ago!. Or is there a new one?

The trend at my new school is... not sure yet. It's only been a few days since we started. At my last school, those "scubidus" (stupid bits of plastic string) were ridiculously popular. People even played with them in front of the teacher.

Then every one forgot about it. lol.

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:22 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You think Battlegrounds is old? "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure" came out when my parents were in highschool. :P

Really, I think one of the best things about being homeschooled is having crazy trends. And lots of computer time! :)

Just popped back in 2023 to poke around and feel nostalgic. <3 If you're reading this, and I knew you back in the day, drop me a line sometime and we can reminisce! I'm at cloudmartian at gmail dot com

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I thought this topic was going to be about those stupid fads that everyone and their mother was into for a while like... Pogs, Yo-yos, scooters, Furbies, etc.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have inspired a small trend around my group. It's a trend involving owls. We blame everything unfortunate on owls, and we call each other "you stupid displeased owl" as a friendly insult. It really blows the teachers' minds.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, that's just incomprehensible. I'd be so put off by that, I wouldn't know what to do.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My dress sense is very erratic. I wear whatever takes my fancy at the time. However, I do look at others and if I like what they are wearing, I will be influenced by them, but I don't actively think "I want to dress like him". Basically, people should wear whatever they feel comfortable in (I don't just mean physically) and clothes that make you feel good about yourself and confident.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I thought this topic was going to be about those stupid fads that everyone and their mother was into for a while like... Pogs, Yo-yos, scooters, Furbies, etc.

In all fairness, Pogs were at least fun to play.

lol, they actually had some motivational speaker at my grade school, and he used Yo-yos for visual aids. Then he gave me and two other people a free signed yo-yo, and said to teach people how to use yo-yos. My dog chewed it up, and I didn't really care.

My dog also chewed up my dead grandma's Furby. We took it apart and removed its ears and outer fur. So it's this creepy alien skeleton now.

This thread is now about fads that lasted for a few months and then disappeared into novelty and obscurity.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:17 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Worst idea/fad. Ever.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Worst idea/fad. Ever.

Alright where do people get these ideas to make stupid things. Pet rocks i mean come on. If u want a pet rock go outside and get one. DO NOT BUY ONE :evil:

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:24 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

lol. Exactly like the scubidu fad. IT'S JUST A PIECE OF STRING, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! LOOK IN THE BACK OF YOUR CUPBOARD, AND YOU WILL FIND IT FOR FREE!

Another silly fad which looks plain ridiculous is for men to have their trousers hanging down below their buttocks. It looks absolutly retarded. I want to go up to one of them and shout "Do you need your mummy to help you get dressed?"

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

while they were kinda dumb, Pet Rocks are actually worth quite a bit of money nowadays O_o

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:25 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

But couldn't you just get any old rock and say "Here's a pet rock! Now gimme the money!"

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2